Is that supposed to be encouraging?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#62 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

I think we have to edit the OP title to DET, Columbus, Dallas and Minny in the playoff race. The Wild are in a downward spiral. The have won only 3 regulation games and 1 OT in the last 10. They laid a shard against Calgary yesterday ( hey, it happens to alot of teams!) but they are also a factor here. The sit tied in points with CBJ at 51, DET and Dallas with 48.

We are in a advantageous situation with GP having 4 games left, while Columbus only has 2. The rest have 3 to play. Minny has the easiest schedue BUT, in a slide...no games are easy, especially against opponents you KNOW you shoud beat....EDM and Colorado is how they finish the year.

I think we still make the playoffs but to be confident, we need the next 3 of 4. Playing PHX, LA, Nashville and Dallas...its totally possible. We need two tonight in regulation to start this homestand.

Even though we are 3-4-3 in the last, I think we played great hockey in Vancouver and hopefully can match that type of intensity in the against the whiney dogs tonight.

GO WINGS GO!!!

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#63 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

I look at it like this...if we play hard and win 4 or 5 games I am thrilled..... Dont want to limp in an extend the streak do to other teams collapse. Lets earn it boys and extend the streak with bluecollar effort and intensity.

#64 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I think 5 points out of 8 will do it (hopefully).

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#65 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

We need points

IPB Image

#66 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Yeah minny is in all of this too, they are takning right now. But the wings just need to win these 4 games and they are most likely in. Dallas or minny will fall out i think if that occurs. If dallas can beat columbus that woudl be a huge boost to the wings who have to beat dallas too.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#67 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm pretty sure we all have our opinions about what this team is made of, who are the stand-outs, who are the cast-offs.

This week will show the true make-up of this team. 

Play hard -- every game, every shift. Win and you're in.

Take a shift off, or a game for granted, and you've settled for allowing other teams to determine your playoff destiny.

Hoping it's the former and not the latter.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#68 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

If we dont win 3 of the next 4, we dont deserve it. And even if we were to make it, we'd get laid waste to by chicago, which may happen anyway. Not that I think CHI is that much better where theyd sweep us, but if we dont show up well get murdered.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#69 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

if we lose tonight were done  stick a fork in us ... MAJOR game for us tonight dont wanna lose tonight and hope for columbus and dallas to lose next game and pray we beat l.a on wednesday ... we lose tonight seasons over

#70 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

If we dont win 3 of the next 4, we dont deserve it. And even if we were to make it, we'd get laid waste to by chicago, which may happen anyway. Not that I think CHI is that much better where theyd sweep us, but if we dont show up well get murdered.

The way we've been playing...I don't trust us to take a single game against any team in the league in a best-of-seven.

Edited by Dabura, 22 April 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#71 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

WIN.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#72 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

The way we've been playinG...I don't trust us to take a single game against any team in the league in a best-of-seven.

Thats probably a little harsh. Actually really harsh. Were not playing bad, we just cant score (Not scoring does not mean playing bad btw). We outshot Van by 30 and lost in a shootout which luckily we dont have to worry about in the playoffs. You could def say we couldnt win a series which i wouldnt argue, but we would win a single game for sure no matter who we play.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#73 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Thats probably a little harsh. Actually really harsh. Were not playing bad, we just cant score (Not scoring does not mean playing bad btw). We outshot Van by 30 and lost in a shootout which luckily we dont have to worry about in the playoffs. You could def say we couldnt win a series which i wouldnt argue, but we would win a single game for sure no matter who we play.

We are sucking. I wouldn't bet money on a single win. Do I think we could give, I dunno the Avs a run for their money? Yes. Do I think we could maybe steal a couple against Chicago? Maybe. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#74 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

This team could win a series against any of the western teams except for maybe Chicago. Minny and Columbus scare me only because of their Cinderella stories, but really even they don't scare me much.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#75 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

So I realize it's all doom and gloom around here right now. But, I think we should keep the faith. Here is how the schedule plays out for the Stars, Wings, and Jackets.

Columbus Blue Jackets: 

4/18 @ LA

4/21 @ San Jose

4/25 @ Dallas

4/27 Nashville

So yes, they are ahead of us right now, but they have less games remaining and play on the road three times. The game against Dallas will be HUGE. Hopefully LA and San Jose do us a favor. With how well they are playing, I could see them taking six out of eight. Hopefully they drop SJ and LA and Nashville can beat them or hold them to a point. All bets are off against Dallas. 

Dallas Stars:

4/18 @ Vancouver

4/19 @ St. Louis

4/21 @ Los Angeles

4/23 @ San Jose

4/25 Columbus

4/27 Detroit 

Three games on the road in a row then finishing off the season with Columbus and Detroit. I expect them to lose AT LEAST two (and that's being generous) and hopefully not getting a three point game out of Columbus. I honestly don't think they will get more than five points from their remaining six games. With Dallas having the ROW advantage, lets hope they beat Columbus.

Detroit Red Wings:

4/20 @ Vancouver

4/22 Phoenix

4/24 Los Angeles

4/25 Nashville

4/27 @ Dallas 

Well. Two points out. Five games remaining. Luckily we play three at home. We can get six out of ten points (beating Phoenix, Nashville, and Dallas). So the focus should be to try taking two of the games to overtime. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's the breakdown. Columbus is up two points with a game in hand, but Detroit has the advantage in ROW. In a dream scenario. We need to Put ourselves in a position where it is us vs Columbus for the eight spot. We DO NOT want to have to play in Dallas with the playoffs online. So, if Columbus can get it done against them, then ideally, we would play them the next night when they are already knocked out of the playoffs and we would have already secured (probably level on points with CBJ but ahead on ROW) or we would need a point or win to get in against a deflated team.

I still think we should keep the faith, but I'm not saying we are getting in. 

Thanks for putting this together, bardownginos .  I also think the Wings have a good chance to pull it off.  There's NO reason why they can't do it.  Even without Tatar in the line up.   :glare:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#76 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

The Wild are in a downward spiral. The have won only 3 regulation games and 1 OT in the last 10.

The Wings are doing worse, having won only 2 regulation games and 1 OT in the last 11.

#77 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

We are sucking. I wouldn't bet money on a single win. Do I think we could give, I dunno the Avs a run for their money? Yes. Do I think we could maybe steal a couple against Chicago? Maybe. But I wouldn't bet on it.

I cannot help but wonder why you're here then.  I'm past the point where I get pissed at these kinds of posts because there's nuthin' I can do about your attitude(s).   But I cannot help but be bewildered about why you repeat your frustrations and negs over and over and over.  You're not alone at this, but come on!  Why do any of you bother showing up?  Why get yourself all het up again?  (And some of us, too.)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#78 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

I look at it like this...if we play hard and win 4 or 5 games I am thrilled..... Dont want to limp in an extend the streak do to other teams collapse. Lets earn it boys and extend the streak with bluecollar effort and intensity.

If they play hard and win 4 or 5 games (having only 4 games left).....they would pull off a record which will likely never be matched :lol:

#79 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

I cannot help but wonder why you're here then.  I'm past the point where I get pissed at these kinds of posts because there's nuthin' I can do about your attitude(s).   But I cannot help but be bewildered about why you repeat your frustrations and negs over and over and over.  You're not alone at this, but come on!  Why do any of you bother showing up?  Why get yourself all het up again?  (And some of us, too.)

Because I'm a Wings fan?

You're a parent. I dunno if you really are or not. (I'm not.) But, you're a parent. And you've got a kid. And this kid, well, he f***s up. A lot. And he's in deep. And some days, you catch yourself wishing he was never born.

But, at the end of the day, he's your kid. And you stand by him.

Doesn't mean you have to like his s***, though.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#80 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

If they play hard and win 4 or 5 games (having only 4 games left).....they would pull off a record which will likely never be matched :lol:

I saw my mistake but was too lazy to edit....but the way this season has gone I'm not ruling out that anything can happen, even the impossible:)