• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#161 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

5 days and a wake up until the draft! Time for everyone to place their bets and picks! Who you got in the 1st?

My pick: Gauthier

#162 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

With the 18th pick of the 2013 NHL entry draft. The Detroit Red Wings select Center Max Domi, London Ontario.

#163 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Anthony Mantha or Samuel Morin

#164 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Anthony Mantha or Samuel Morin

Mantha is who I would take, but I don't think Holland will draft him. I would love to be proven wrong Kenny!

#165 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ok back. Was way to busy over the weekend. Now time to look at the hope and pray part of the draft, rounds 5-7. Normally you are lucky to find AHL quality players in these late rounds. Most teams tend to look for 1 thing: size or speed that a guy has and take a gamble. Again, this is a deep draft. There will be some future NHLers taken in the later rounds.

Before I add some new names to the pot, there are a couple guys already mentioned that could slide into the 5th round.

Buckles and Hill. Buckles 6-2/210 RH C has been every where in mock drafts. From the 3rd round through the 6th round. he has size, speed, and is a producer, but he has been playing at a lower level to preserve his eligability for college. if he is available in the 5th, this would be a true steal.

Tyler Hill 6-6/225 LH LW. before the seaason there was a ton of buzz about this kid. Then he had a "disappointing" USHL season. Now CS has him in the 180's of NA skaters. Another kid that if drafted in the 5th or later rounds could be a steal. But he is also a guy that never signs.

Now for some new names:

Saku Maenalenen 6-3/185 LW

Jorgen Karterud 6-4/190 LW

Jake Montgomery 6-3/195 LW

Mitchell Dempsey 6-3/210 LW

Williem Haag 6-1/200 RW

Sergei Kuptsov 6-2/212 RW

Viktor Crus-Rydberg 6-0/190 C

Jordan malette 6-2/200 C

Maxim Mamin 6-1/185 C

Jonathon Ismael Diaby 6-5/225 D

Parker Reno 6-2/195 D

Tyler Stanton 6-3/175 D

Alexei Bereglozov 6-4/190 D

Anton Cederholm 6-2/205 D

Marcus Hogberg G

Antoine Bibeau 6-1/210 G

Most of these guys have good talent. But all have a question mark. For the Russians much of it is "will they come over". Others it is foot speed, or work ethic. But that is the name of the game at this point of the draft.

The Wings don't even need scouts just a tape measure and a scale.

#166 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Mantha is who I would take, but I don't think Holland will draft him. I would love to be proven wrong Kenny!

I'm on the Mantha bandwagon until he goes earlier than 18.  We'll see though.   

Max Domi looks like a really good player, but doesn't help our size issue.  Time to get a power forward in the 1st round.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#167 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm on the Mantha bandwagon until he goes earlier than 18.  We'll see though.   

Max Domi looks like a really good player, but doesn't help our size issue.  Time to get a power forward in the 1st round.

He is stronger, tougher and more physical than most of the taller guys mentioned

#168 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

He's a goal scorer...something we need badly...but a 6'7 defenseman who can skate, fight and hit would be nice also

Plus it will be interesting to see if the Wings take a goalie later in the draft.I don't think they will. I would draft mainly forwards with a project or 2 later

Edited by RedWingCraig, 24 June 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#169 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

He's a goal scorer...something we need badly...but a 6'7 defenseman who can skate, fight and hit would be nice also

Plus it will be interesting to see if the Wings take a goalie later in the draft.I don't think they will. I would draft mainly forwards with a project or 2 later

Don't need a Dman. We are loaded with blueline prospects.

BTW I would change the thread title to daft day thread if I knew how..... Mods feel free to do so.

#170 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

5 days and a wake up until the draft! Time for everyone to place their bets and picks! Who you got in the 1st?

My pick: Gauthier

Mantha

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#171 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Don't need a Dman. We are loaded with blueline prospects.

BTW I would change the thread title to daft day thread if I knew how..... Mods feel free to do

Morin would be a welcomed addition...anyone we draft isn't gonna be ready for a few years and who knows what the defense will look like then...but Mantha is my first choice

#172 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Mantha is worth the pick. He's got moxy. We need that. Brunner, Smith, and Tatar have that moxy too. Cockiness is not what we want, but Datsyuk and Z taper those young guys' cockiness and turn it into moxy. Then we are exciting to watch.

#173 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I may be the only one but I hope we trade down again. This draft is very deep. It's easy to read up on the top 30 player profiles and get excited about those guys.

Id like to see something bold. Something along the lines of trading the 18th overall pick for San Jose's' three 2nd round picks. Throw in spare parts on either side to make it work.

Would give us 3 picks in a row in the top 50 at 48,49, 50 as well as another at 58.

But that's me....

Edited by Son of a Wing, 26 June 2013 - 03:03 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#174 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

I may be the only one but I hope we trade down again. This draft is very deep. It's easy to read up on the top 30 player profiles and get excited about those guys.

Id like to see something bold. Something along the lines of trading the 18th overall pick for Dallas' three 2nd round picks. Throw in spare parts on either side to make it work.

Would give us 3 picks in a row in the top 50 at 48,49, 50 as well as another at 58.

But that's me....

I would love that idea, but I doubt Nill would go for that seeing how he values middle round picks. Maybe Flip, Tootoo, and our 1st???

#175 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

This Sunday, draft. Starts at 2pm IIRC. I will be working until 7pm. Once I get home, then I will be online tracking the picks.

#176 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

This Sunday, draft. Starts at 2pm IIRC. I will be working until 7pm. Once I get home, then I will be online tracking the picks.

I think it's 10am-2:30pm on NBCsn. All 7 rounds on one day.

#177 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think it's 10am-2:30pm on NBCsn. All 7 rounds on one day.

it starts at 3 according to my tv schedule...3-8....nhl network probably will cover it all

#178 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Domi

#179 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

it starts at 3 according to my tv schedule...3-8....nhl network probably will cover it all

I am wrong, 10-2:30 is the fan festival with some crappy band and stuff.

Edited by MasterPavel, 28 June 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#180 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

This will be our most interesting draft in many many years. Highest pick since the early 90's, full load of picks, and lots of teams looking to make deals. Is Letang in play? Ryan? A host of others of course. Do we move up? Move down and add picks? The next 60 hours will be fun!