• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

Yeah so in the one of the first posts of this thread I warned of Kiprusoff stealing the game. Yeah. As fluky as Begin's goals were, he has three less than 5 million dollar man Val Filppula. Pathetic. And yet Columbus can go into a tough barn and earn two points whilst this sad sack team has pissed away six potential points against one of the bottom feeders of the conference.

I am way to tired to argue, so kip, and everyone else, lets agree to disagree, we can all agree that we needed the win and didn't get it, I gotta be up in 4 hours, and wish I hadn't even stayed up for this game...

Fair enough, have a good one bud.

Not dumb luck. How many times does the goalie stop the puck for the defenseman to pickup? A million times a game? It's a routine play that they bobbled, bumbled, and ultimately got scored on. Luck had nothing to do with it. Execution did.

Also, good teams that play good rise to the occasion in "must win" situations. They score on one of their million powerplay chances. They beat the worst team in the conference. They do lots of things. What they don't do is commit a litany of mental errors which ultimately give the game to the opposition on a night when their main competitors for the playoffs beat the second best team in the conference in a nearly identical situations.

Good teams beat teams that are asking to be beat.

Don't care about Howard having a terrible game. Wings would be sitting in 11th or 12th without him. In a must win and considering the opposition the Wings should of had a stranglehold of this game after the first 20 minutes..... end of story.

Well eleventh is the same as ninth.

Well eleventh is the same as ninth.

If they were 11th or 12th they would not even have a shot at the playoffs they still do because of Howard although i don't believe they are a playoff team and Howard is the last person in the overall season that should be blamed.

Columbus and Dallas are better teams at the moment though, better chemistry, more energy, and just determination to make it. Wings have none of those it is just Datsyuk, Howard, Zetterberg(i guess) and a whole lot of turds staining up the winged wheel.

Edited by Yak19

if you don't make the playoffs, 11th is better then 9th, better picks

That's obviously true, but that's unfair to put on Howie, which is where this stream of comments came from. If he's played well enough to boost them 2 spots, you don't say, "well, he should have sucked because then we'd get better draft picks". You say, "where the hell was the rest of the team to boost us into 8th?"

I'm still pissed at him for this game though.

Edited by Zetts

Sorry but this one is on Howie ... 2 brain farts ... how could you mishandle that after the 1st blunder!

First goal was definitely on Ericsson. It was he that mishandled the puck that was poke checked by Begin via Howard's skates. He should have been more careful. Second is on Howard although he was abandoned by his teammates. Edited by RyanBarnes!

The Wings can't score. The quality of scoring chances is appauling. No one finishes. Howard had a bad game, but how many times does he bail us out? We rarely give him any breaks. He can't be 100% every night, especially when there is so much pressure on him because we can't score.

The Wings can't score. The quality of scoring chances is appauling. No one finishes. Howard had a bad game, but how many times does he bail us out? We rarely give him any breaks. He can't be 100% every night, especially when there is so much pressure on him because we can't score.

Well there is a certain Swedish guy who can make 47 saves, following that up with 45 ..and and 40 you get the idea? Not to piss on Howard but top goalies are at the top of their game, when the team is needing it the most.

I still don't understand why Babcock changes the lineup every game??? It's no wonder the defense can't ever be on the same page. I honestly feel the Kenny H and Babcock don't want to make the playoffs just because of draft position and maybe having a true reason to do a roster overhaul. Kenny makes zero moves with cap space and Babcock continues to screw with the line combos!!!!

Went to bed after the second goal figured they were toast after I go no I don't by Jimmy

Disappointed yes think had a few bounces go our way the first period totally different game but you also make your bounces by busting your hind end.

I am worried that this team has a SEVERE lack of heart on the bench and on the ice and I don't see that situation clearing whether we make the playoffs or not.

Don't care about Howard having a terrible game. Wings would be sitting in 11th or 12th without him. In a must win and considering the opposition the Wings should of had a stranglehold of this game after the first 20 minutes..... end of story.

That's just the thing - Howard has stolen several games for us this year. It's not like Bryzgalov where Howard has confidence issues stopping pucks shot in his direction - this was a messed up game where he misplayed the puck twice worse than I can ever recall him misplaying a puck in any other game. As far as Howard goes, I can let it go, just like letting it go with Osgood and San Jose in '94 turned out to be good thing for Detroit down the road.

As for the overall TEAM, however, inexcusable. They basically scored one goal, since Franzen's was a fluke that never should've gone in. Kipper's reaction to it made me sick - this is a team that shouldn't even care. Kipper will be retired in a week, and they're playing for nothing right now other than pride and to screw themselves out of a better draft pick. You need to clean up games like that down the stretch against non-playoff teams, and they couldn't even get a point.

I hate to say it, but I have to be honest...if you believe in hockey "karma", as of right now, Columbus deserves that 8th spot more than we do. I hope to hell that doesn't happen, but it's the truth.

First goal was definitely on Ericsson. It was he that mishandled the puck that was poke checked by Begin via Howard's skates. He should have been more careful. Second is on Howard although he was abandoned by his teammates.

Agreed. The boys know how terrible Howard is at playing the puck, the 1 flaw in his game. Hustle back so he doesn't have to. And it was a SH goal too... 2 in 1 game really hurts. Those happen maybe twice a season.

I guess...it seems to me like getting people crashing the net would be more important than throwing even more low quality chances at the net. I find them much too passive on offense (see: Filppula).

That, too, Zetts. :) Filppula especially. The traffic in front of the net definitely paid off in the Pred's game.

Well there is a certain Swedish guy who can make 47 saves, following that up with 45 ..and and 40 you get the idea? Not to piss on Howard but top goalies are at the top of their game, when the team is needing it the most.

Easy solution then: go get Henrik Lundquist. Or a goalie just like him since they are a dime a dozen.

And top players are at the top of their game, when the team is needing it the most. Top players will get that next goal to put their team ahead. The goalie needs to stop pucks and the team in front of him needs to score goals. It is a two way street.

The thing that bothers me most is the attitude of both the Coaching staff and the players. Yes it is a retooling year and they are right where they thought they would be...fighting for a spot. However what is killing them and has been for a few years now is effort. Last nights outcome was no surprise. Calgary always plays with more effort and heart then the Wings do and that is why they usually win in their own rink. We cannot blame missing the playoffs this year on injuries and retooling that is an excuse. The top players on this team need to be called out for that performance last night. The fans deserve better. If Dekeyser and Kindl were the only returning d-man next year I would be fine with that. They are closer to a top pairing then anything we have. Kronwall should be taking a night off.

A must win game, and the Wings don't compete hard enough at all. Giving away 2 points like that is not going to get you into the playoffs. The good out of this game, is I thought Gus and Flip looked pretty good. And I think it's time for Quincey to sit, he was awful tonight

i was very wrong, I thought it was playoff round 0 for Red Wings. It turns out to be start of a golf season instead.

Have fan wings, you very well deserve it.

Edited by ami

He's helping us lose I want to win. Injury or not

Helping us lose? How bias are you? Hes still their top 6 forward, captain, leader in assists and second in points who plays day in and day out.. No one else is even close to him and Pasha in terms of point production and you think he's helping them lose? How unappreciative of a redwing "fan" are you? Don't hate the player kid, hate the game. And in case you didnt know, no one else besides Pasha and Zetterberg is considered a top 6 forward on that team. ( franzen as of late has been doing good) Without Zetterberg you lower your chances to win a game. Who will you replace with him? Jordin Tootoo? Seriously think before you post ridiculous comments. The wings barely have any talent left as it is and this guy wants them to demote Zetterberg to fourth line, how old are you like 12 man?

Edited by kickazz

Lol, wow, serious? Jimmy has done this all season, don't you get it, our defense and goaltending aside is not the problem aside from this game. Jimmy has been keeping us in playoff contention all year, and all every one can do is s*** on the guy, ya he had a bad game, and it happens, but guess what he has bailed us out in 90% of the games we played this year, we just can't seem to score more then two goals, that's our problem

Guest The Axe

We cannot score. When will people understand this. 12 Dekeysers and 4 Howards on the ice, and we still CANNOT SCORE. Either we add 2 snipers in the off season and dump our garbage (white, Colo, Bert, Sammy, filppula, cleary) or we watch low scoring one goal losses for a while. Its not rocket science.