• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

I guess, but the 2nd one was a fluke.

This. There is no excuse for going 0-3 against a team in the bottom of the standings. Think of how valuable six (or even four or five) points would be right now.

like I said, Calgary only scored 1 goal that was not a fluke too

Well the Tigers are playing a hell of a game right now for those who are interested. Scherzer was an absolute beast, striking out 12 through 8 innings. Against a Cy Young winner no less. Extra innings now and time for the boys to go hunting.

Thank god I'm not the only one who thought this. I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS

I thought they played very well actually, they did a good job controlling the play, fighting down low and winning puck battles, we just were outplayed by kipper. IIt seems when we actually play well we seem to lose, and when we play sub-par we score more goals...

I just love how everyone equates not scoring with not playing well, yes we need more goals but it doesn't mean we didn't play well

I thought they played very well actually, they did a good job controlling the play, fighting down low and winning puck battles, we just were outplayed by kipper. IIt seems when we actually play well we seem to lose, and when we play sub-par we score more goals...

I just love how everyone equates not scoring with not playing well, yes we need more goals but it doesn't mean we didn't play well

Geeze man, it doesn't matter.

If you don't score and you don't win, it doesn't matter.

Results......Results....

Kipper stole the game, plain and simple. Not much more to say, Wings played well IMO. People who think they didn't "show up" are out to lunch.

I don't think it's a matter of them "not showing up," because I agree they played solidly--THIS game. The thing that frustrates me is that we shouldn't even BE in this position because the Wings should have AT LEAST 8 more points from games that should have been easy wins had they just decided to show up and play hard.

The other frustration is that regardless of how solidly they play, none of that matters if they're not finding the back of the net. We have FAR too many games where we can't seem to score more than two goals--and the Wings record when scoring three or more goals speaks to that. Something like 16-0-2? Wow. Just wow.

Geeze man, it doesn't matter.

If you don't score and you don't win, it doesn't matter.

Results......Results....

yes... like i said, we need more goals, we can't win if we can't score. Saying the team didn't play well however is incorrect, Calgary had no business winning tonight,

I can't argue about this anymore. Not with my Red Wing brethren .

But guys....come on...

This team's biggest problem is goal scoring. Everyone knows that. Don't let that aspect off the hook and blame arguably this teams MVP.

I 100% agree that he's this team's MVP and we'd be in a lot of trouble without him. I also agree that goal scoring is our biggest problem.

But that doesn't mean that he never deserves blame - and in particular he's got to take a lot of responsibility for this game. What I found particularly inexcusable (as I said before) was his COMPLETE lack of effort to get back in the net on the third goal. That was embarrassing.

yes... like i said, we need more goals, we can't win if we can't score. Saying the team didn't play well however is incorrect, Calgary had no business winning tonight,

It doesn't matter that they played well if they don't win.

I'm really not trying to get under your skin or anything, but moral victories don't produce 2 points.

Bottom line: score goals or get out.

I 100% agree that he's this team's MVP and we'd be in a lot of trouble without him. I also agree that goal scoring is our biggest problem.

But that doesn't mean that he never deserves blame - and in particular he's got to take a lot of responsibility for this game. What I found particularly inexcusable (as I said before) was his COMPLETE lack of effort to get back in the net on the third goal. That was embarrassing.

Middle ground: the blame of this loss is 50% on Jimmy and 50% on the offense.

I disagree. It was sort of like, who's the smartest dumb kid. They couldn't score and didn't really play much defense. We couldn't score, didn't play much defense, AND actively gave them goals. We were clearly the worse team because we scored their goals for them, those weren't lucky bounces, they were miscommunications and screwups. Neither team was good, but we were probably the less...um...gooder?

Edit: We gave them two goals by screwing up, they gave us one goal by being Canadian and therefore forsaken by God.

Edited by kipwinger

Honestly feel bad for Datsyuk playing with the players that he has been playing with, probably losing the love for the game. Wouldn't be mad if he went to the KHL to finish his career.

So we can officially start the petition to change the team name to the Detroit Plebians.

I'm really not trying to get under your skin or anything, but moral victories don't produce 2 points.

Middle ground: the blame of this loss is 50% on Jimmy and 50% on the offense.

I do not understand what point you are trying to make/argue here. I literally agreed with you that we need more goals, but I am speaking to the people who are talking about how terrible we played tonight, simply put we played well but we still lost yes, saying we played like crap is wrong, because we did not. There are no moral victories or what have you, there are facts however, and the fact is we didn't play bad, and we were all over calgary for the majority of the game, but we did not score enough to overcome a few mistakes that were made

Was this game Jimmy's fault? Yeaaaa, mostly it was. Does that mean he's (to quote another post) "horse****"? Nope. Howie has bailed the rest of that team out in a lot of games this season and tonight they failed to return the favor.

I disagree. It was sort of like, who's the smartest dumb kid. They couldn't score and didn't really play much defense. We couldn't score, didn't play much defense, AND actively gave them goals. We were clearly the worse team because we scored their goals for them, those weren't lucky bounces, they were miscommunications and screwups. Neither team was good, but we were probably the less...um...gooder?

Edit: We gave them two goals by screwing up, they gave us one goal by being Canadian and therefore forsaken by God.

wel said.except the gooder thing but truth is we blew this one and it will come back to bite us for sure

One goal pinballed around off howie, complete dumb luck for calgary and terrible luck for us, and the other goal was just poor decision making by the entire team, but aside from that I think we played good.

100% agree, in the end they lost to a team of call ups and scrubs, Begin had 2 goals for crying out loud. A lot of teams have losses in which they outplayed the opposition Hawks, Penguins, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, etc. You know what the difference is? Those teams won on a consistent basis. They didn't allow it to get to "must wins" to play like that and still lose.

I do not understand what point you are trying to make/argue here. I literally agreed with you that we need more goals, but I am speaking to the people who are talking about how terrible we played tonight, simply put we played well but we still lost yes, saying we played like crap is wrong, because we did not. There are no moral victories or what have you, there are facts however, and the fact is we didn't play bad, and we were all over calgary for the majority of the game, but we did not score enough to overcome a few mistakes that were made

You're going to have a hard time convincing people we didn't play terribly when two Detroit f*** ups led to two Calgary goals. We also had a load of power plays which we couldn't convert on, and we were completely lackluster in every other facet of the game. The fact that they were as lackluster offensively and defensively doesn't mean we weren't terrible...we were. They were just bad enough to make our utterly ineffective team look like it was doing something productive.

I don't even understand how Howard f-ed up twice in a row. I don't even know what to say about it.

Don't care about Howard having a terrible game. Wings would be sitting in 11th or 12th without him. In a must win and considering the opposition the Wings should of had a stranglehold of this game after the first 20 minutes..... end of story.

One goal pinballed around off howie, complete dumb luck for calgary and terrible luck for us, and the other goal was just poor decision making by the entire team, but aside from that I think we played good.

Not dumb luck. How many times does the goalie stop the puck for the defenseman to pickup? A million times a game? It's a routine play that they bobbled, bumbled, and ultimately got scored on. Luck had nothing to do with it. Execution did.

Also, good teams that play good rise to the occasion in "must win" situations. They score on one of their million powerplay chances. They beat the worst team in the conference. They do lots of things. What they don't do is commit a litany of mental errors which ultimately give the game to the opposition on a night when their main competitors for the playoffs beat the second best team in the conference in a nearly identical situation.

Edited by kipwinger