• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Tatar frustrated; says he will only play in NHL when contract done

Rate this topic

My prediction: only one of Tartar and Nyquist will become permanent Red Wings. The other will be dealt.

Then it would be Tatar. Clealy, Nyquist is superior Tatar, and is already one of our better forwards. I think they could get a solid return for Tatar (in a package).

Guest DeGraa55

Then it would be Tatar. Clealy, Nyquist is superior Tatar, and is already one of our better forwards. I think they could get a solid return for Tatar (in a package).

But we need someone like Tatar who actually shoots not a playmaker like Nyquist. But I do believe Nyquist has the higher ceiling.

But we need someone like Tatar who actually shoots not a playmaker like Nyquist. But I do believe Nyquist has the higher ceiling.

Nyquist has the same amount of goals in 2 less games in the AHL this year. I'm not convinced Tatar is this great shooter that people think he is. IMO, just from watching the games this season, Nyquist is the better player. He has really started controlling the game when he is out on the ice the last few weeks.

Guest DeGraa55

Nyquist has the same amount of goals in 2 less games in the AHL this year. I'm not convinced Tatar is this great shooter that people think he is. IMO, just from watching the games this season, Nyquist is the better player. He has really started controlling the game when he is out on the ice the last few weeks.

I think that was mostly because Nyquist was better than most if not all in the Dahl. But I do agree he is the better player.

The fact of the matter is they should both be playing in the NHL right now and guys like Cleary and filp should be gone. Neither of these guys are going to develop further in the AHL, they can only get better now while playing against NHL players day in and day out.

Definitely not. Tatars hands are a lot quicker than Nyquists plus he plays a lot harder. And do not forget that Tatar is one of the best skaters in the organization. He got the moves that only Brunner and Datsjuk are able to show.

Nyquist understands the game very well and he's a great playmaker. But do not forget that Tatar is the younger of them. And, as said before, when you have that many chances but you're not scoring goals you really need quick handed goal scorers, not playmakers.

Guest The Axe

The fact of the matter is they should both be playing in the NHL right now and guys like Cleary and filp should be gone. Neither of these guys are going to develop further in the AHL, they can only get better now while playing against NHL players day in and day out.

The over ripening is only cool when our team is winning. Right now, we are over sucking.

Has it occured to anyone that maybe the management are concerned about just how young and inexperienced our current roster is?

Nyquist: 23, 35GP

Smith: 24, 43GP

Andersson: 24, 38GP

Emmerton: 24, 116GP

Kindl: 26, 142GP

Brunner: 24, 39P

DeKeyser: 23, 6GP

Throw in Tatar: 22, 27GP, and Lashoff: 22, 31GP and you have the youngest most inexperienced roster we've had in a long, long time. When we were rebuilding in the early-mid 2000s Datsyuk then Zetterberg, then Kronwall, Franzen, Filpulla, Hudler, Kopecky etc were all drip fed in, slowly, over 4 or 5 seasons. We're bringing them in all at once. Maybe, just maybe, Holland and Babcock feel we've reached the limit on how many youngsters the team can accomodate at once.

Its a moot point anyone now, we can't bring Tatar up without another forward injury, and does anyone want to take that chance?

Guest Playmaker

I imagine I'll get blasted for even mentioning that Cleary didn't always suck, but essentially what you're really saying is that we need someone to replace Cleary from when he played well. Which he really did at one point. He was exactly that sort of player that we so badly need right now. Of all of the pieces we've lost, I think people fail to acknowledge that he didn't always suck, and his descent has actually hurt us a lot. Then add to that Bertuzzi's injury and Franzen's...whatever you want to call it....and I think you see where the problem stems from.

Edit: Oh, and Holmstrom

I don't think anyone is denying that Cleary, in his day, was a solid player. The Wings just hold on a season or two long with most of these guys. The impression given was that Cleary was horrible last year due to his injuries and after the long layoff and recovery, he'd be good as new. Well, he's even worse. Instead of realizing that and making him a healthy scratch many nights, they keep playing him and playing him until the point of frustration and anger. It isn't Cleary's fault, it's the management. He might actually not look so pathetic if he was on a 3rd or 4th line, but to put him on the top 6 night after night and watching him struggle, is painful to watch. I never for a second thought Cleary would score on that breakaway last night. As soon as I saw the #11, my heart sank.

Draper, Maltby, Holmstrom....they were all fantastic, but the Wings signed them to contracts that were too long and didn't want to step on toes so they let them stay until their contracts expired when it was clear the talent wasn't there anymore. Same thing is happening with Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson. Someone has one good season or playoff and Holland signs them to a 4 year+ deal. What's especially frustrating is that most of these guys aren't coveted league wide and could be had for less money and years than Holland seems to think (Jimmy Howard is a prime example of that)

I don't think anyone is denying that Cleary, in his day, was a solid player. The Wings just hold on a season or two long with most of these guys. The impression given was that Cleary was horrible last year due to his injuries and after the long layoff and recovery, he'd be good as new. Well, he's even worse. Instead of realizing that and making him a healthy scratch many nights, they keep playing him and playing him until the point of frustration and anger. It isn't Cleary's fault, it's the management. He might actually not look so pathetic if he was on a 3rd or 4th line, but to put him on the top 6 night after night and watching him struggle, is painful to watch. I never for a second thought Cleary would score on that breakaway last night. As soon as I saw the #11, my heart sank.

Draper, Maltby, Holmstrom....they were all fantastic, but the Wings signed them to contracts that were too long and didn't want to step on toes so they let them stay until their contracts expired when it was clear the talent wasn't there anymore. Same thing is happening with Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson. Someone has one good season or playoff and Holland signs them to a 4 year+ deal. What's especially frustrating is that most of these guys aren't coveted league wide and could be had for less money and years than Holland seems to think (Jimmy Howard is a prime example of that)

That's the kind of player we are missing--no one really in front of the net to bang one of those perimeter shots in we so love to take.

Watching Dan Cleary play instead of him makes me sick to my stomach, every game.

What, you didn't enjoy cleary missing the entire net last night on a breakaway??? lol

I can't blame Tatar. Would really suck if he signed elsewhere and we lost the guy because of our own stupidity to hang onto hasbeens to aren't producing.