• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Red Wings record with/without Quincey

Rate this topic

See Q's stats. 17 giveaways. That's too much for a low risk defensemen who's useless in the offense. Only 6 takeaways and 22 hits.

Same with Ericsson. Does nothing for our offense but produced 24 giveaways. Only Kindl and Datsjuk, players who create a lot of offense produced more.

I'm sorry but why are these guys still playin? They aren't 24 like Smith who also has terrible stats. I really know that stats don't tell everythin about a player but these numbers just underline what I saw from them this season.

That's why stats don't tell everything. Especially takeaway giveaway which is influenced by how much a guy is carrying the puck and also just the randomness of what constitutes a true giveaway. If a D man fires the puck up the glass to center ice that's not usually considered a giveaway even though the other team ends up with possession, where a D man can make an outlet pass from his own zone, the guy receiving it can't handle the pass and turns it over, suddently it's a givewaway.

Kindl has been very good offensively but a disaster in his own end lately. Ericsson mostly solid and the only realy physical d man they have. Quincey has been, well, Quincey. And as you mention Smith is a rookie.

Why are these guys still playing? Who would you put in for them?

So combined were 27-38? I think the problem is THE TEAM. Besides Howard everyone can be blamed but I don't blame the players. Is it clearys fault he gets top 6 mins? Is it kronwalls fault he needs to be a number 1 when he is not? Is it DAT or z fault that they can't carry the team alone past their prime? Is it Tatar and Nyquist fault they're in the minors most of season?

And the list goes on....not one single person is to blame. Babs and Holland and the players all deserve the blame. But more so babs and Holland. Quincey and franzen and cleary are not bad guys or players. They're put into a bad situation. I dislike franzen a lot its no secret. But even he isn't put into the beat situation to succeed.

The players have to find a way to produce, win, play to their potential.

They obviously can't count on getting any help from "above."

Edited by Dabura

who will we blame next?

After Holland I blame Jimmy D & ultimately Mr. I (who I respect and appreciate). The people evaluating Holland are the ultimate stewards of the brand & the acceptance of the GM's philosophies.

As much fun ans it is to hate on Q, he is not the problem. Last season, coming down the stretch we were terrible. But then again, Nicky was hurt, Helm was hurt, datsyuk and z were playing hurt etc...... How is that on Q? it isn't. This year, after the first 10 games or so our D has been playing well. As a group not to bad at all. In fact, as of today we are 8th in the NHL is goals allowed. Top 10! That is great!

It is the other side that we are having our issues. We can't score. As of today we are 26th in goals scored! That is pure 100% crap! Every forward on the team is to blame for this. So are the coaches, the front office, and to some degree the Dmen who pass the puck.

As much fun ans it is to hate on Q, he is not the problem. Last season, coming down the stretch we were terrible. But then again, Nicky was hurt, Helm was hurt, datsyuk and z were playing hurt etc...... How is that on Q? it isn't. This year, after the first 10 games or so our D has been playing well. As a group not to bad at all. In fact, as of today we are 8th in the NHL is goals allowed. Top 10! That is great!

It is the other side that we are having our issues. We can't score. As of today we are 26th in goals scored! That is pure 100% crap! Every forward on the team is to blame for this. So are the coaches, the front office, and to some degree the Dmen who pass the puck.

It's hard to create offense without the support of the D. Ericsson and Quincey are always playing safety first but they produce giveaways though. They are terrible puck movers and handlers plus they seem to be afraid of the blue line. Kindl and Kronwall are the only ones who support their teammates regularly. Smith and DeKeyser are at least trying to do it.

Edited by poel

Guest Crymson

After Holland I blame Jimmy D & ultimately Mr. I (who I respect and appreciate). The people evaluating Holland are the ultimate stewards of the brand & the acceptance of the GM's philosophies.

Firing the most successful active GM in the league would be very bad business.

Guest Crymson

And Stuart was probably a top 30 dman in the league during his years in Detroit and would be, depending on how much you rate Kronwall's presence, the best dman on this team right now.

I don't think that's true either. Stuart and Kronwall complemented each other well because they had opposite skillsets. Stuart is one-dimensional. Ten years ago, when he was still able to put up points, he was perhaps a top-30 defenseman, but probably not. Now he doesn't produce offensively, and he was clearly in decline in his last two seasons with Detroit. Physical defensemen are only rarely able to keep their game at a steady pace into their 30s.

seriously. Quincey. singlehanded.

I've read somewhere there was a research that shows that those who takes frequent short break during working hours develope lung cancer as twice as often that those who dont.

funny :)

Edited by ami