• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

Dats has missed the net more this year than his entire career.

At least tonight, Dats missing the net is a good point as well.

I agree with the consensus, Howie lost this one for us tonight, but lest we not forget Dats had a couple great chances as well tonight where he just straight up missed the net.

At least tonight, Dats missing the net is a good point as well.

I agree with the consensus, Howie lost this one for us tonight, but lest we not forget Dats had a couple great chances as well tonight where he just straight up missed the net.

Already dreaming of Mother Russia no doubt.

Getting him back should be priority number one. Even ahead of firing Holland.

We're outshooting them 36-17... I really don't think that's the problem.

I'm talking about their overall play in this shortened season. it is a consistent, STUPID, fixable problem They pass too much, period.

Was it Jimmy Howard that failed to capitalize on all of those scoring chances?

Did Jimmy Howard have a TERRIBLE line change on that PP that left no one behind the goal line except Jimmy, Steve Begin, and the trapezoid?

Did Jimmy Howard throw the puck into his feet from Big E's stick?

It is not Jimmy Howard's fault the Red Wings lack a legitimate scoring threat.

Did Jimmy Howard forget to drink his coffee and look extremely slow and disinterested on both goals? You're in a playoff race. You have to be on your toes, never taking your eyes off the puck, thinking at 100 mph about the next play. Not waddling around behind the net like a baby penguin expecting something to happen.

Did Jimmy Howard forget to drink his coffee and look extremely slow and disinterested on both goals? You're in a playoff race. You have to be on your toes, never taking your eyes off the puck, thinking at 100 mph about the next play. Not waddling around behind the net like a baby penguin expecting something to happen.

LOL

To blame Jimmy for this loss would imply that the team in front of him deserved to win.

They scored (for all intents and purposes) ONE GODDAMN GOAL.

ONE

Not Jimmy's fault.

I was going to say...it seemed very strange how he made NO EFFORT AT ALL to get back into the net on the last goal. I mean, WTF?

Edit: To be clear, I'm a Howard supporter and I'm happy with his new contract. But not impressed on that play at all.

Edited by Zetts

LOL

To blame Jimmy for this loss would imply that the team in front of him deserved to win.

ONE

Not Jimmy's fault.

I'm not saying the loss is Jimmy's fault but we probably would have gotten at least one point if his head was actually in the game.

For all intents and purposes calgary scored ONE GODDAMN GOAL

ONE

by your logic and it would have gone to OT.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

I'm talking about their overall play in this shortened season. it is a consistent, STUPID, fixable problem They pass too much, period.

I guess...it seems to me like getting people crashing the net would be more important than throwing even more low quality chances at the net. I find them much too passive on offense (see: Filppula).

I was going to say...it seemed very strange how he made NO EFFORT AT ALL to get back into the net on the last goal. I mean, WTF?

Edit: To be clear, I'm a Howard supporter and I'm pleased with his new contract. But not impressed on that play at all.

Not only that, but the entire reason it looked like he lost track of the puck to begin with was because he was waiving his arms around about something down ice and wasn't even paying any attention to the puck whatsoever, which obviously led to him him whiffing on it and giving up that horrible goal.

LOL

ONE

Not Jimmy's fault.

Against a goaltender that stood on his head. Jimmy faced seventeen shots and gave up three goals. Kipper faced 34 and gave up 2. Jimmy himself said the loss was his fault, so what is your end game in arguing the contrary?

I'm not saying the loss is Jimmy's fault but we probably would have gotten at least one point if his head was actually in the game.

For all intents and purposes they scored ONE GODDAMN GOAL

ONE

by your logic and it would have gone to OT.

Spare me.

To win in this league, you need to score more than one goal. Period.