• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

That one is on Jimmy, period. He has been great but I do wonder what happens to the smug "Jimmy is average /sarcasm" crowd when he takes the s*** he took tonight.

This team is playing pretty pitiful top to bottom considering the position they are in.

Sport's announcer"s keep saying game after game it seems that the wing's are struggling to find the back of the net. I think they need to look at that statement. Tonight is a good example. The Flames has a great goalie and he stopped many shot's on goal. Made some awesome plays unlike our goalie. Even if we make it to the playoffs we don't stand a chance with Howard !!!!!!!!

Stop it. Just stop it.

Every game lately has been important. And he's been great in all of them. Allowing 3 goals is hardly s***ting on your team. Sooner or later this offense will have to bail Howie out in a game. That's happened like once this season that I can recall. Scoring 1-2 goals per game isn't good enough.

It's not how many goals he allowed, it's how he allowed them.

Make the other team beat you. Don't give them the game.

Howard's stats for the season are fine. Even now, with this mediocrity on front of him. We need to score more than twice to win.

This team just never seems to seize their chances to improve in the standings. Unfortunately at some point they will have to win one more game tham Columbus.

Still five games though.

Jimmy's allowed to have a s***ty game. Some of our players have had a s***ty entire (half) season. Blaming Jimmy? Really? This board...sometimes I feel like I'm being trolled hard. I'm just gonna...go over here...

Your franchise goalie is absolutely not allowed to have a s***ty game when the playoffs are on the line. That's why he is your franchise goalie and why you pay him what you do.

Jimmy's allowed to have a s***ty game. Some of our players have had a s***ty entire (half) season. Blaming Jimmy? Really? This board...sometimes I feel like I'm being trolled hard. I'm just gonna...go over here...

Sure he is allowed a s***tty game once in a while BUT we don't have a whole lot more games to throw down the toilet.

Sure the team all changed at once on that third goal but he should have handled the puck and bat it to center field.

Edited by RedWingsRox

tumblr_m5xutcpAdm1qcmt9d.gif

Just calling it what it is. When Jimmy is great, we call him great. Tonight folded like a lawn chair.

5 seconds of watching the Ducks and I realize what Detroit doesn't have. I haven't seen good man-on-man defense in Detroit all season.

And the Jackets just scored...

s***ty announcers?

The wings lost because of Kipper, not Howard. First of all, if kipper wasn't spectacular all game, those goals wouldn't have had as much of an affect on the outcome. Secondly, its not like howard could have done anything on the first bad goal. The second one was more his fault, but it has to be unbelievably hard to judge when the puck will get into the trapezoid AND when the player will get there all by just eyeballing. It was his fault, but he DESERVES to be cut some slack.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season. Their defensemen have been surprisingly good after losing the best defensemen of all time. And explain how Detroit has allowed 2 goals or less practically every game over the last 2 months

Sport's announcer"s keep saying game after game it seems that the wing's are struggling to find the back of the net. I think they need to look at that statement. Tonight is a good example. The Flames has a great goalie and he stopped many shot's on goal. Made some awesome plays unlike our goalie. Even if we make it to the playoffs we don't stand a chance with Howard !!!!!!!!

How are those two statements related?

If we aren't scoring, then when we win games it is because of Howard! We don't stand a chance with our current goal production. In the history of goaltending in the NHL there have been no more than 10 goals scored by goalies, so don't expect Howard to get a shutout every game. It's not possible, and all three goals tonight were because of bad puck luck. He made bad plays yes, but he also had bad luck. Wings need to score more than 2 goals a game if they're going to get into the playoffs, plain and simple. No other goalie in the world is going to be able to win more than Howard has if the team doesn't score more than 2 goals.

Your franchise goalie is absolutely not allowed to have a s***ty game when the playoffs are on the line. That's why he is your franchise goalie and why you pay him what you do.

Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. There is an entire team in front of Jimmy that has underperformed and hung him out to dry time and time again. They are responsible for this season. This is one game. Granted, it comes at a clutch time, but that wouldn't be the case if this TEAM hadn't backed themselves into a corner.

s***ty announcers?

The wings lost because of Kipper, not Howard. First of all, if kipper wasn't spectacular all game, those goals wouldn't have had as much of an affect on the outcome. Secondly, its not like howard could have done anything on the first bad goal. The second one was more his fault, but it has to be unbelievably hard to judge when the puck will get into the trapezoid AND when the player will get there all by just eyeballing. It was his fault, but he DESERVES to be cut some slack.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season. Their defensemen have been surprisingly good after losing the best defensemen of all time. And explain how Detroit has allowed 2 goals or less practically every game over the last 2 months

He wasn't spectacular.

He was laying on the goal line for many of those saves, and the Wings crappy shooters couldn't elevate the puck. The Kindl save he had no screen in front of him.

He did make a few great saves, but the blame should go on the Wings more than anything. There's a reason we're in the bottom half of the league in goals scored. We make every goalie look good.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Nah.

Holland will sign some washed up trash in the offseason, and be afraid to "overpay" for anyone else.

This team won't look much different next year, except we'll be a little younger with Cleary and Bertuzzi gone, and replaced by GR players.

But there still won't be any sniper or big, physical forwards here.

Oh I know that's why I put the emoticon within the post

Was it Jimmy Howard that failed to capitalize on all of those scoring chances?

Did Jimmy Howard have a TERRIBLE line change on that PP that left no one behind the goal line except Jimmy, Steve Begin, and the trapezoid?

Did Jimmy Howard throw the puck into his feet from Big E's stick?

It is not Jimmy Howard's fault the Red Wings lack a legitimate scoring threat.