• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

4/22 GDT: Coyotes 0 @ Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Dekeyser has played less than 10 NHL games. Anyone comparing him to Lidstrom needs to just stop. That's absurd. Lidstrom was a 4 tool player with his only weak spot being he couldn't fight. Dekeyser is a 2 tool player and a damn good one, but get back to me when he has ONE piece of hardware.

Dekeyser has played less than 10 NHL games. Anyone comparing him to Lidstrom needs to just stop. That's absurd. Lidstrom was a 4 tool player with his only weak spot being he couldn't fight. Dekeyser is a 2 tool player and a damn good one, but get back to me when he has ONE piece of hardware.

I love DeKeyser, and I think he plays well. People will want to compare him to Lidstrom, but it's not a fair comparison. Lidstrom excelled at defense and offense. DeKeyser is a defensive rolled defensemen, he's not going to be an offensive powerhouse like Lidstrom was. We can compare him that he plays a clean defensive game, and that makes us happy. DeKeyser will be a great defensemen, the more he gets used to the league, the better he will get.

One thing I may ask you Axe, you're very selective with your reasoning on some players. Mrazek with all of 2 games should be our starter, the next dynasty goalie, etc but you want to tell people to shut it down with a 10 game sample on DeKeyser?

Guest The Axe

I love DeKeyser, and I think he plays well. People will want to compare him to Lidstrom, but it's not a fair comparison. Lidstrom excelled at defense and offense. DeKeyser is a defensive rolled defensemen, he's not going to be an offensive powerhouse like Lidstrom was. We can compare him that he plays a clean defensive game, and that makes us happy. DeKeyser will be a great defensemen, the more he gets used to the league, the better he will get.

One thing I may ask you Axe, you're very selective with your reasoning on some players. Mrazek with all of 2 games should be our starter, the next dynasty goalie, etc but you want to tell people to shut it down with a 10 game sample on DeKeyser?

No way. Love the kid. But I didn't start making Jacques Plante comparisons with Mrazek after his first win, did I? I just said this guy is good enough for me to be our #1, so save the 4 mil we expended on Howard for something else.

We basically ended Phoenix's playoff dreams last night. They need Dallas, Detroit, olumbus to lose out and for Phoenix to win out.

Considering Dallas and Detroit square off on Saturday, I don't think it's possible for all those teams to lose out. Last night was it for them.

Or you could just not chime in when people compare them. In my post I specifically used phrases like "kind of" and "not to get carried away" because obviously he isn't the next Lidstrom but the way he plays defense is reminding me of a way Lidstrom did. If it's going to bother you every time Lids name is in the same sentence as an up and coming defensemen with potential, then you are on the wrong forum my friend.

i am stunned and then again not.... franzen has one good game and he is the power forward we wanted since

Shanny was in his prime

good game. much needed

i just noticed i have a warming post and no clue when this happened...lol

Edited by Spongewingredpants

Considering Dallas and Detroit square off on Saturday, I don't think it's possible for all those teams to lose out. Last night was it for them.

Not to mention that Columbus also plays Dallas so definately not a way in for Phoenix.

That game I will be watching with a lot of interest, I think we probably need Dallas to win that but for the love of god no 3 point game!

I still think we have to win the 3 remaining games to make the playoffs which is a tough ask the way we have been playing (this game aside) but I still hold out hope!

Not to mention that Columbus also plays Dallas so definately not a way in for Phoenix.

That game I will be watching with a lot of interest, I think we probably need Dallas to win that but for the love of god no 3 point game!

I still think we have to win the 3 remaining games to make the playoffs which is a tough ask the way we have been playing (this game aside) but I still hold out hope!

dallas has us beat on the tie breaker, columbus not so much, so I will root for the one that makes the most sense at that time.

True that. I was looking at the standings and we need to win tomorrow, then Dallas to beat BJs in regulation, and then we need to win against Trashville. Then the boys need to tear it up (while I'm there) in Dallas to solidify our spot. I'm already a nervous wreck, I'm going to be in a terrible state on Saturday. If they don't win and don't get in the tourney, we're going to tear up Dallas on Saturday night.

Mule can be better, he has 30 goal potential. Tonight he was excellent thanks to Dats

Thanks to Dats? Wtf. Datsyuk played decent but Franzen had a good game on his own, if anything a good shot from Brunner (pass from Hank) for the deflection. Datsyuk didnt even play with franzen on a line... Let's give people credit for their own doings... Btw I'm not even a franzen fan but just sayin..

DeKe and Kader = impressive

Dats = amazing

Francine = can be better

Um no.

Edited by kickazz

Franzen has definitely gone into beast mode these past few games. Have to wonder with how good he's looking at center whether or not that gives Kenny a little more leverage in negotiating Flip down from the $5m+ he's supposedly looking for on an extension given that they have a new option for 2nd line center if they want Z & Dats together.

I was thinking the same thing. If Fil leaves, Mule seems more than capable of being our 2nd line center.

I didn't get many pics last night, but this one didn't turn out too half bad...

59624_10151542238103972_277940157_n.jpg

Not bad for shooting from across the ice. Sometimes you get lucky...

Guest The Axe

Or you could just not chime in when people compare them. In my post I specifically used phrases like "kind of" and "not to get carried away" because obviously he isn't the next Lidstrom but the way he plays defense is reminding me of a way Lidstrom did. If it's going to bother you every time Lids name is in the same sentence as an up and coming defensemen with potential, then you are on the wrong forum my friend.

Its just a terrible comparison. Dekeyser doesn't play like Lidstrom at all. In either end. Lidstrom was #1 at using his great skating and hockey sense to be in the right position. After he got there, he was the best poke checker the game has ever seen. After the turnover or change of possession, his outlet passes were flawless. Dekeyser plays well positionally, is a good skater, and is a big body. You can't go thru him or around him brlecause of these reasons. Not because he's gonna knock the puck off your stick and get it going the other way before you can blink. I'm sorry. I share your enthusiasm for Dekeyser, but comparing him to Lidstrom is like comparing Chris Bosh to Wilt Chamberlain. Edited by The Axe

Its just a terrible comparison. Dekeyser doesn't play like Lidstrom at all. In either end. Lidstrom was #1 at using his great skating and hockey sense to be in the right position. After he got there, he was the best poke checker the game has ever seen. After the turnover or change of possession, his outlet passes were flawless. Dekeyser plays well positionally, is a good skater, and is a big body. You can't go thru him or around him brlecause of these reasons. Not because he's gonna knock the puck off your stick and get it going the other way before you can blink. I'm sorry. I share your enthusiasm for Dekeyser, but comparing him to Lidstrom is like comparing Chris Bosh to Wilt Chamberlain.

Dekeyser's outlet passes have been pretty damn good so far. I've rarely even seen the other team even get a stick on his first pass out of the zone. He has also shown great hockey sense by shooting pucks wide purposely trying to get rebounds off the end boards just like Lids used to do all the time. His positioning is also very good for a rookie and positioning is what kept Lidstrom from getting in trouble. Dekeyser sure looked good using his stick on Doan to avoid an empty net chance last night too. All I'm saying is there are similarities. Maybe only a few, but there are. Like I said, this is a Red Wings forum. Most people are going to like to compare a promising defenseman to the best defensemen this franchise has ever had no matter how outrageous the comparison might be. It's like people trying to say Suter would be Lidstrom's replacement this past off season. It's just going to happen.