• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bardownginos

The Race for Eight: Blue Jackets, Stars, Wings

Rate this topic

Good call, they make mistakes so they obviously don't care. That's rock solid logic.

On that play with Howard and Brunner, both made mistakes. But there're mistakes and mistakes. if you don't understand the difference I cannot do much about it.

Edited by ami

I don't see why it has to be one or the other, they care or they don't. Why not just "They don't care enough"? I think that's pretty fitting. Look at what the Stars and Jackets and Flames are doing. Are they better than us? Are they deeper? More talented?

Have we played a legitimate three-period, 60-minute game once this season?

I don't see why it has to be one or the other, they care or they don't. Why not just "They don't care enough"? I think that's pretty fitting. Look at what the Stars and Jackets and Flames are doing. Are they better than us? Are they deeper? More talented?

We're not a very good team. Most nights we're going to play teams that are better than we are, and because they're better it's going to make it harder for us to execute...and hence...lots of bad games.

Part of the reason why these guys are professional athletes is because they're SO COMPETITIVE that they're willing to put the time, effort, hard work, and sacrifice into making themselves pro-level athletes. If you don't care whether you succeed or not, win or lose, you don't becomw a professional athlete. You join the band.

Real life is not a movie. The "Miracle on Ice" wasn't a miracle. That team worked hard, prepared, learned from mistakes in their previous game, and executed their game plan properly. That's why they won. Not because the Russians didn't care, or some other silly b.s.

Edited by kipwinger

On that play with Howard and Brunner, both made mistakes. But there're mistakes and mistakes. if you don't understand the difference I cannot do much about it.

Mistakes =/= Lack of Care

It is simply your own speculation. All because someone makes a mistake in life, you can't automatically assume they don't care. In your theory, if I miss a pokecheck, or miss my man coverage it means I simply don't care. That's completely wrong. I can make a simple mistake, and I can care. You notice when people make mistakes they usually cringe or get mad at themselves. You can see the emotion displayed by individuals when they make mistakes. They display those emotions because they care. It would be silly to say otherwise.

What if our team makes some of their mistakes because they care too much? Because they're too uptight, trying to make up for their lack of organization, or team play, or somebody else's mistake? What if they're playing more like individuals because of this? Is that not a possibility?

Really disagree with the notion that mistakes are caused by lack of caring, I'm doubting that any player on the Wings wants this team to lose.

I may have questions on some player's "compete" and "skill" levels, but level of care concerning winning and losing... that I have no questions about.

I do have questions on why our coach doesn't question or challenge some player's "compete" levels by benching players accordingly.

Edited by e_prime

Mistakes =/= Lack of Care

It is simply your own speculation. All because someone makes a mistake in life, you can't automatically assume they don't care. In your theory, if I miss a pokecheck, or miss my man coverage it means I simply don't care. That's completely wrong. I can make a simple mistake, and I can care. You notice when people make mistakes they usually cringe or get mad at themselves. You can see the emotion displayed by individuals when they make mistakes. They display those emotions because they care. It would be silly to say otherwise.

wow. that is really taking it to perspective...

kipwinger meant all pro athletes, you - all human beings.

hold on a sec. we were talking about red wings, who are pro athletes, managers etc. We were not talking about mistakes in life, but rather in plays or/and other action more or less relative to the game of hockey.

I didn't say, that all mistakes are due to lack of care, but some are for sure.

and because you meant all humans being, let me ask you a question. do you always trust emotions people display? or you rather judge what they do or don't do?

and yes, lack of care is exactly what we are observing. i made this conclusion based on unusually large number of mistakes in crusial moments of play. what else could it be?

I assume this was directed at the poster I was responding to and not me?

I definitely agree with this to an extent - motivation is played up too much. But it does have a significant role at times (as was alluded to, Kostitsyn's line change comes to mind).

Yeah sorry for the confusion. lol

There have been times tonight when this team has attacked and skated hard throughout the entire play where they looked like the Yzerman Red wings circa-2002. And there have been times where they look absolutely clueless.

But tonight's game has been nearly as complete a game as they have played all year long. Too bad it took them being up against a wall to get it out of them.

Update:

Minnesota added to the mix. Here's how it shapes up with three games remaining.

Minnesota Wild: 51

4/23 Los Angeles

4/26 Edmonton

4/27 @Colorado

Columbus Blue Jackets: 51

4/25 @ Dallas

4/27 Nashville

Dallas Stars: 48

4/23 @ San Jose

4/25 Columbus

4/27 Detroit

Detroit Red Wings: 50

4/24 Los Angeles

4/25 Nashville

4/27 @ Dallas

Standings:

1. Chicago - 73 (clinched playoff spot)

2. Anaheim - 64 (clinched playoff spot)

3. Vancouver - 59 (clinched playoff spot)

4. Los Angeles - 57 (clinched playoff spot)

5. San Jose - 55

6. St. Louis - 54

7. Minnesota - 51 (24-18-3, ROW 20)

8. Columbus - 51 (22-17-7, ROW 17)

9. Detroit - 50 (21-16-8, ROW 19)

10. Dallas - 48 (22-19-4, ROW 20)

Edited by bardownginos

Okay getting this straight in my head

4/23 Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Stars

4/27 Go Wings

Go Preds

Been a long time where I have had to root for others to help my Wings. Oh well sometimes change is good.

No I think it needs to be

4/23 Go Kings

Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Blue jackets

4/26 Go Edmonton

4/27 Go Wings

Go Avs

Go Preds

We get 7th, CBJ (from Ohio and like their chances of beating on Chi as they have all season with a maybe upset) at 8th. We may get a round or two.

Under this scenario I see (read as wish on shooting stars last night)

Round 1 West Only

1. Chicago beat by CBJ in 6

2. Anaheim beat by Det in 6

3. Vancouver beats Stl in 7

4. Los Angeles beat by SJ in 6

Round 2

Van beats CBJ in 7

SJ beat by Det in 6

Round 3

Van beat by Det in 6

SCF

Det beats the ever loving snot, pee, and any other bodily substance imaginable out of Pitt in 4 with TooToo administering the Coupe D'Grace on #87 as Bettman stands helplessly by. And while Datsuyk is handed the Conn Smythe he hands it immediately to TooToo for his heroics as McCarty beams from behind the Det bench. Also Bert gets his first skate with the Cup.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

I'd love to see Minny lose out and miss the playoffs.

That makes two of us. Surrounded by Wild fans where I live. For years I had to listen to Wild fans complain about how the Wings are just like the Yankees in that all they do is spend money and bring in star free agents. Funny how now it is OK for them to spend $100 million on two free agents and their roster is pretty much entirely different from a few years ago.

Guest The Axe

4/23 Go Kings

Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Blue jackets

4/26 Go Edmonton

4/27 Go Wings

Go Avs

Go Preds

We get 7th, CBJ (from Ohio and like their chances of beating on Chi as they have all season with a maybe upset) at 8th. We may get a round or two.

Round 1 West Only

Round 2

Van beats CBJ in 7

SJ beat by Det in 6

Round 3

Van beat by Det in 6

SCF

Det beats the ever loving snot, pee, and any other bodily substance imaginable out of Pitt in 4 with TooToo administering the Coupe D'Grace on #87 as Bettman stands helplessly by. And while Datsuyk is handed the Conn Smythe he hands it immediately to TooToo for his heroics as McCarty beams from behind the Det bench. Also Bert gets his first skate with the Cup.

And The Axe gets hired on as the stick boy right before the playoffs start after the current stick boy comes down with a serious case of needing to study for finals.

4/23 Go Kings

Go Sharks

4/24 Go Wings

4/25 Go Wings

Go Blue jackets

4/26 Go Edmonton

4/27 Go Wings

Go Avs

Go Preds

Round 1 West Only

Round 2

Van beats CBJ in 7

SJ beat by Det in 6

Round 3

Van beat by Det in 6

SCF

I will put forth my good thoughts for this scenario!!

I'd love to see Minny lose out and miss the playoffs.

wouldnt be something if CBJ and the wings make it and they dont... after all the money they dished out this year