• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#421 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Another goalie who thinks he knows how to handle pucks.

I'm not a goalie, just observant of how he plays

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#422 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

But he doesn't have to s*** on this team in such an important game.  

Every game lately has been important. And he's been great in all of them. Allowing 3 goals is hardly s***ting on your team. Sooner or later this offense will have to bail Howie out in a game. That's happened like once this season that I can recall. Scoring 1-2 goals per game isn't good enough.

#423 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Wow what a joke of an effort when the season is hanging in the balance. Although I will keep up hope the very end, I am really kind of hoping they end up not making it because such a finish will almost FORCE Holland to make some moves ( ;) ) and get rid of the dead weight. 

Nah.

Holland will sign some washed up trash in the offseason, and be afraid to "overpay" for anyone else.  

This team won't look much different next year, except we'll be a little younger with Cleary and Bertuzzi gone, and replaced by GR players.

But there still won't be any sniper or big, physical forwards here.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 17 April 2013 - 11:23 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#424 nipper

nipper

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sport's announcer"s keep saying game after game it seems that the wing's are struggling to find the back of the net. I think they need to look at that statement. Tonight is a good example. The Flames has a great goalie and he stopped many shot's on goal. Made some awesome plays unlike our goalie. Even if we make it to the playoffs we don't stand a chance with Howard !!!!!!!! 

#425 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

How many finishers do the Red Wings have?

#426 themcityblues

themcityblues

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Who thinks Babcock will take any responsibility for the team's loss?  Or will he just say, "I think we played good tonight, puck didn't go our way but that's hockey, we just have to forget about tonight and get ready to play the next game."

I'm so bored of that sequence.

#427 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Sorry but this one is on Howie ... 2 brain farts ... how could you mishandle that after the 1st blunder!

#428 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Jimmy's allowed to have a s***ty game.  Some of our players have had a s***ty entire (half) season.  Blaming Jimmy?  Really?  This board...sometimes I feel like I'm being trolled hard.  I'm just gonna...go over here...

tumblr_m5xutcpAdm1qcmt9d.gif

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#429 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

That one is on Jimmy, period. He has been great but I do wonder what happens to the smug "Jimmy is average /sarcasm" crowd when he takes the s*** he took tonight.

This team is playing pretty pitiful top to bottom considering the position they are in.

#430 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Sport's announcer"s keep saying game after game it seems that the wing's are struggling to find the back of the net. I think they need to look at that statement. Tonight is a good example. The Flames has a great goalie and he stopped many shot's on goal. Made some awesome plays unlike our goalie. Even if we make it to the playoffs we don't stand a chance with Howard !!!!!!!! 

Stop it.  Just stop it.

#431 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Sport's announcer"s keep saying game after game it seems that the wing's are struggling to find the back of the net. 

We found the back of our own net just fine ... 2x.  

#432 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Dats has missed the net more this year than his entire career.

#433 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Every game lately has been important. And he's been great in all of them. Allowing 3 goals is hardly s***ting on your team. Sooner or later this offense will have to bail Howie out in a game. That's happened like once this season that I can recall. Scoring 1-2 goals per game isn't good enough.

It's not how many goals he allowed, it's how he allowed them.

Make the other team beat you.  Don't give them the game.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#434 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 4,983 posts

How many finishers do the Red Wings have?

None. Haven't had one since Hossa left.

#435 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Howard's stats for the season are fine. Even now, with this mediocrity on front of him. We need to score more than twice to win.

This team just never seems to seize their chances to improve in the standings. Unfortunately at some point they will have to win one more game tham Columbus.

Still five games though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#436 bardownginos

bardownginos

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Jimmy's allowed to have a s***ty game.  Some of our players have had a s***ty entire (half) season.  Blaming Jimmy?  Really?  This board...sometimes I feel like I'm being trolled hard.  I'm just gonna...go over here...

Your franchise goalie is absolutely not allowed to have a s***ty game when the playoffs are on the line. That's why he is your franchise goalie and why you pay him what you do.

#437 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sure he is allowed a s***tty game once in a while BUT we don't have a whole lot more games to throw down the toilet.  

Sure the team all changed at once on that third goal but he should have handled the puck and bat it to center field.  

Edited by RedWingsRox, 17 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#438 bardownginos

bardownginos

Prospect

• 39 posts

Everyone is talking about scoring goals tonight. 2 goals should beat a team when they only put 17 shots on net and have one PP opportunity.

#439 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

tumblr_m5xutcpAdm1qcmt9d.gif

Just calling it what it is. When Jimmy is great, we call him great. Tonight folded like a lawn chair.

#440 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

There was a lot of open netting for us to shoot into tonight and we never found it!