No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Tatar frustrated; says he will only play in NHL when contract done

Rate this topic

http://sport.sme.sk/c/6771463/tatar-tuzi-hrat-v-nhl-na-farmu-uz-nepojdem.html

Tatar is speaking about his frustrations in his latest interview

Google translate:

"In February and March I was in the first team in Detroit played eighteen matches. I am convinced that I have it, so I got on a regular basis in the NHL. Well I had to go back to Grand Rapids. It's disappointing, "admitted Tatar.

"I grabbed the chance, I did well. I had the great pleasure of hockey, "said the native of Dubnice five weeks in the NHL. In the eighteen matches scoring four goals and three assists. Detroit maintained a progressive place to play off.

"I am convinced that weighed up my two-way contract," explained why in March ended in the NHL.

"To not have to move to Grand Rapids player with one-way contract, which would then have to pay the full amount at the farm, showed me. It's business. "

"I want to play for Detroit, which has overall pick, but if they will not want me, then for any other club," added advised of this season.

"I'm not going to farm it. And when in my contract expires in 2014, for a further period will sign only a one-way contract. "

Edited by evilzyme

Well, he even acknowledges why he was sent back down. It's the business aspect of the game. The stupid part was not recalling him as the 4 person party, and leaving Lashoff down. We had 9 defensemen... we had enough depth. Allow one of most energetic youngsters come back up and pot a few more. Him and Nyquist would be fun to play with their speed. Nyquist settling down finally in the NHL, and Tatar already showing that poise.. oh man they can be deadly.

Holland has really bungled the management of some of these guys. As everyone is saying, we're giving Cleary a spot over Tatar?

At least clear out some of the s*** to make space for guys like this.

And the logjam at D? We have 3 guys rotating into the 7th spot lol. Ridiculous.

This is why keeping veterans around too long is a slippery slope. You must play the player who deserves toplay, period. Unless you want a culture of entitlement and pissed off prospects.

But..but..Detroit has LOYALTY! They are so loyal that FAs, and players with NTC want to play for the Wings, no matter what...oh wait..

If he re-signs Cleary then he should be fired!

I've defended Holland a lot around here lately but if he re-signs clearly I'm going to throw up before quietly climbing on the "fire ken" bandwagon.

I'm really scared Cleary will actually be re-signed. But even if he isn't, that still leaves Samuelsson taking up what should be Tatar's roster spot. Not much hope for Holland buying out Sammy and thus not much hope for Tatar being a full-time Red Wing next season. Can understand he's upset, as is every sane Red Wings fan. I am 100% convinced we'd be in better shape in the standings right now if Tatar was never sent down and got to play over Cleary/Eaves/Miller. Honestly if I was Tatar I'd have a hard time holding in a "f*** you" when Holland comes and says he's getting sent down despite being one of the Wings best players for the 18 game stretch he was up. Imagine after that watching the games and seeing Cleary and Abdelkader in the top 6.

I'm pretty sure he's got Cleary's spot next season, but I can definitely understand his frustration. He looked pretty good during his time with the team, and it appears as if Nyquist is ready to make the jump as well. I truly feel like Cleary and Miller are done with the team, and an amnesty buyout should be used on Samuelsson.

If Tatar and Andersson (and Nyquist to a lesser extent) aren't with the Red Wings next season, there's really no defending Holland. The kids are ready.

I am not trying to defend Holland, but how much of this is also on Babcock? There seems to be no doubt that he prefers the Clearys and Millers(veterans) over younger players. Holland may just be thinking it is better to be actually playing in GR then minimal mins in Det

Edited by rking72