• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bardownginos

The Race for Eight: Blue Jackets, Stars, Wings

Rate this topic

Isn't the same true for every team playing us though? They all know we're still in the hunt.

i totally concur kipwinger, what everybody forgets is that most teams woud love to drag us with them to the bottomless pit and end our streak nashville or dallas wont just give in even if both have no china mens chance in hell so these next 2 our cruticial

Edited by sjr2012

i totally concur kipwinger, what everybody forgets is that most teams woud love to drag us with them to the bottomless pit and end our streak nashville or dallas wont just give in even if both have no china mens chance in hell so these next 2 our cruticial

What does China have to do with this?

Anyhow, I agree, I can see all three games being the hardest ones of the year to win...Nashville spoiled our playoff party last season and even with them not even making the playoffs, they could spoil it for us again by beating us and losing to Columbus...

boy you know the scary thing? Bowemesster will do something he hasnt done............i hope its not a bad omen remember last time we played them and it showed Bowemeester and Datsyuk stats? Dats never missed a postseason Bowemeester never made it...yikes

boy you know the scary thing? Bowemesster will do something he hasnt done............i hope its not a bad omen remember last time we played them and it showed Bowemeester and Datsyuk stats? Dats never missed a postseason Bowemeester never made it...yikes

I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but if Bouwmeester had a season ending injury in the final couple games of the regular season it would be hard not to laugh.

i hope we end it tommorrow but i have no faith in dal beating columbus i dont even have faith in nashville sat it might just be us having to take both

With a win tomorrow Dallas still has a chance to make the playoffs (if the Wings lose) so while they are both playing, Dallas will be playing for their playoff lives (as will Columbus) but I think Dallas will prevail because if Dallas loses then they pretty much are out especially with a Wings win....and if the Wings take care of Nashville again, we get a one game breather....

Edited by LeftWinger

Best thing to do is win both games and we are in. Easier said than done yes.

Minnesota still has a chance at the 8th seed right or not making it?

If Detroit and Columbus both win out, and Minnesota loses out, then the Wild would miss the playoffs. Detroit would be the 7th spot at 56 points, Columbus 8th at 55, and Minnesota out at 53. That said, their final 2 games are vs. Edmonton (home) and then at Colorado, so losing out doesn't look too probable for them...

If Detroit and Columbus both win out, and Minnesota loses out, then the Wild would miss the playoffs. Detroit would be the 7th spot at 56 points, Columbus 8th at 55, and Minnesota out at 53. That said, their final 2 games are vs. Edmonton (home) and then at Colorado, so losing out doesn't look too probable for them...

Edmonton is just so bad I don't see them really being a problem for such a desperate team...you never know though. I'm far more concerned with Columbus, and the possibilities tomorrow. If Columbus can lose in regulation, and Detroit wins, well clinch a playoff spot.

Edmonton is just so bad I don't see them really being a problem for such a desperate team...you never know though. I'm far more concerned with Columbus, and the possibilities tomorrow. If Columbus can lose in regulation, and Detroit wins, well clinch a playoff spot.

This needs to happen so I don't have a heart attack on Saturday.

It's actually not even that. If Dallas wins in regulation vs. Columbus, then Detroit would only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot. A Stars win in regulation would mean Columbus could finish no higher than 53 points, and the Stars could finish no higher than 52. Detroit's already at 52, so they would only need the one point to ensure no less than a tie with CBJ, which defaults to Detroit due to the ROW tiebreaker.

Detroit and St. Louis will both have 22 ROW - tie

Head to Head they have played 5 times, according the NHL rules your throwout the first game (Detroit Loss) and then sort by record of the remaining four games..... 2-2. tie...

Can't get 6th. It's not the first game, it's the first game in the city that had the extra home game. In this case, we did, so you throw out our 5-3 win.

With our ROW tonight, Columbus now can not beat us in a tiebreaker. So if we beat Nashville and Columbus loses, we are in. If the Jackets lose in regulation, Minny is also in. Regardless of what Columbus does, 3 points in our last two games puts us in.

Also with our win tonight, Phoenix is officially eliminated. We basically ended their season 3 of the last 4 years.

Dallas is virtually out, and the biggest Nashville fans in the world at this point. They need to beat Columbus, then beat us in regulation, and they need Nashville to beat us in regulation, then beat Columbus. Either they or Nashville need to beat Columbus in regulation.

It's actually not even that. If Dallas wins in regulation vs. Columbus, then Detroit would only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot. A Stars win in regulation would mean Columbus could finish no higher than 53 points, and the Stars could finish no higher than 52. Detroit's already at 52, so they would only need the one point to ensure no less than a tie with CBJ, which defaults to Detroit due to the ROW tiebreaker.

I like that!

Guest Crymson

Some of the tie breakers past ROW bother me. There really should be a special tie breaker game played, not whatever team has a better goal differential or some bs.

The schedule does not allow for an extra game. No major sports league on the planet does this.

Edited by Crymson