• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#461 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

so I will root for the one that makes the most sense at that time.

agreed.  too many scenarios right now.  Minnesota ain't outta the woods yet either.

naked is a state of mind

#462 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

I brush my teeth like Lidstrom.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#463 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Mule can be better, he has 30 goal potential. Tonight he was excellent thanks to Dats

Thanks to Dats? Wtf. Datsyuk played decent but Franzen had a good game on his own, if anything a good shot from Brunner (pass from Hank) for the deflection. Datsyuk didnt even play with franzen on a line... Let's give people credit for their own doings... Btw I'm not even a franzen fan but just sayin..

DeKe and Kader = impressive
Dats = amazing
Francine = can be better

Um no.

Edited by kickazz, 23 April 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#464 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Franzen has definitely gone into beast mode these past few games.  Have to wonder with how good he's looking at center whether or not that gives Kenny a little more leverage in negotiating Flip down from the $5m+ he's supposedly looking for on an extension given that they have a new option for 2nd line center if they want Z & Dats together.

I was thinking the same thing. If Fil leaves, Mule seems more than capable of being our 2nd line center.

#465 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Not negging Dats but if that cat hits the net this entire season.... I think we would already be safely in the PO. Heres hoping he hits net the rest of the way !

#466 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

I didn't get many pics last night, but this one didn't turn out too half bad...

59624_10151542238103972_277940157_n.jpg

Not bad for shooting from across the ice.  Sometimes you get lucky...

Posted Image

#467 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Or you could just not chime in when people compare them. In my post I specifically used phrases like "kind of" and "not to get carried away" because obviously he isn't the next Lidstrom but the way he plays defense is reminding me of a way Lidstrom did. If it's going to bother you every time Lids name is in the same sentence as an up and coming defensemen with potential, then you are on the wrong forum my friend.

Its just a terrible comparison. Dekeyser doesn't play like Lidstrom at all. In either end. Lidstrom was #1 at using his great skating and hockey sense to be in the right position. After he got there, he was the best poke checker the game has ever seen. After the turnover or change of possession, his outlet passes were flawless. Dekeyser plays well positionally, is a good skater, and is a big body. You can't go thru him or around him brlecause of these reasons. Not because he's gonna knock the puck off your stick and get it going the other way before you can blink. I'm sorry. I share your enthusiasm for Dekeyser, but comparing him to Lidstrom is like comparing Chris Bosh to Wilt Chamberlain.

Edited by The Axe, 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#468 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Its just a terrible comparison. Dekeyser doesn't play like Lidstrom at all. In either end. Lidstrom was #1 at using his great skating and hockey sense to be in the right position. After he got there, he was the best poke checker the game has ever seen. After the turnover or change of possession, his outlet passes were flawless. Dekeyser plays well positionally, is a good skater, and is a big body. You can't go thru him or around him brlecause of these reasons. Not because he's gonna knock the puck off your stick and get it going the other way before you can blink. I'm sorry. I share your enthusiasm for Dekeyser, but comparing him to Lidstrom is like comparing Chris Bosh to Wilt Chamberlain.

Dekeyser's outlet passes have been pretty damn good so far. I've rarely even seen the other team even get a stick on his first pass out of the zone. He has also shown great hockey sense by shooting pucks wide purposely trying to get rebounds off the end boards just like Lids used to do all the time. His positioning is also very good for a rookie and positioning is what kept Lidstrom from getting in trouble. Dekeyser sure looked good using his stick on Doan to avoid an empty net chance last night too. All I'm saying is there are similarities. Maybe only a few, but there are. Like I said, this is a Red Wings forum. Most people are going to like to compare a promising defenseman to the best defensemen this franchise has ever had no matter how outrageous the comparison might be. It's like people trying to say Suter would be Lidstrom's replacement this past off season. It's just going to happen.

#469 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Good recap from Helene St. James.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 24 April 2013 - 04:04 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke