• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bardownginos

The Race for Eight: Blue Jackets, Stars, Wings

Rate this topic

It's actually not even that. If Dallas wins in regulation vs. Columbus, then Detroit would only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot. A Stars win in regulation would mean Columbus could finish no higher than 53 points, and the Stars could finish no higher than 52. Detroit's already at 52, so they would only need the one point to ensure no less than a tie with CBJ, which defaults to Detroit due to the ROW tiebreaker.

If the Wings could play like they did the last two games tonight against Nashville and Rinne, they could clinch. That sure would bring my blood pressure down heading into the weekend.

Minnesota isn't uncatchable either, easier schedule to end the season, but crazier things have happened than the Wild losing to Edmonton at home and then at Colorado the next day.

Either way, Wings win and they don't have to worry about what anyone else is doing.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I still can't get over that awesome pass by Ericsson on Datsyuk's goal. Where did he pull this from? :lol: BTW, I still think we can knock the Hawks off. :blind:

It's actually not even that. If Dallas wins in regulation vs. Columbus, then Detroit would only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot. A Stars win in regulation would mean Columbus could finish no higher than 53 points, and the Stars could finish no higher than 52. Detroit's already at 52, so they would only need the one point to ensure no less than a tie with CBJ, which defaults to Detroit due to the ROW tiebreaker.

Well said, it's so refreshing to see someone who knows the proper usages of then and than. :thumbup:

esteef

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

The schedule does not allow for an extra game. No major sports league on the planet does this.

WRONG

the MLB does this

No, baseball is not a sport.

nolan-ryan-headlock-o.gif

In hockey, those are called rabbit punches.

Wouldn't even be considered a halfway decent fight.

In any case, back to the thread, I think Columbus and Minnesota will win out. Once again, it'll come down to the Wings to take care of their own business. No one is going to do us any favors.

Guest irishock

Lol Christ, this fight > 80% of NHL fake tough hugging matches

In any case, back to the thread, I think Columbus and Minnesota will win out. Once again, it'll come down to the Wings to take care of their own business. No one is going to do us any favors.

Lol Christ, this fight > 80% of NHL fake tough hugging matches

This is not a thread about fighting in the NHL, the MLB, or anything other than locking up that 8th spot and who's going to do it.

I totally disagree here. Columbus is playing the best hockey in our division right now. They have won the last 5 in a row, 3 of which they came from behind. Bobbrovski has been unreal.....second in the league in save percentage at .931. They were in 13th spot before the trade deadline and they have played hard, physical hockey and deserve to be where they are. We have a game in hand but the last 5 games they have NOT been playing the oilers....they have consecutive wins against SJ, St. Louis! Minny, Col and Anaheim last night. Everyone on that team is contributing and they frighten me. Detroit needs to take a page out of that book....never say die, never give up and keep it SIMPLE! Let's hope we can do that

Well, here we are.....

The way we have played the last 5 games, we deserve a playoff berth but anyone that has watched Columbus has to give cudos where due. They have been amazing. If I got to pick the scenario, I would hope that Minnie looses their last 2 and both C Bus and Detroit make it. Its completely unlikely but it would feel like karma b3tchslapped those overpaid weasals on the Wild.

I think we make the playoffs. We have played with a lot of heart, character, composure and determination. We need one point.....I want the win- I want the team to clinch on their own if possible. If we play the way we have down the stretch its a no brainer.....and all of our finger nails can grow back!!!!

Good luck BOYS!!!

Edited by Motown4013

Columbus and Detroit deserve the 7th and 8th. Minny has been trending down but not likely that they will lose 2. But you never know, if they lose the 1st one, the pressure might get to them.

Columbus, Det, Minny already in playoff mode.

Edited by RedWingsRox