• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#341 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

And Howard needs to study tape in shootouts.  Lapierre was going so slow that Howard should have just kept his ground and not committed.  Instead, he goes down quickly like he always does.  

Yeah really, bet he doesn't do that at all  :rolleyes:

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#342 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Yep.  Another game where we only score a goal.  How many does that make now in recent memory?

And Howard needs to study tape in shootouts.  Lapierre was going so slow that Howard should have just kept his ground and not committed.  Instead, he goes down quickly like he always does.

Howard was the ONLY reason we got a point in this game. I don't think he's the guy that needs to study tape. I think our forwards need to study some tape on how to score a F' n goal
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#343 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Howard was the ONLY reason we got a point in this game. I don't think he's the guy that needs to study tape. I think our forwards need to study some tape on how to score a F' n goal

Huh?

Howard was taking a coffee break for most of this game.  He made some saves, but we carried the play just like the Calgary game.

Once again, the other goalie was the star.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#344 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

you lot make me laugh, we played a great road game against a team that was looking like they wanted a shootout from the puck drop. what do you think their goalie is gunna do eh ? just let us score? hes paid to stop the puck the same as Jimmy. As far as the shootout goes its a complete crapshoot. Id sooner they play another 5 min ot 3 on 3 as the pen shot saga is a garbage way to win or lose games. You should win as a team and loose as a team, not this one on one crap.

Anyway, win the next 3 home games and we'll be in the dance. Our D is looking just fine lately and if Kenny gets his head outta of his ass and signs us 2 bonifide scoring forwards we'll be set next season as well.

Sproul played his first game for the Griffs tonight and the opposing play by play guys were drooling over him every shift he was out, and has he got a shot from the point or what! they were also biggin up Pulkkinen on his debut as well, as to where the Redwings find these guys. Future looks good.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#345 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

i havent checked the GDT but for those that dont know Ken Holland will be on After Hours on CBC soon

its pretty weird that we have to be fans of certain teams for a night just so wings have a shot.

#346 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,504 posts

They have to let Filppula (and obviously Cleary) walk and use that money to sign a goal-scoring winger. What use are all of these playmakers with no one to finish? I can't even remember the last time they scored more than two goals in a game.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#347 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

you lot make me laugh, we played a great road game against a team that was looking like they wanted a shootout from the puck drop. what do you think their goalie is gunna do eh ? just let us score? hes paid to stop the puck the same as Jimmy. As far as the shootout goes its a complete crapshoot. Id sooner they play another 5 min ot 3 on 3 as the pen shot saga is a garbage way to win or lose games. You should win as a team and loose as a team, not this one on one crap.

Anyway, win the next 3 home games and we'll be in the dance. Our D is looking just fine lately and if Kenny gets his head outta of his ass and signs us 2 bonifide scoring forwards we'll be set next season as well.

Sproul played his first game for the Griffs tonight and the opposing play by play guys were drooling over him every shift he was out, and has he got a shot from the point or what! they were also biggin up Pulkkinen on his debut as well, as to where the Redwings find these guys. Future looks good.

But when the other team's goalie stands on his head every game, then you should blame the Wings, and not give credit to the goalie. 

#348 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

lol really? we are blaming jimmy for this game? come on now

#349 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

lol really? we are blaming jimmy for this game? come on now

No, just blaming his shootout tendency to go down early this season.    

I'm blaming the Wings more for making the other goalie always look so damn good throughout the entire game.    

#350 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

If there wasnt a shootout we would have ended up with 1 in a tie anyways, what the f*** are you talking about

tumblr_m3ny08ZCsU1qb7o0vo1_500_zpsdb4672

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#351 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

No, just blaming his shootout tendency to go down early this season.    

I'm blaming the Wings more for making the other goalie always look so damn good throughout the entire game.    

yup, have to blame the offense for not scoring. i thought they played well but they got to get the fricking puck in the fricking net

#352 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'm learning a few things through all of this. Jimmy is something special. You can't deny it now. We've been hanging into games solely because of him. Without him, the season would have been flushed down the toilet a while ago. Second, Franzen is waking up, it seems. I was actually glad he was on our team this game. And lastly, we have absolutely no finishing touch. None.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#353 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Huh?

Howard was taking a coffee break for most of this game.  He made some saves, but we carried the play just like the Calgary game.

Once again, the other goalie was the star.

The OTHER goalie was the star because we can't score.....not because our goalie needs to be better. We can carry the play all we want but if you can put it in the net, you never win. It's absurd to even mention Jimmy as a reason we didn't win this game.

But when the other team's goalie stands on his head every game, then you should blame the Wings, and not give credit to the goalie.

Again, pushing the echo button here but friggin Darren Pang would look like a Vezina candidate if he was playing the offense of the Wings.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#354 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

They have to let Filppula (and obviously Cleary) walk and use that money to sign a goal-scoring winger. What use are all of these playmakers with no one to finish? I can't even remember the last time they scored more than two goals in a game.

Given the almost complete silence from Holland on contract talks now that Jimmeh is signed, I think its fair to day we're going to let them walk.

Really frustrating 2 games.  Outplay both opponents on the road but only get 1 point out of 4.  That's got to be a very frustrated dressing room right now.  If we miss the playoffs I imagine our shoot-out record will be the difference.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#355 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Given the almost complete silence from Holland on contract talks now that Jimmeh is signed, I think its fair to day we're going to let them walk.

Really frustrating 2 games.  Outplay both opponents on the road but only get 1 point out of 4.  That's got to be a very frustrated dressing room right now.  If we miss the playoffs I imagine our shoot-out record will be the difference.

Maybe Flip is the smart one and is tanking on purpose. He probably wants to go somewhere where the GM realizes the team that scores more wins the game.

#356 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Not giving up until playoffs are set

#357 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Surprised that there were no comments on the in-depth Ken Holland interview after the game on CBC. Here is the link, skip ahead to 5:30 for the interview. 

#358 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Cleary missed the entire net on a breakaway

if he is in the lineup ever again

i will have to find another sport to watch

if this kind of mismanagement is shrugged off in this situation

it is no wonder why the NHL is a made a joke of

Tatar in the minors is a travesty

LGW could run the Wings better than the current regime

Also get rid of Kronwall he is a nice #3 but has learned nothing from Lidstrom.... he is useless

I hate what this team has become... soft, inept, brutal, laughable and a shadow of a once great lineage.

Datsyuk and Howard get a pass.

Edited by Yak19, 21 April 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#359 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Cleary missed the entire net on a breakaway

if he is in the lineup ever again

i will have to find another sport to watch

if this kind of mismanagement is shrugged off in this situation

it is no wonder why the NHL is a made a joke of

Tatar in the minors is a travesty

LGW could run the Wings better than the current regime

Also get rid of Kronwall he is a nice #3 but has learned nothing from Lidstrom.... he is useless

I hate what this team has become... soft, inept, brutal, laughable and a shadow of a once great lineage.

Datsyuk and Howard get a pass.

You forgot dekeyser and smith. Well more so dekeyser. I really didn't know much about him at all. But he is our beat defenseman right now.

#360 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Cory Schneider, who is very comparable to Howard is making 4 m each can't believe Holland used him as an example, to get a lower caphit out of Howard. That said I still think Howard is this teams MVP this season, with him signed it is now time to fix the defense. Sadfully this will not be an easy task looking at the so called top UFA list is just a shame:

http://www.capgeek.com/

No outstanding defenseman and not even prime-time forwards, so drafting smart is going to be the key here, because this is probably the most boring UFA class ever (thank you NHL).

At a point like this in the season, Holland normally would have started contract talks so I guess its save to say, that Filpulla and Ian are going to walk for nothing, which is a mistake because desperate teams would have given up some draft picks for at least Filpulla.

I don't care about making the playoffso r not, I care about the bigger picture here and rather not make the playoffs if it means getting swept by our hated rivals.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !