• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Red Wings record with/without Quincey

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Since his arrival, the Wings are 17-33 when he plays. 10-5 when he sits.

The best GM in the league gave up a 1st rounder for him.

Problem is that he's a very limited player. Same problem with Ericsson. They create zero offense. Useless at the blue line. Quincey makes not many mistakes but is a little bit too lazy. We have better defensemen in our roster. Wanna see Kronwall/Lash, Kindl/DeKeyser, Smith/White or Colaiacovo.

Edited by poel

Not that I liked the trade for Quincey, but have you actually watched any games that Q has played in the second half of this season? He isn't the reason the team is losing.

He's one of the reasons why Wings PP doesn't work and he's one of the reasons why Wings don't score.

Last year, our defense lead the league in goals. I know we don't have Lidstrom, but it wasn't just him. Others chipped in.

This year, our defense hasn't been able to contribute offensively. Quincey and Smith have 1 freaking goal between them! :bad:

Detroits record is 27-38 since he arrived? Shurely shum mishtake?

Edit: Or are you including shoot-outs as well? Clearly, its all Quincey's fault that we're 2-5 in shootouts this year?

Edited by Nev

Last year, our defense lead the league in goals. I know we don't have Lidstrom, but it wasn't just him. Others chipped in.

This year, our defense hasn't been able to contribute offensively. Quincey and Smith have 1 freaking goal between them! :bad:

We also lost Stuart, of course. He wasn't a big producer, but his stability allowed Kronwall to get his career high 15 goals.

Guest The Axe

Well - I cannot argue with the facts you provided...

That said - Holland would've traded away that 1st rounded for an additional 2nd/3rd round picks, and would've used those picks on Emmerton clones...

Holland's only excuse is that Quincey was playing better while a member on other teams...Also he has a bad habbit of picking up players whom were once Red Wings in the past (see Bertuzzi, and Sammuelson).

Good point...

Stewie's best years were in Detroit; a solid stay @ home Dman.

Other than the Stanley Cup he cost us. Stuart is mediocre.

That stat certainly doesn't reflect well, though of course the absence/presence of other players are going to overlap with his.

I think what's most startling is just how much his production has dropped off compared to the years he had a way from Detroit. In the 4 previous seasons with LA / COL, he was producing at about 0.5 points per game. Now he's at about 0.1 points per game. I suppose it's possible that those teams didn't ask as much of him, defensively, which might also explain some of his nasty habits and bonehead decision making in the D zone.

I can't say I watched him play outside of DET, so whether it should have been apparent to the Wings organization that there were flaws in his game, I'm not sure. But if he were still producing at that 0.5 rate right now we would all be very impressed with the deal to bring him here.

I guess the question for me is: why has his production dropped so much, and is there a way to enable improvements? Because obviously he has the ability to do more, at least offensively.

Guest irishock

Detroits record is 27-38 since he arrived? Shurely shum mishtake?

Edit: Or are you including shoot-outs as well? Clearly, its all Quincey's fault that we're 2-5 in shootouts this year?

DId you forget that HORRIBLE final 30 games of the season last year? We were frickin' 41-19 and finished with 48 wins for the year, and just 1 in the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

He's one of the reasons why Wings PP doesn't work and he's one of the reasons why Wings don't score.

Are you watching the games? He's sixth on the PP depth chart, behind Smith, Kindl, Kronwall, White, and Brunner. He barely plays there anymore.

I wonder how many of the people whining about him here were among those who castigated Holland for giving him up in the first place.

Probably quite a few.

Are you watching the games? He's sixth on the PP depth chart, behind Smith, Kindl, Kronwall, White, and Brunner. He barely plays there anymore.

I wonder how many of the people whining about him here were among those who castigated Holland for giving him up in the first place.

Probably quite a few.

I castigated Holland for letting Quincey go, and keeping Meech and Lebda instead.

At the same time, I thought trading him for a 1st was crazy. So did you if I'm not mistaken?

Guest DeGraa55

So combined were 27-38? I think the problem is THE TEAM. Besides Howard everyone can be blamed but I don't blame the players. Is it clearys fault he gets top 6 mins? Is it kronwalls fault he needs to be a number 1 when he is not? Is it DAT or z fault that they can't carry the team alone past their prime? Is it Tatar and Nyquist fault they're in the minors most of season?

And the list goes on....not one single person is to blame. Babs and Holland and the players all deserve the blame. But more so babs and Holland. Quincey and franzen and cleary are not bad guys or players. They're put into a bad situation. I dislike franzen a lot its no secret. But even he isn't put into the beat situation to succeed.

He doesn't put up points because no one that he passes to can finish. From the games I've watched, he seems to be one of the more responsible defensemen in his own zone. I assume that he was brought in to play defense first and to help contribute offensively, but when practically NO ONE is producing, it's hard to blame Quincey for the lack of production.

That said, I don't think he was worth a first-rounder, but he's not the reason the Wings aren't winning. Anyone notice Ericsson turn the puck over time after time when trying to get out of the D-zone?

I castigated Holland for letting Quincey go, and keeping Meech and Lebda instead.

At the same time, I thought trading him for a 1st was crazy. So did you if I'm not mistaken?

Exactly.

It's not like the two are mutually exclusive.

Losing an NHL defenseman for nothing and keeping two marginal players who washed out of the NHL over him does not mean you have to be excited Holland gave up a #1 pick to get him back.

I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Please refresh my memory as to how he cost us a series?

If I remember correctly - didn't he cough up the puck just past (or around) our blueline, a Pen skated in, and wristed a shot over Ozzie's shoulder?

Stuart played well for us during those Finals runs, but he did screw us in that game 7. He was responsible for both goals the Pens scored.

It's impossible for me to forget that, being the most disappointing loss I've ever seen the Wings take.

Guest Crymson

Stuart played well for us during those Finals runs, but he did screw us in that game 7. He was responsible for both goals the Pens scored.

It's impossible for me to forget that, being the most disappointing loss I've ever seen the Wings take.

Ya, he was responsible for the other Wings in the slot not challenging Malkin, and for Osgood completely blowing his angle on the Talbot goal.

Believe it or not, hockey is a team game.

See Q's stats. 17 giveaways. That's too much for a low risk defensemen who's useless in the offense. Only 6 takeaways and 22 hits.

Same with Ericsson. Does nothing for our offense but produced 24 giveaways. Only Kindl and Datsjuk, players who create a lot of offense produced more.

I'm sorry but why are these guys still playin? They aren't 24 like Smith who also has terrible stats. I really know that stats don't tell everythin about a player but these numbers just underline what I saw from them this season.

Edited by poel