468 replies to this topic

#421 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

who would have thought anyone would be saying something good about danny cleary

Ah still say he's a warrior. :thumbs-up:  He skates harder than most - which is one of the reasons he's down the ice quicker than most; and he's one of the few I think who's playing pretty much up to his ability.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#422 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

DeKe and Kader = impressive
Dats = amazing
Francine = can be better

Were we watching the same game?

Mule had a great game. Dats was fairly mediocre tonight for him.

#423 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Now there is no more excuses about coming back from West coast trips. 

#424 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Booyah! Now lets take it to the preds with this same mentality!!!

Can we take care of the Kings first please? 

#425 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Can we all agree that the line-up should stay the same for the Kings on Wedensday?

#426 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can we all agree that the line-up should stay the same for the Kings on Wedensday?

If the Wings didn't play Quincey the score would be like 25-0. 

#427 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Good win, I really wanted revenge from Phoenix after losing that game in their building last time we met. Wednesday is gonna be scary though. Three more wins.

Edited by SimonSin, 22 April 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#428 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Ah still say he's a warrior. :thumbs-up:  He skates harder than most - which is one of the reasons he's down the ice quicker than most; and he's one of the few I think who's playing pretty much up to his ability.  

I'm sorry but I disagree with everything you say.  It seems like he gives up the puck faster and easier than anyone else on the ice, but to each there own

Loved the win.  Abby (who I've dogged up until recently) really has started to look good. Franzen at center is a good move as well.  Also the Brunner/Nyquist combo is lethal

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#429 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

The offense finally showed up and they needed to but the effort was not the best, if not for Howard that game could have turned quickly. I guess the Wings deserve one like that after all the bad luck they have had recently but the turnovers and terrible penalties have to be kept to a minimum to win these last 3 games.

#430 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Was at the game. Very entertaining game. Howard was great! Brunner and nyquist are lethal! With they had helm between them. Fil was definitely better. He was hat on the puck and had a lot of good scoring chances.

And wow Danny D is the real deal! I can't believe how good this kid really is! Honestly think he has 1st pairing potential as a shutdown guy! Wow he is good

#431 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

The offense finally showed up and they needed to but the effort was not the best, if not for Howard that game could have turned quickly. I guess the Wings deserve one like that after all the bad luck they have had recently but the turnovers and terrible penalties have to be kept to a minimum to win these last 3 games.

While there were some big saves by Howard, I don't think Phoenix looked all that great. We still need some even strength scoring though, so it could have been very different if not for the PP being near perfect tonight. 

#432 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Is it me or does Kindl look 5 times better next to Bigguns than he does next to anyone else? Dekeyser is the real deal.

#433 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Is it me or does Kindl look 5 times better next to Bigguns than he does next to anyone else? Dekeyser is the real deal.

Not to take anything away from kindl cause he's playing great and progressing real well. But like you said dekeyser is the real deal. He's gonna be a top pairing shutdown guy very soon

#434 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Media: Is it important to see them understand how important this streak is?

Babcock: Well, they're big boys. I mean they understand what's going on more than anybody. They make their living here, and they got a lot of pride wearing the sweater ... Just because people on the outside that don't live here don't see it the same way doesn't change the way we think. We're a different team than we've been--that doesn't mean we're not working or competing.

#435 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

Media: Is it important to see them understand how important this streak is?

Babcock: Well, they're big boys. I mean they understand what's going on more than anybody. They make their living here, and they got a lot of pride wearing the sweater ... Just because people on the outside that don't live here don't see it the same way doesn't change the way we think. We're a different team than we've been--that doesn't mean we're not working or competing.

Blah blah blah. Just win.

#436 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

The effort was outstanding !!! Wow. How anyone could complain about the effort level... everyone was hustling like it was a Game 7, throwing hits (wow Abby) and blocking shots. All I can really complain about is Cleary and Smith taking some penalties but that's not an effort problem.

And Franzen has been one of our best players lately. He was a beast tonight.

What I saw tonight is basically the team that I've known we can be all season, but I was beginning to doubt it was going to show up. I hope we can play like this the rest of the way, but even if we don't make the playoffs I'm so happy we got to see the potential of this group.

Remove Cleary for Tatar and add Helm and this would be a very nice lineup.

#437 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

This could be taken the wrong way but DeKe kind of reminds me of a younger faster Lidstrom. For the age and experience of him, he has great positioning,  great stick work and seems to make the smart easy play resulting in a solid defensive defensemen. If he continues to make other players better just by being partnered with them, that could be another similarity. Not to get carried away or anything here but so far so good for Dekeyser

#438 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

This could be taken the wrong way but DeKe kind of reminds me of a younger faster Lidstrom. For the age and experience of him, he has great positioning,  great stick work and seems to make the smart easy play resulting in a solid defensive defensemen. If he continues to make other players better just by being partnered with them, that could be another similarity. Not to get carried away or anything here but so far so good for Dekeyser

The perfect-er human?
He has better flow than lidstrom ever did... Imagine lidstrom with flow haha photoshop assignment anyone?

Edit: just checked, if you type nick lidstrom into google images and scroll down to about the 90th image, there's a picture of dekeyser!

Edited by wingsfan4795, 23 April 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#439 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

8d7e18b78b1868538ef70657cdc56f81-cameron

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#440 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Glad to hear we won.

Keep up the good work Wings

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.