468 replies to this topic

#441 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Were we watching the same game?

Mule had a great game. Dats was fairly mediocre tonight for him.

Mule can be better, he has 30 goal potential. Tonight he was excellent thanks to Dats
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#442 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Franzen has definitely gone into beast mode these past few games.  Have to wonder with how good he's looking at center whether or not that gives Kenny a little more leverage in negotiating Flip down from the $5m+ he's supposedly looking for on an extension given that they have a new option for 2nd line center if they want Z & Dats together.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#443 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Missed the game but saw a dream where Wings won 4-0. :blink:

Good to see pp working and Brunner and Filppula each getting a goal. Looks like Abby was running over people there, nice. And of course Jimmy with a shutout! :w00t:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#444 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

This season: four games played on Monday = four wins.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#445 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Nice win, now  focus on the Kings.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#446 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Yes nicely done against a sort of nowhere team in the Yotes. 2 points though was BIG for us obviously.

Now let's see if we can make some noise vs the Kings.

LGW!!!

#447 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

We basically ended Phoenix's playoff dreams last night. They need Dallas, Detroit, olumbus to lose out and for Phoenix to win out.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#448 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

that's the kind of stupid s*** that could just rally teams to play harder to "stick it to them".

pretty childish and unnecessary.

From where I'm standing, that's totally and completely awesome.

Were we watching the same game?

Mule had a great game. Dats was fairly mediocre tonight for him.

Yeah, I was impressed with Franzen... not so much that he was amazing (though he was pretty darn good) but because he actually tried. More than once I seen him all out hustle, which is definitely a rare event.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#449 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have complained a lot about Franzen (I feel justifiably) but last night was the type of game I would like to see from him all the time.

Regardless of the two goals, I know those are important, but the rest of his game last night was on a level he does not (IMO) often reach.

Solid hits, great positioning on both ends of the ice, an active stick, he was in MULE mode last night!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#450 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Wow what a game last night!! Big 2 points that was needed. I must say, I was very impressed with how Mule and Abby played last night.

IPB Image

#451 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Dekeyser has played less than 10 NHL games. Anyone comparing him to Lidstrom needs to just stop. That's absurd. Lidstrom was a 4 tool player with his only weak spot being he couldn't fight. Dekeyser is a 2 tool player and a damn good one, but get back to me when he has ONE piece of hardware.

#452 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Dekeyser has played less than 10 NHL games. Anyone comparing him to Lidstrom needs to just stop. That's absurd. Lidstrom was a 4 tool player with his only weak spot being he couldn't fight. Dekeyser is a 2 tool player and a damn good one, but get back to me when he has ONE piece of hardware.

I love DeKeyser, and I think he plays well. People will want to compare him to Lidstrom, but it's not a fair comparison. Lidstrom excelled at defense and offense. DeKeyser is a defensive rolled defensemen, he's not going to be an offensive powerhouse like Lidstrom was. We can compare him that he plays a clean defensive game, and that makes us happy. DeKeyser will be a great defensemen, the more he gets used to the league, the better he will get.

One thing I may ask you Axe, you're very selective with your reasoning on some players. Mrazek with all of 2 games should be our starter, the next dynasty goalie, etc but you want to tell people to shut it down with a 10 game sample on DeKeyser? 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#453 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

I love DeKeyser, and I think he plays well. People will want to compare him to Lidstrom, but it's not a fair comparison. Lidstrom excelled at defense and offense. DeKeyser is a defensive rolled defensemen, he's not going to be an offensive powerhouse like Lidstrom was. We can compare him that he plays a clean defensive game, and that makes us happy. DeKeyser will be a great defensemen, the more he gets used to the league, the better he will get.

One thing I may ask you Axe, you're very selective with your reasoning on some players. Mrazek with all of 2 games should be our starter, the next dynasty goalie, etc but you want to tell people to shut it down with a 10 game sample on DeKeyser? 

No way. Love the kid. But I didn't start making Jacques Plante comparisons with Mrazek after his first win, did I? I just said this guy is good enough for me to be our #1, so save the 4 mil we expended on Howard for something else.

#454 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

We basically ended Phoenix's playoff dreams last night. They need Dallas, Detroit, olumbus to lose out and for Phoenix to win out.

Considering Dallas and Detroit square off on Saturday, I don't think it's possible for all those teams to lose out.  Last night was it for them.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#455 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

FInally.  Playoff Mule is here.  Ride the Mule to the playoffs!

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#456 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Or you could just not chime in when people compare them. In my post I specifically used phrases like "kind of" and "not to get carried away" because obviously he isn't the next Lidstrom but the way he plays defense is reminding me of a way Lidstrom did. If it's going to bother you every time Lids name is in the same sentence as an up and coming defensemen with potential, then you are on the wrong forum my friend.

#457 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Blade Brunner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

i am stunned and then again not.... franzen has one good game and he is the power forward we wanted since

Shanny was in his prime

good game. much needed

i just noticed i have a warming post and no clue when this happened...lol

Edited by Spongewingredpants, 23 April 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Bring back No. 91

#458 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Considering Dallas and Detroit square off on Saturday, I don't think it's possible for all those teams to lose out.  Last night was it for them.

Not to mention that Columbus also plays Dallas so definately not a way in for Phoenix.

That game I will be watching with a lot of interest, I think we probably need Dallas to win that but for the love of god no 3 point game!

I still think we have to win the 3 remaining games to make the playoffs which is a tough ask the way we have been playing (this game aside) but I still hold out hope!

#459 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Not to mention that Columbus also plays Dallas so definately not a way in for Phoenix.

That game I will be watching with a lot of interest, I think we probably need Dallas to win that but for the love of god no 3 point game!

I still think we have to win the 3 remaining games to make the playoffs which is a tough ask the way we have been playing (this game aside) but I still hold out hope!

dallas has us beat on the tie breaker, columbus not so much, so I will root for the one that makes the most sense at that time.

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#460 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

True that.  I was looking at the standings and we need to win tomorrow, then Dallas to beat BJs in regulation, and then we need to win against Trashville.  Then the boys need to tear it up (while I'm there) in Dallas to solidify our spot.  I'm already a nervous wreck, I'm going to be in a terrible state on Saturday.  If they don't win and don't get in the tourney, we're going to tear up Dallas on Saturday night.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0