• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

4/22 GDT: Coyotes 0 @ Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Good win, I really wanted revenge from Phoenix after losing that game in their building last time we met. Wednesday is gonna be scary though. Three more wins.

Edited by SimonSin

Ah still say he's a warrior. :thumbs-up: He skates harder than most - which is one of the reasons he's down the ice quicker than most; and he's one of the few I think who's playing pretty much up to his ability.

I'm sorry but I disagree with everything you say. It seems like he gives up the puck faster and easier than anyone else on the ice, but to each there own

Loved the win. Abby (who I've dogged up until recently) really has started to look good. Franzen at center is a good move as well. Also the Brunner/Nyquist combo is lethal

The offense finally showed up and they needed to but the effort was not the best, if not for Howard that game could have turned quickly. I guess the Wings deserve one like that after all the bad luck they have had recently but the turnovers and terrible penalties have to be kept to a minimum to win these last 3 games.

Was at the game. Very entertaining game. Howard was great! Brunner and nyquist are lethal! With they had helm between them. Fil was definitely better. He was hat on the puck and had a lot of good scoring chances.

And wow Danny D is the real deal! I can't believe how good this kid really is! Honestly think he has 1st pairing potential as a shutdown guy! Wow he is good

The offense finally showed up and they needed to but the effort was not the best, if not for Howard that game could have turned quickly. I guess the Wings deserve one like that after all the bad luck they have had recently but the turnovers and terrible penalties have to be kept to a minimum to win these last 3 games.

While there were some big saves by Howard, I don't think Phoenix looked all that great. We still need some even strength scoring though, so it could have been very different if not for the PP being near perfect tonight.

Guest The Axe

Is it me or does Kindl look 5 times better next to Bigguns than he does next to anyone else? Dekeyser is the real deal.

Is it me or does Kindl look 5 times better next to Bigguns than he does next to anyone else? Dekeyser is the real deal.

Not to take anything away from kindl cause he's playing great and progressing real well. But like you said dekeyser is the real deal. He's gonna be a top pairing shutdown guy very soon

Media: Is it important to see them understand how important this streak is?

Babcock: Well, they're big boys. I mean they understand what's going on more than anybody. They make their living here, and they got a lot of pride wearing the sweater ... Just because people on the outside that don't live here don't see it the same way doesn't change the way we think. We're a different team than we've been--that doesn't mean we're not working or competing.

Guest The Axe

Media: Is it important to see them understand how important this streak is?

Babcock: Well, they're big boys. I mean they understand what's going on more than anybody. They make their living here, and they got a lot of pride wearing the sweater ... Just because people on the outside that don't live here don't see it the same way doesn't change the way we think. We're a different team than we've been--that doesn't mean we're not working or competing.

Blah blah blah. Just win.

The effort was outstanding !!! Wow. How anyone could complain about the effort level... everyone was hustling like it was a Game 7, throwing hits (wow Abby) and blocking shots. All I can really complain about is Cleary and Smith taking some penalties but that's not an effort problem.

And Franzen has been one of our best players lately. He was a beast tonight.

What I saw tonight is basically the team that I've known we can be all season, but I was beginning to doubt it was going to show up. I hope we can play like this the rest of the way, but even if we don't make the playoffs I'm so happy we got to see the potential of this group.

Remove Cleary for Tatar and add Helm and this would be a very nice lineup.

This could be taken the wrong way but DeKe kind of reminds me of a younger faster Lidstrom. For the age and experience of him, he has great positioning, great stick work and seems to make the smart easy play resulting in a solid defensive defensemen. If he continues to make other players better just by being partnered with them, that could be another similarity. Not to get carried away or anything here but so far so good for Dekeyser

This could be taken the wrong way but DeKe kind of reminds me of a younger faster Lidstrom. For the age and experience of him, he has great positioning, great stick work and seems to make the smart easy play resulting in a solid defensive defensemen. If he continues to make other players better just by being partnered with them, that could be another similarity. Not to get carried away or anything here but so far so good for Dekeyser

The perfect-er human?

He has better flow than lidstrom ever did... Imagine lidstrom with flow haha photoshop assignment anyone?

Edit: just checked, if you type nick lidstrom into google images and scroll down to about the 90th image, there's a picture of dekeyser!

Edited by wingsfan4795

Franzen has definitely gone into beast mode these past few games. Have to wonder with how good he's looking at center whether or not that gives Kenny a little more leverage in negotiating Flip down from the $5m+ he's supposedly looking for on an extension given that they have a new option for 2nd line center if they want Z & Dats together.

Missed the game but saw a dream where Wings won 4-0. :blink:

Good to see pp working and Brunner and Filppula each getting a goal. Looks like Abby was running over people there, nice. And of course Jimmy with a shutout! :w00t:

Guest RedWingsDad

that's the kind of stupid s*** that could just rally teams to play harder to "stick it to them".

pretty childish and unnecessary.

From where I'm standing, that's totally and completely awesome.

Were we watching the same game?

Mule had a great game. Dats was fairly mediocre tonight for him.

Yeah, I was impressed with Franzen... not so much that he was amazing (though he was pretty darn good) but because he actually tried. More than once I seen him all out hustle, which is definitely a rare event.

I have complained a lot about Franzen (I feel justifiably) but last night was the type of game I would like to see from him all the time.

Regardless of the two goals, I know those are important, but the rest of his game last night was on a level he does not (IMO) often reach.

Solid hits, great positioning on both ends of the ice, an active stick, he was in MULE mode last night!