• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Wow Dallas.....I'll take a Sharks win the regulation. If Detroit can get their crap together 7th is still within reach too.

#22 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Kings lead 1-0

#23 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Kings up 1-0 over the BJs!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Go Kings!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Shouldnt we all be over in the other threads bitching and whining and berating players and mangment:)

#26 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

Spying on these other games feels like... resorting to free nudie sites, when I had the Playboy Mansion to myself for years prior. I feel dirty :scared:

#27 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

The Canucks are so effing useless. Couldn't do us just this one favor eh? Had to just completely get pooped on by Dallas. So annoyed.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#28 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think everyone just hates us and is sick and tired of us being in the hunt so theyre sticking it to us....driving the nails in when they have the chance.

#29 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

The Canucks are so effing useless. Couldn't do us just this one favor eh? Had to just completely get pooped on by Dallas. So annoyed.

They're going to do us a favor and kick our asses Saturday so we get a better draft pick

#30 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

I watch the Kings all the time so nothing new here.

esteef

#31 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

I really think this is a big game for Columbus. If they lose they're only 2 points ahead of us and we have two games in hand. If Columbus loses tonight I really think we make the playoffs. It would be cool to keep the streak alive but other than that we're not doing any damage in the playoffs this year. Last night showed me this team has some serious issues.

#32 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Simon, come on! Stay positive... Things have been harsh, but last night, those 2 fluke goals were just that! The wings attacked fiercely. On another night most of their scoring chances would have gone in! Who knows what would have happened if that shorthanded goal hadn't gone in, maybe the Wings would have capitalized on the PP!

Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#33 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

I watch the Kings all the time so nothing new here.

esteef

If they actually awarded the Norris for all around ability anymore, Doughty should be in the conversation.

Blues win in shoot out.

Would've been worse had the Yotes won in the shootout but it's still not great there's a 3 point game.

#34 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

If they actually awarded the Norris for all around ability anymore, Doughty should be in the conversation.

He sucks with Bridgestone pucks tho. :tounge:

esteef

#35 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Simon, come on! Stay positive... Things have been harsh, but last night, those 2 fluke goals were just that! The wings attacked fiercely. On another night most of their scoring chances would have gone in! Who knows what would have happened if that shorthanded goal hadn't gone in, maybe the Wings would have capitalized on the PP!

Good point but it's not ONLY last night. That Jimmy Howard f*** up pretty much summed up the whole season. Things just didn't go our way from day one. Injuries and just sloppy play all around. I'm not counting them out of the playoffs yet. Hopefully they make it and whatever happens after that is up to them. Just hurts me to see players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk not as effective as they used to be.

#36 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Good point but it's not ONLY last night. That Jimmy Howard f*** up pretty much summed up the whole season. Things just didn't go our way from day one. Injuries and just sloppy play all around. I'm not counting them out of the playoffs yet. Hopefully they make it and whatever happens after that is up to them. Just hurts me to see players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk not as effective as they used to be.

Dats and Zetterberg still have the ability to dominate any game, the problem is their line mates suck.

#37 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

They can dominate yes, but it just sucks knowing these guys are not getting the help they deserve on most nights (although that might be less true recently), and that they are indeed NOT getting any younger.. I'm about to hit 30 myself (Ughhh :P) and I realize I need a little longer recovery time after a game or workout!

Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#38 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Impressive game by the stars tonight. Watching the sharks with my kings hat on drinking a blue moon to ease the pain of rooting for them. Nice powerplay by SJ to make it 2-0

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#39 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Just want to point out that the first time the wings fell apart in the 3rd period against the flames this year they won 5 of the next 6.

#40 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Kopitar on the PK minus his stick, did a soccer sliding tackle to kick the puck out of the zone. 

i wonder if our guys will do that

dadgummit