• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

4/20 GDT: Red Wings 1 @ Canucks 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

No, just blaming his shootout tendency to go down early this season.

I'm blaming the Wings more for making the other goalie always look so damn good throughout the entire game.

yup, have to blame the offense for not scoring. i thought they played well but they got to get the fricking puck in the fricking net

I'm learning a few things through all of this. Jimmy is something special. You can't deny it now. We've been hanging into games solely because of him. Without him, the season would have been flushed down the toilet a while ago. Second, Franzen is waking up, it seems. I was actually glad he was on our team this game. And lastly, we have absolutely no finishing touch. None.

Huh?

Howard was taking a coffee break for most of this game. He made some saves, but we carried the play just like the Calgary game.

Once again, the other goalie was the star.

The OTHER goalie was the star because we can't score.....not because our goalie needs to be better. We can carry the play all we want but if you can put it in the net, you never win. It's absurd to even mention Jimmy as a reason we didn't win this game.

But when the other team's goalie stands on his head every game, then you should blame the Wings, and not give credit to the goalie.

Again, pushing the echo button here but friggin Darren Pang would look like a Vezina candidate if he was playing the offense of the Wings.

They have to let Filppula (and obviously Cleary) walk and use that money to sign a goal-scoring winger. What use are all of these playmakers with no one to finish? I can't even remember the last time they scored more than two goals in a game.

Given the almost complete silence from Holland on contract talks now that Jimmeh is signed, I think its fair to day we're going to let them walk.

Really frustrating 2 games. Outplay both opponents on the road but only get 1 point out of 4. That's got to be a very frustrated dressing room right now. If we miss the playoffs I imagine our shoot-out record will be the difference.

Guest The Axe

Given the almost complete silence from Holland on contract talks now that Jimmeh is signed, I think its fair to day we're going to let them walk.

Really frustrating 2 games. Outplay both opponents on the road but only get 1 point out of 4. That's got to be a very frustrated dressing room right now. If we miss the playoffs I imagine our shoot-out record will be the difference.

Maybe Flip is the smart one and is tanking on purpose. He probably wants to go somewhere where the GM realizes the team that scores more wins the game.

Cleary missed the entire net on a breakaway

if he is in the lineup ever again

i will have to find another sport to watch

if this kind of mismanagement is shrugged off in this situation

it is no wonder why the NHL is a made a joke of

Tatar in the minors is a travesty

LGW could run the Wings better than the current regime

Also get rid of Kronwall he is a nice #3 but has learned nothing from Lidstrom.... he is useless

I hate what this team has become... soft, inept, brutal, laughable and a shadow of a once great lineage.

Datsyuk and Howard get a pass.

Edited by Yak19

Guest DeGraa55

Cleary missed the entire net on a breakaway

if he is in the lineup ever again

i will have to find another sport to watch

if this kind of mismanagement is shrugged off in this situation

it is no wonder why the NHL is a made a joke of

Tatar in the minors is a travesty

Also get rid of Kronwall he is a nice #3 but has learned nothing from Lidstrom.... he is useless

I hate what this team has become... soft, inept, brutal, laughable and a shadow of a once great lineage.

Datsyuk and Howard get a pass.

You forgot dekeyser and smith. Well more so dekeyser. I really didn't know much about him at all. But he is our beat defenseman right now.

Cory Schneider, who is very comparable to Howard is making 4 m each can't believe Holland used him as an example, to get a lower caphit out of Howard. That said I still think Howard is this teams MVP this season, with him signed it is now time to fix the defense. Sadfully this will not be an easy task looking at the so called top UFA list is just a shame:

http://www.capgeek.com/

No outstanding defenseman and not even prime-time forwards, so drafting smart is going to be the key here, because this is probably the most boring UFA class ever (thank you NHL).

At a point like this in the season, Holland normally would have started contract talks so I guess its save to say, that Filpulla and Ian are going to walk for nothing, which is a mistake because desperate teams would have given up some draft picks for at least Filpulla.

I don't care about making the playoffso r not, I care about the bigger picture here and rather not make the playoffs if it means getting swept by our hated rivals.

Damn it hurts to lose another vital point in a SO. Just doesn't feel like a fair way to decide games at this stage. But I also wish our players could atleast score on breakaways/SO-attempts. This scoring drought is getting ridiculous. We are creating enough chances lately, and I don't buy into this "we have no finishers". We have a bunch of guys that should be good for 10-30 goals per season, but literally no one is scoring.

The point atleast puts us ahead of Dallas again, so as long as we play even with them the rest of the way and even with Columbus, we're in.

Good game overall, keep that kind of play up and start finding the back of the net. Liking our team defense and effort lately, bring up Tatar and bench Cleary to get the O going.

Edited by dat's sick

LGW would run this team like the Flyers or Rangers, constant big trades, FA agent signings and big buyouts, with questionable levels of success.

And if you get rid of him we have no #3. Surely we need to keep him and try and add some high-end defensive talent? But I like your reasoning - Not as good as Lidstrom therefore he sucks.

Cory Schneider, who is very comparable to Howard is making 4 m each can't believe Holland used him as an example, to get a lower caphit out of Howard. That said I still think Howard is this teams MVP this season, with him signed it is now time to fix the defense. Sadfully this will not be an easy task looking at the so called top UFA list is just a shame:

http://www.capgeek.com/

No outstanding defenseman and not even prime-time forwards, so drafting smart is going to be the key here, because this is probably the most boring UFA class ever (thank you NHL).

At a point like this in the season, Holland normally would have started contract talks so I guess its save to say, that Filpulla and Ian are going to walk for nothing, which is a mistake because desperate teams would have given up some draft picks for at least Filpulla.

I don't care about making the playoffso r not, I care about the bigger picture here and rather not make the playoffs if it means getting swept by our hated rivals.

Yeah - Congrats! You're the team MVP for a team that may or may not miss the playoffs for the first time since 1989/1990. Here's your trophy.

I think Jimmy would pass.....

I for one am still satisfied with the way the team played their past 3 games! Let's be honest they dictated the play against Calgary and vancouver. If they keep working hard like that they will get the breaks and the puck will go in. Keep positive!

I agree, especially last night they played a great game. Everyone was hustling and the defense was solid. Loving the Dekeyser-Kindl pairing.

Suck that we've had so many games lately where we play good enough to win but we can't get it done though. 3 shootout losses that could have been wins, that would have been 3 points more in the standings and we'd be looking much better in the standings. And a fluke loss against Calgary, 2 points gone there. There is some truth to the old saying that you make your own luck, but I wonder if there's enough time left for the luck to actually turn in the Wings favor?

Guest Crymson

Yep. Another game where we only score a goal. How many does that make now in recent memory?

And Howard needs to study tape in shootouts. Lapierre was going so slow that Howard should have just kept his ground and not committed. Instead, he goes down quickly like he always does.

When you've played as a goaltender in an NHL shootout, come back and let us know. Until then, consider that you have no place making this sort of criticism.

Kronwall needs to be much, much better. Sure he has put up some points but he makes some awful plays in his own end. The young guys Dekeyser, Kindl,Smith and Lashoff look really promising!

Blaming Howard for letting in a goal in a shootout is absurd. Why not rip Pav and Z for not scoring?

When you've played as a goaltender in an NHL shootout, come back and let us know. Until then, consider that you have no place making this sort of criticism.

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

We may as well close the entire forums, since none of us have ever been NHL goalies, forwards, defenseman, GM's or coaches.

From now on, no more criticism guys.

Interesting game last night. Couple of things I noticed;

-Filppula was god awful - I usually have a lot of faith in him but he was actually getting in the way of his line mates last night. Might have been the worst game I've ever seen him play. For the first time, I think the Wings might be better off letting him walk next year in favour of keeping one of these kids in the lineup.

-DeKeyser continues to impress me. No doubt in my mind he will be our top shutdown defenseman in the near future.

-Nyquist, Andersson and Emmerton all played really well. Looks like Emmerton is finally making strides toward being a useful everyday player

-I love our defense WITHOUT White and Colaiacovo

Additionally, the CBC broadcasters really put this season into perspective. I've been pissing and moaning about the Wings' "fall from grace" all season but in reality, its amazing what they've been able to accomplish given their lineup and the tight Western Conference. After last night's game, I am actually kind of excited to see these younger guys progress over the next couple of seasons.

I also still think the Wings will make the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

We may as well close the entire forums, since none of us have ever been NHL goalies, forwards, defenseman, GM's or coaches.

From now on, no more criticism guys.

There's a big difference between "___ should have had that" or "I don't like these lines" or "I dislike Holland's personnel choices" and what you said. Believe it or not, playing goalie against a fellow professional taking a penalty shot is as much luck as it is skill, and it's not possible to stop every shot. You might as well criticize goalies for not watching more tape of Datsyuk. After all, the guy only uses a few moves.

In other words, you don't know best.