• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

Against a goaltender that stood on his head. Jimmy faced seventeen shots and gave up three goals. Kipper faced 34 and gave up 2. Jimmy himself said the loss was his fault, so what is your end game in arguing the contrary?

FINISH SCORING CHANCES

A goalie playing an outstanding game is twofold: the goalie makes a good save and/or the offensive player fails to finish.

So where are the guys who think Jimmy Howard is an elite goaltender at?

lmao, just wow. what a dumb post, a combination of bad bounces and terrible decision making by the defense and forwards, and you will honestly blame howie? I mean c'mon, get real here, and stop following the other sheep on using #35 as a scapegoat.

We shoot so much from the perimeter. It's really no wonder why opposing goalies look so good against us. And when we have an open look, the shot goes wide a good majority of the time, or so it seems. Combine that with a young, inexperienced, swiss cheese defense... And we have and team floating on the very ass end of the playoff picture. I understand that these are going to be down years for the Red Wings, but it didn't really have to come to this, and since it did, its a really boring brand of hockey. Whether you're in last place or 9th place, it doesn't really feel any better...so why not let all the up-and-comers play? I also wouldn't really feel bad if numbers 55, 52, 51, 93, 25, 17 and 20 weren't on the team moving forward, but who am I, I'm just a fan..a customer of the business that is the Detroit Red Wings. (and remember the customer is ALWAYS right :D ) I love Howard, but I wish Gustuvsson would play more. It's hard to be decent or consistent when you're only playing 1 game a month. As for Howard, the guy plays every game and very rarely has a bad one. How can anyone hate on that? The main issue is offense. Outside of Datsyuk, you cant rely on anyone else to make plays, especially plays in high percentage scoring areas. Having a fighter, or a bunch of skill guys, or two way players, it means nothing when no one can get to the middle of the ice and create space and offense. I haven't seen the goals from tonight but garbage goals and rebound goals are at an all time low for this team. And on the opposite, breakaways and shorthanded goals against are at an all time high.

FINISH SCORING CHANCES

A goalie playing an outstanding game is twofold: the goalie makes a good save and/or the offensive player fails to finish.

So by your logic, any goalie who stands on his head is the by product of not finishing? No. The job of a goaltender is to keep pucks out of his net no matter what. The Red Wings had great chances to score. Against another team, they would have. But not against Kipper tonight. Guy was fantastic (outside of the one bouncing puck). The fact of the matter is Jimmy Howard made a mental mistake that cost them the game. That's a fact. He said it in his post game interview. The myth that you have to score 4 goals a game to win is exactly that. If we have to score at least three goals to win every single game, I think we have bigger problems.

Just finished watching Columbus. Late in the game, playoffs on the line, playing the second best team in the Western Conference and they were all over Anaheim in the third period. Watching it, you just knew they were going to score.

Compare that to us. Late in the game, playoffs on the line, playing the second worst team in the Western Conference and we were nowhere to be found. Watching it, you just knew we were f***ed.

Ugh.

I think the real problem is that everyone wants this team to be something it's not. We are not the team that scores like the Blackhawks. Like Mike Babcock says, "we are what we are" and what we are is a team that lacks scoring. So, when you are a team that lacks scoring, you have to win games by grinding and keeping the puck out of your net. You have to learn how to win 1-0 or 2-1. We are not, nor have we been (this season) a team that is going to score a lot of goals. So, we need to keep them out of our net. See: L.A. Kings 2012

Just finished watching Columbus. Late in the game, playoffs on the line, playing the second best team in the Western Conference and they were all over Anaheim in the third period. Watching it, you just knew they were going to score.

Compare that to us. Late in the game, playoffs on the line, playing the second worst team in the Western Conference and we were nowhere to be found. Watching it, you just knew we were f***ed.

Ugh.

This game.

jackets-2-23-art-g74lpjeq-1blue-jackets-

So by your logic, any goalie who stands on his head is the by product of not finishing? No. The job of a goaltender is to keep pucks out of his net no matter what. The Red Wings had great chances to score. Against another team, they would have. But not against Kipper tonight. Guy was fantastic (outside of the one bouncing puck). The fact of the matter is Jimmy Howard made a mental mistake that cost them the game. That's a fact. He said it in his post game interview. The myth that you have to score 4 goals a game to win is exactly that. If we have to score at least three goals to win every single game, I think we have bigger problems.

HOLY s*** YOU DO NOT GET IT!!!!

They scored one goal. ONE GOAL. That's not enough. YOU....NEED....TO....SCORE...MORE...OR....YOU...WONT...WIN.

Whatf****** team in this league scores one goal and expects to win? No team.

It doesn't ******* matter how Jimmy plays if the team in front of him only scores once.

Edited by unsaddleddonald

They scored one goal. ONE GOAL. That's not enough. YOU....NEED....TO....SCORE...MORE...OR....YOU...WONT...WIN.

It doesn'tf****** matter how Jimmy plays if the team in front of him only scores once.

They did score more. They scored 2.

It doesn'tf****** matter how Jimmy plays if the team in front of him only scores once.

They literally scored two goals tonight.

0-3 against a complete joke of a team

that is the icing on the no playoffs cake if you ask me

i have nothing left in me to watch any of the remaining games a sad reality how garbage this team now is

They did score more. They scored 2.

I guess, but the 2nd one was a fluke.

0-3 against a complete joke of a team

that is the icing on the no playoffs cake if you ask me

i have nothing left in me to watch any of the remaining games a sad reality how garbage this team now is

This. There is no excuse for going 0-3 against a team in the bottom of the standings. Think of how valuable six (or even four or five) points would be right now.