• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#441 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

5 seconds of watching the Ducks and I realize what Detroit doesn't have. I haven't seen good man-on-man defense in Detroit all season.

And the Jackets just scored...

s***ty announcers?

The wings lost because of Kipper, not Howard. First of all, if kipper wasn't spectacular all game, those goals wouldn't have had as much of an affect on the outcome. Secondly, its not like howard could have done anything on the first bad goal. The second one was more his fault, but it has to be unbelievably hard to judge when the puck will get into the trapezoid AND when the player will get there all by just eyeballing. It was his fault, but he DESERVES to be cut some slack.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season. Their defensemen have been surprisingly good after losing the best defensemen of all time. And explain how Detroit has allowed 2 goals or less practically every game over the last 2 months

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#442 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Why did Brunner change on the second goal? Who else did he think was going to help Jimmy retrieve that puck?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#443 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

I just feel really bad for Dan Cleary.

This could be his last chance to win another Cup, and his teammates and Howard let him down.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#444 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Sport's announcer"s keep saying game after game it seems that the wing's are struggling to find the back of the net. I think they need to look at that statement. Tonight is a good example. The Flames has a great goalie and he stopped many shot's on goal. Made some awesome plays unlike our goalie. Even if we make it to the playoffs we don't stand a chance with Howard !!!!!!!! 

How are those two statements related? 

If we aren't scoring, then when we win games it is because of Howard! We don't stand a chance with our current goal production. In the history of goaltending in the NHL there have been no more than 10 goals scored by goalies, so don't expect Howard to get a shutout every game. It's not possible, and all three goals tonight were because of bad puck luck. He made bad plays yes, but he also had bad luck. Wings need to score more than 2 goals a game if they're going to get into the playoffs, plain and simple. No other goalie in the world is going to be able to win more than Howard has if the team doesn't score more than 2 goals. 

#445 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Your franchise goalie is absolutely not allowed to have a s***ty game when the playoffs are on the line. That's why he is your franchise goalie and why you pay him what you do.

Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. There is an entire team in front of Jimmy that has underperformed and hung him out to dry time and time again. They are responsible for this season. This is one game. Granted, it comes at a clutch time, but that wouldn't be the case if this TEAM hadn't backed themselves into a corner.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#446 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Jimmy's allowed to have a s***ty game.  Some of our players have had a s***ty entire (half) season.  Blaming Jimmy?  Really?  This board...sometimes I feel like I'm being trolled hard.  I'm just gonna...go over here...

tumblr_m5xutcpAdm1qcmt9d.gif

Wow that GIF is incredibly lame.

#447 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

s***ty announcers?

The wings lost because of Kipper, not Howard. First of all, if kipper wasn't spectacular all game, those goals wouldn't have had as much of an affect on the outcome. Secondly, its not like howard could have done anything on the first bad goal. The second one was more his fault, but it has to be unbelievably hard to judge when the puck will get into the trapezoid AND when the player will get there all by just eyeballing. It was his fault, but he DESERVES to be cut some slack.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season. Their defensemen have been surprisingly good after losing the best defensemen of all time. And explain how Detroit has allowed 2 goals or less practically every game over the last 2 months

He wasn't spectacular.

He was laying on the goal line for many of those saves, and the Wings crappy shooters couldn't elevate the puck.  The Kindl save he had no screen in front of him.  

He did make a few great saves, but the blame should go on the Wings more than anything.  There's a reason we're in the bottom half of the league in goals scored.  We make every goalie look good.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 17 April 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#448 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Nah.

Holland will sign some washed up trash in the offseason, and be afraid to "overpay" for anyone else.  

This team won't look much different next year, except we'll be a little younger with Cleary and Bertuzzi gone, and replaced by GR players.

But there still won't be any sniper or big, physical forwards here.  

Oh I know that's why I put the emoticon within the post

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#449 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

This could be his last chance to win another Cup, and his teammates and Howard let him down.

:colgate: +1 for your wittyness

#450 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Was it Jimmy Howard that failed to capitalize on all of those scoring chances?

Did Jimmy Howard have a TERRIBLE line change on that PP that left no one behind the goal line except Jimmy, Steve Begin, and the trapezoid?

Did Jimmy Howard throw the puck into his feet from Big E's stick?

It is not Jimmy Howard's fault the Red Wings lack a legitimate scoring threat.

#451 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Dats has missed the net more this year than his entire career.

At least tonight, Dats missing the net is a good point as well. 

I agree with the consensus, Howie lost this one for us tonight, but lest we not forget Dats had a couple great chances as well tonight where he just straight up missed the net.

#452 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

At least tonight, Dats missing the net is a good point as well. 

I agree with the consensus, Howie lost this one for us tonight, but lest we not forget Dats had a couple great chances as well tonight where he just straight up missed the net.

Already dreaming of Mother Russia no doubt.  

Getting him back should be priority number one.  Even ahead of firing Holland.  

#453 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

We're outshooting them 36-17...  I really don't think that's the problem.

I'm talking about their overall play in this shortened season.  it is a consistent, STUPID, fixable problem  They pass too much, period.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#454 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Ducks PP

3:23 to go 3rd period

#455 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

CBJ to the powerplay in the last 2 minutes...willing to bet my bank account that they score and jump the Wings into 8th place.

#456 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Dan Cleary is the worst player on the Red Wings

Edited by ben_usmc, 17 April 2013 - 11:35 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#457 bardownginos

bardownginos

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

My god. Kronwall is a -2 tonight. When is going to held accountable for his play?

#458 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Was it Jimmy Howard that failed to capitalize on all of those scoring chances?

Did Jimmy Howard have a TERRIBLE line change on that PP that left no one behind the goal line except Jimmy, Steve Begin, and the trapezoid?

Did Jimmy Howard throw the puck into his feet from Big E's stick?

It is not Jimmy Howard's fault the Red Wings lack a legitimate scoring threat.

Did Jimmy Howard forget to drink his coffee and look extremely slow and disinterested on both goals? You're in a playoff race. You have to be on your toes, never taking your eyes off the puck, thinking at 100 mph about the next play. Not waddling around behind the net like a baby penguin expecting something to happen.

#459 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Dan Cleary is the worst player on the Red Wings

He's getting up there in age, no doubt, but if the rest of our guys had the heart of Cleary, we'd be in first place right now.

#460 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

cbus goes to OT