• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Putting Hank's goal scoring problems into perspective.

Rate this topic

Back to Z and Dat for that matter. I mentioned this last summer. both f them have been in a slow decline for about 5 years. Here are Z's point totals since 08: 92, 73, 70, 80, and 69. Not including this year. in 08-his career year Z scored 43 goals and had a 12% shooting %. Since then his shots have remained the same. but the goals and shooting % have dropped. 31, 23, 24, 22, and 9 this year. his shooting % has gone from 12% to 10%, 7.4%, 7.8%, 8.2% and 5.7% this year.

Datsyuk is the same, but not as bad. His career years were 80 and 09 with 97 points each year. Since then he has had seasons of: 70, 59, 67, and 41 this year. His goal numbers have also dropped off. He had 31 nad 32 goals in 08 and 09. Since then he has produced: 27, 23, and 19. 13 so far this season. His shooting % has remained fairly stable though.

Now both are still good players. Neither is done. But Z is becoming a 60 point per year guy and datsyuk is closer to a 70 point per year guy. yes things could be worse. But neither is an offensive force that can carry a team by themelves anymore. They need to help to be effective, as this season has shown. We are 26th in goals scoed this year, as of today. Think about that. 26th!

Back to Z and Dat for that matter. I mentioned this last summer. both f them have been in a slow decline for about 5 years. Here are Z's point totals since 08: 92, 73, 70, 80, and 69. Not including this year. in 08-his career year Z scored 43 goals and had a 12% shooting %. Since then his shots have remained the same. but the goals and shooting % have dropped. 31, 23, 24, 22, and 9 this year. his shooting % has gone from 12% to 10%, 7.4%, 7.8%, 8.2% and 5.7% this year.

Datsyuk is the same, but not as bad. His career years were 80 and 09 with 97 points each year. Since then he has had seasons of: 70, 59, 67, and 41 this year. His goal numbers have also dropped off. He had 31 nad 32 goals in 08 and 09. Since then he has produced: 27, 23, and 19. 13 so far this season. His shooting % has remained fairly stable though.

Now both are still good players. Neither is done. But Z is becoming a 60 point per year guy and datsyuk is closer to a 70 point per year guy. yes things could be worse. But neither is an offensive force that can carry a team by themelves anymore. They need to help to be effective, as this season has shown. We are 26th in goals scoed this year, as of today. Think about that. 26th!

Would agree with you overall, but this season Z and D are about a point per game so that would make each around 80 point per season. (for this season)

Edited by kickazz

Would agree with you overall, but this season Z and D are about a point per game so that would make each around 80 point per season. (for this season)

But they are also trending downward in games played-which is normal as guys get older. This year should be thrown out however. hard to get any real ideas about things. yes Z and Datsyuk started great. But they were already in game shape, where as half the league was not. Go back and review our season. For the first 10-15 games the team as a whole played poorly. but Z, Datsyuk, and Brunner where on fire. Since then, the team as a whole is playing much better, but those 3 have dropped off. Z and Brunner have done so big time.

But they are also trending downward in games played-which is normal as guys get older. This year should be thrown out however. hard to get any real ideas about things. yes Z and Datsyuk started great. But they were already in game shape, where as half the league was not. Go back and review our season. For the first 10-15 games the team as a whole played poorly. but Z, Datsyuk, and Brunner where on fire. Since then, the team as a whole is playing much better, but those 3 have dropped off. Z and Brunner have done so big time.

Well, there's multiple ways of looking at it. (And we're just talking about this season. I agree with you that they have shown signs of decline last few years. )

1. Fact that Z and Dats have been playing since before lockout should if anything show that they are hanging in there while the rest of a league had a nice 4 months off. In EV Zug Zet was playing exceptionally well. Overall this year he's doing better than he was last year in terms of production (not so much with goals scoring I know).

2. Ok lets say Z and Dats had the advantage in the beginning of the season and were on fire and the rest of the league sucked. But now the rest of the league has finally caught up and Z and Dats are getting tired.. So technically it should be balanced at this point.. However Zetterberg is officially ranked 6th in assists in the league (an impressive feat for a 32 year old tired man). Meaning that other players simply aren't able to catch up? Or, he's somewhat still maintaining his assist production, albeit not as well as he was in the beginning of the season.

And I don't believe Z has "dropped off big time" at all. Him and Datsyuk are still the best players on the team. And last nights game with those three assists were a clear message that he's not "dead" yet. The captain had a big game. Personally I think he's running on fumes, but I give him and Dats credit for doing what they can with a subpar roster and linemates.

Edited by kickazz

The problem may be they are having to dig deep now just to make the playoffs. Which makes me concerned if they will have that extra level to go to in the post season.

exactly, they probably won't. but who knows crazier things have happened. abdelkader could very well be the 15 goal scorer in the playoffs XD

Well, there's multiple ways of looking at it. (And we're just talking about this season. I agree with you that they have shown signs of decline last few years. )

1. Fact that Z and Dats have been playing since before lockout should if anything show that they are hanging in there while the rest of a league had a nice 4 months off. In EV Zug Zet was playing exceptionally well. Overall this year he's doing better than he was last year in terms of production (not so much with goals scoring I know).

2. Ok lets say Z and Dats had the advantage in the beginning of the season and were on fire and the rest of the league sucked. But now the rest of the league has finally caught up and Z and Dats are getting tired.. So technically it should be balanced at this point.. However Zetterberg is officially ranked 6th in assists in the league (an impressive feat for a 32 year old tired man). Meaning that other players simply aren't able to catch up? Or, he's somewhat still maintaining his assist production, albeit not as well as he was in the beginning of the season.

And I don't believe Z has "dropped off big time" at all. Him and Datsyuk are still the best players on the team. And last nights game with those three assists were a clear message that he's not "dead" yet. The captain had a big game. Personally I think he's running on fumes, but I give him and Dats credit for doing what they can with a subpar roster and linemates.

Yes. Let's not confuse their declining skills with a lack of effort. Both are giving everything they have. The issue is father time has changed their abilities, as it does to all of us. It doesn't help things that they are our only real scoring options 90% of the time. That is not on them, it is on management. But Z and Dat are the ones paying for it.

Guest The Axe

Yes. Let's not confuse their declining skills with a lack of effort. Both are giving everything they have. The issue is father time has changed their abilities, as it does to all of us. It doesn't help things that they are our only real scoring options 90% of the time. That is not on them, it is on management. But Z and Dat are the ones paying for it.

Both these guys are scoring a point a game. I don't understand all the criticism.

Guest Johnz96

Both these guys are scoring a point a game. I don't understand all the criticism.

Lol

Guest DeGraa55

But if you watch...they shoukd be doing better. How many times does dat shoot and miss nwt? Or z have a wide open net...to pass the puck?