• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#141 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Dustin Brown will have a hearing this afternoon with Shanahan for his elbow to the face of Pominville. I don't see how he escapes a suspension

#142 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Wow, that's a pretty ugly elbow.  What a huge screw up that was.  I'm sure Brown's pissed at himself for that one. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#143 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Browner's dumb for extending out his elbow. He could have used his shoulder to protect himself in that situation, absolutely no need to extend your elbow. Especially when you're in possession of the puck. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#144 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Browner's dumb for extending out his elbow. He could have used his shoulder to protect himself in that situation, absolutely no need to extend your elbow. Especially when you're in possession of the puck. 

Yeah, Datsyuk does virtually the same thing all the time along the boards, but instead of using his elbow he uses his shoulder and steps into the oncoming guy's chest.  Brown needed to do that there, but used the elbow instead and got it up high.  He's not a dirty player or anything, but a bonehead play.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#145 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

as it looks today, we need Columbus to lose one game and then that would give us a one game mulligan...

we have 50pts and possibly 6 more available

they have 51pts and possible 4 more available...

winning two games each would force us to get at least a tie point in Dallas...Really, the ONLY game I am worried about is that Dallas game.  The Wings seem to play pretty well against LA and own Nashville, so if they can get 4 points right away, I will feel good about the Dallas game, unless Columbus gets 4 points too...We need Columbus to drop one (preferably in regulation) and we need 4 points before Sunday...not 2, not 3, FOUR.

7th place is not out of reach yet either unless Minny wins both of their remaining games, but let them drop one and Detroit could very well leap over them on Sunday! Hell, even both Minny and St, Louis drop the next two in a row and Detroit wins 3 in regulation we would be tied for 6th, both St. Louis and Detroit having 22 ROW...in that case it would come down to the last deciding factor to determine our seed because:

Detroit and St. Louis will both have 22 ROW - tie

Head to Head they have played 5 times, according the NHL rules your throwout the first game (Detroit Loss) and then sort by record of the remaining four games..... 2-2.  tie...

It would then come down to goals for/against differential for the entire season, which right now belongs to St. Louis @ +9 and Detroit is +1.  I think overcoming a -8 difference is way too much to ask, but a couple a shutout either way and you never know!

Funny thing is, we win tonight and leap over Columbus...tomorrow Columbus plays Dallas...ugh.  Who do you root for? ugh! I'd say Dallas and then damn well better take out Nashville next so Sunday's game means nothing...if we lose to LA and Dallas beats Columbus, then Columbus beats Nashville, it makes BOTH Nashville and Dallas must win games....yuck, this is messy.

So basically, like I said, take care of business now and beat LA and Nashville and then Sunday you could get the 1 point and be good. Unless Columbus drops both, then I think Dallas and Columbus will both be out....bottom line win all three and keep the "streak" alive!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#146 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Every team that's playing Columbus can be the spoiler so there is some motivation there, especially for the Preds.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#147 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Every team that's playing Columbus can be the spoiler so there is some motivation there, especially for the Preds.

esteef

Isn't the same true for every team playing us though?  They all know we're still in the hunt. 

#148 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

If the Wings win tonight AND tomorrow AND the Stars beat the Jackets in regulation tomorrow, we're in. Doesn't matter what happens at Dallas on Saturday. I say if that happens we rest some guys for round one.

#149 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Isn't the same true for every team playing us though?  They all know we're still in the hunt. 

It is but some people think teams might just roll over or "not do us any favors" cuz they're already out. There's still incentive there.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#150 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

If the Wings win tonight AND tomorrow AND the Stars beat the Jackets in regulation tomorrow, we're in. Doesn't matter what happens at Dallas on Saturday. I say if that happens we rest some guys for round one.

I would almost rather Dallas win in a SO though, considering they still hold the tiebreak in the ROW column just in case. Because even if Columbus got the point tomorrow then beat Nashville they AND we lost to Dallas, we would hold the tie break against Columbus in ROW. I would just hate for Dallas to have that over our head and just muck up the game and shoot for the shootout to beat us somehow.

I do like how you simplified it though. It's pretty much what I was thinking, win the 4 points now and not have to worry about Sunday too much.  And if Columbus does us a favor and loses in regulation either to Dallas or Nashville, Sunday is a practice day!

It is but some people think teams might just roll over or "not do us any favors" cuz they're already out. There's still incentive there.

esteef

Exactly! I see three tough games...gotta get ahead by two and maintain it! Enough of these 1 goal leads with 5:00 mins to go in the game.

www.thinkdunes.com

#151 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

i totally concur kipwinger, what everybody forgets is that most teams woud love to drag us with them to the bottomless pit and end our streak nashville or dallas wont just give in even if both have no china mens chance in hell so these next 2 our cruticial

Edited by sjr2012, 24 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#152 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

i totally concur kipwinger, what everybody forgets is that most teams woud love to drag us with them to the bottomless pit and end our streak nashville or dallas wont just give in even if both have no china mens chance in hell so these next 2 our cruticial

What does China have to do with this?

Anyhow, I agree, I can see all three games being the hardest ones of the year to win...Nashville spoiled our playoff party last season and even with them not even making the playoffs, they could spoil it for us again by beating us and losing to Columbus...

www.thinkdunes.com

#153 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

These stooges could possibly finish 7th need to win the remaining 3 games and Minn lose 1 in regulation
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#154 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

boy you know the scary thing? Bowemesster will do something he hasnt done............i hope its not a bad omen remember last time we played them and it showed Bowemeester and Datsyuk stats? Dats never missed a postseason Bowemeester never made it...yikes

#155 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

boy you know the scary thing? Bowemesster will do something he hasnt done............i hope its not a bad omen remember last time we played them and it showed Bowemeester and Datsyuk stats? Dats never missed a postseason Bowemeester never made it...yikes

I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but if Bouwmeester had a season ending injury in the final couple games of the regular season it would be hard not to laugh.

#156 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

77% chance of making playoffs as of right now.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#157 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Tomorrow we are root for the Stars...and Wings of course!

www.thinkdunes.com

#158 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Tomorrow we are root for the Stars...and Wings of course!

ya let's end this tomorrow so Saturday is not a concern.

naked is a state of mind

#159 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

i hope we end it tommorrow but i have no faith in dal beating columbus i dont even have faith in nashville sat it might just be us having to take both

#160 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

i hope we end it tommorrow but i have no faith in dal beating columbus i dont even have faith in nashville sat it might just be us having to take both

With a win tomorrow Dallas still has a chance to make the playoffs (if the Wings lose) so while they are both playing, Dallas will be playing for their playoff lives (as will Columbus) but I think Dallas will prevail because if Dallas loses then they pretty much are out especially with a Wings win....and if the Wings take care of Nashville again, we get a one game breather....

Edited by LeftWinger, 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com