• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

Anybody hear anything about Dekeyser being out tonight? My dad just called and said he heard it somewhere, but didn't recall where, and can't substantiate it. Given how piss poor he is at understanding the internet I'm assuming it was some rumor, or worse, some dumb s***'s opinion on Mlive or Freep or something.

p.s. Kindl will be a boss tonight...for all the haters.

Edited by kipwinger

Anybody hear anything about Dekeyser being out tonight? My dad just called and said he heard it somewhere, but didn't recall where, and can't substantiate it. Given how piss poor he is at understanding the internet I'm assuming it was some rumor, or worse, some dumb s***'s opinion on Mlive or Freep or something.

For some reason, I have the same vibe that Kindl's going to have a real solid game. Hopefully, he does.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 5h

Babcock said Eaves in for Tootoo and Quincey in for Colaiacovo tonight. Those are only changes from last game.

Lets go WINGS!!!! We need a big W tonight...

Side Note, I will def. be tuning in for the beginning of the Bruins game tonight... I hope they give the city of Boston something to smile about, if even just for a moment... Prayers for Boston and win it for Martin Richard...

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Away: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Calgary

Overall: 2-game losing streak

Away: 1-game losing streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 4W-4L-0OTL-2SOL

Away: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Calgary

Overall: 6W-4L

Away: 6W-4L

Home / Away Games

This is the third of four consecutive Away games

All-time Record v. Atlanta / Calgary
All-time, Overall v. Atlanta / Calgary
149G: 47W-24L-84T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL
All-time, Away v. Atlanta / Calgary
75G: 28W-41L-6T
Season Record v. Calgary
This is the final of 3 games v. Calgary this season, with the Club's record in the previous 2 games:
0W-2L
This is the final of two Away games v. Calgary this season, with the Club's record in the previous game:
0W-1L

Record on this Day

April 17

This is the 3rd regular-season played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L

This is the 1st regular-season game played v. Atlanta / Calgary on this day

LGW.
Tonight's Officials
Referees Wes McCauley (4), Greg Kimmerly (18) Linesmen Mark Shewchyk (92), Greg Devorski (54)

"Right now I've got five guys that seem to be in on a nightly basis," Babcock said Tuesday. "It's been a rotation (for the sixth spot). I don't want a rotation. I want somebody to grab it and keep it. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do in Calgary."

Babcock has five defenseman he considers regulars – Niklas Kronwall, Jonathan Ericsson, Kyle Quincey, Jakub Kindl and rookie Danny DeKeyser – leaving Ian White, Carlo Colaiacovo, Brian Lashoff or Brendan Smith to show they deserve to join the aforementioned group.

Babs loves him some DeKeyser, and so do I for that matter. Looks like we won't be seeing him scratched! *knock on wood*

Boys... don't implode after I quote Babcock about Abby....

“Abdelkader, for me, has gone from being a fourth-line center to playing with Pavel (Datsyuk) every night and tied with (Henrik) Zetterberg, (Johan) Franzen and (Daniel) Cleary for goals (nine),'' Babcock said prior to the game against the Calgary Flames. “In a (full) regular season that’s a 20-goal season. That’s a home run for him, and he’s an every-dayer, he plays every night.

“So, when you added that altogether, I think he’s been the (most improved).''

When Babcock put Abdelkader on Datsyuk's wing early in the season, he never considered replacing him with a more skilled player, even when the young forward was experiencing a prolonged offensive slump and the team was having trouble scoring.

“The reason he gets to play with Pav is Pav likes him,'' Babcock said. “He gets him the puck back. He's at the net and gets out of the way. He’s not confused with what his role is.

“Lots of people think you should have another real skilled guy playing with (Datsyuk); that’s Zetterberg or Franzen. But, it’s not three guys who want the puck. There’s one puck. Pav wants it, and he wants somebody to give it to him. That’s what Abby does.”

Babcock likes Abdelkader on the wing more than at center.

“Some guys see it all, and some guys don’t,'' Babcock said. “In this league, to be a center it’s real good if you want to be a point-producer you’ve got to be able to see things, you got to be able to make people around you better.''

Abdelkader said of playing the wing: “It allows me to be on the forecheck and be down low some more. And, obviously, playing with Pav or Mule or Z, they're all tremendous players. I'm just trying to go out there and do my part.''

Edited by evilzyme

Is anyone watching Red Wings live? Danny DeKeyser was forced into Lidstrom's old locker because it was the only one left. They interviewed him and he was trying to not act too overly happy but my god he looked like a giggly school girl. It was beautiful

Boys... don't implode after I quote Babcock about Abby....

No doubt Babs. Of his 9 goals, three came in one game, three were banked in off his body by someone else and two more were empty net goals. So yeah, he definitely projects into a 20 goal guy over a whole season. Sure. Completely legit top sixer.

Edited by kipwinger

No doubt Babs. Of his 9 goals, three came in one game, three were banked in off his body by someone else and two more were empty net goals. So yeah, he definitely projects into a 20 goal guy over a whole season. Sure. Completely legit top sixer.

Try first line talent!

lol

Another huge game! I hope we'll actually get to see the "pissed" Franzen. If we lose, then it's a season sweep for the Flames, which should never happen! They've lost Iggy but I'm sure the rest of the team will give us a hard time. Here's to a great win for our Wings.

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Franzen x 2, Filppula)

Flames 2

:siren: LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! :siren: