• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

4/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Flames 3

Rate this topic

We cannot score. When will people understand this. 12 Dekeysers and 4 Howards on the ice, and we still CANNOT SCORE. Either we add 2 snipers in the off season and dump our garbage (white, Colo, Bert, Sammy, filppula, cleary) or we watch low scoring one goal losses for a while. Its not rocket science.

Mods, please take this statement and pin it at the top of the forums.

There is way too much truth in this statement.

He's getting up there in age, no doubt, but if the rest of our guys had the heart of Cleary, we'd be in first place right now.

Just curious why do you think Cleary is competing so hard? It seems like the moment he has pressure on him he just throws the puck. Whenever he has the puck it's a turnover. But we all watch the game differently so just want to see your reasoning.

We cannot score. When will people understand this. 12 Dekeysers and 4 Howards on the ice, and we still CANNOT SCORE. Either we add 2 snipers in the off season and dump our garbage (white, Colo, Bert, Sammy, filppula, cleary) or we watch low scoring one goal losses for a while. Its not rocket science.

I don't often agree with most of your posts axe, but this is spot on!

I don't know what you're talking about man. Babs just said that Abby is a 20 goal guy IF this were a full season. And obviously we'd score loads of goals IF Franzen brought it every night and IF Sammy and Bert weren't hurt, and IF Filppula would shoot more.

Doncha see? We're not a low scoring team, we're a dynamic powerhouse offense who has somehow earned the wrath of the gods through no fault of our own. Probably by being so bad*ss for so long, if I had to guess.

Long story short, no need for scorers, we've just got to "compete harder" and "want it" more than the other guys. WE'VE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO, WE'VE GOT SPIRIT HOW BOUT YOU?!?!

I don't know what you're talking about man. Babs just said that Abby is a 20 goal guy IF this were a full season. And obviously we'd score loads of goals IF Franzen brought it every night and IF Sammy and Bert weren't hurt, and IF Filppula would shoot more.

Doncha see? We're not a low scoring team, we're a dynamic powerhouse offense who has somehow earned the wrath of the gods through no fault of our own. Probably by being so bad*ss for so long, if I had to guess.

Long story short, no need for scorers, we've just got to "compete harder" and "want it" more than the other guys. WE'VE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO, WE'VE GOT SPIRIT HOW BOUT YOU?!?!

Lol, that reminds me of when people a couple years ago were saying (with pure sincerity) "we need more goal scorers? f*** you. Dan Cleary scored 26 goals this year! We don't need more scoring!"

Wings made kipper look good they couldn't raise the puck or put it anywhere besides the middle of the net. We should have took the game too them we got outplayed for a large portion of the game which is unacceptable. Teams playing for their lives would have found a way to win even with the flakey goals

Def: "INSANITY"- Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

This team, this coach and this general manager can give lessons on how to fulfill this definition. But mostly, it's on Babcock and Holland. Until there's some real wave-making; some reality checks; some courageous, gutsy decisions about who plays and who doesn't play because of lack of effort, this definition will hold for the Detroit Red Wings.

Def: "INSANITY"- Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

This team, this coach and this general manager can give lessons on how to fulfill this definition. But mostly, it's on Babcock and Holland. Until there's some real wave-making; some reality checks; some courageous, gutsy decisions about who plays and who doesn't play because of lack of effort, this definition will hold for the Detroit Red Wings.

In their last game against Columbus, San Jose benched Joe Thornton for the entire third period because he was playing like garbage. Joe Thornton. I can't even imagine what it would be like to see our team bench anything for playing like s***. And obviously I don't mean Eaves, Kindl, Smith, Tootoo etc. etc. etc. Pretty easy to scapegoat those guys and bench them, takes a little more guts to do it with your high end talent.

In their last game against Columbus, San Jose benched Joe Thornton for the entire third period because he was playing like garbage. Joe Thornton. I can't even imagine what it would be like to see our team bench anything for playing like s***. And obviously I don't mean Eaves, Kindl, Smith, Tootoo etc. etc. etc. Pretty easy to scapegoat those guys and bench them, takes a little more guts to do it with your high end talent.

Of course, for that to even be considered in the first place, Babcock would have to acknowledge that there's a problem. Exhibit A:

"The Mule's been scoring goals," Babcock said. "I think Mule's been good. We played him at center, we played him at wing, changed lines. I thought him and (Valtteri Filppula) in Chicago, with (Daniel Cleary), were our best line."

Edited by Zetts

Of course, for that to even be considered in the first place, Babcock would have to acknowledge that there's a problem. Exhibit A:

Yeah, obviously not a lot of accountability around here. Everybody in the organization is making excuses. Unless we lay a complete egg like the first game or the game against Chicago, where everyone is awful, there's never any effort to make guys pay for their half assed play. Mind you I don't want a Tortorella that demotes guys every other day, but some sort of accountability some of the time might go a long way on this team.

I think it was Harold that said last night, if you started benching guys who passed when they should have shot, you might drive the point home (to the whole team) that you want shots and not dipsy doodle passes.

Look at this roster and the reality is: this is a very bad Detroit Red Wings edition Babcock can only work with the players he has. Although I am still pissed at sending Tatar down, the guy wokred so hard and did compete harder than a lot of our so called "veterans".

Sadly there aren't going to be a lot of top UFAs this year and so there is no easy fix for this mess. If Holland moves up, buy out Stevie from the Bolts and get him in asap I think he could get this ship back on track.