• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

The Wings Are 16-0-2 When Scoring Three or More Goals

Rate this topic

This says to me that the Wing's defense and goal tending has been good overall....It's the offense that has been lacking.

I think about the Kings last year. Overall, good defense and goal tending but couldn't score. Come playoff time, their defense continued to play well but they were able to get timely goals to win tight games.

Edited by Ytsejam

interesting. You would think with the talented forwards we have, scoring would come more regularly. Unfortunately, I think our offensive problems are related more to the Defense's inability to break out of the zone cleanly.

Edited by cupforwings

I think our offensive problems are related more to the Defense's inability to break out of the zone cleanly.

Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Schneider, Chelios, Konstantinov, Fisher. The last 20 years the wings have had guys that were elite when it came to that first pass from the defensive zone, now that they are gone the wings are learning how to get the puck out differently and that will take a year or so to adjust to. Add in the fact that injuries really messed with team chemistry this year and I think that's why the offense has slumped this year.

Guest DeGraa55

So wait the facts show its not our d or our goalie that are the problems?? Dang who would've guessed. Where the Howard sucks fans at now? That's what I thought

Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Schneider, Chelios, Konstantinov, Fisher. The last 20 years the wings have had guys that were elite when it came to that first pass from the defensive zone, now that they are gone the wings are learning how to get the puck out differently and that will take a year or so to adjust to. Add in the fact that injuries really messed with team chemistry this year and I think that's why the offense has slumped this year.

this team could not score last playoffs either, so there's more to it than bad break out passing. The scoring is simply not good. I hope it will turn around with this win but I'm not holding my breath.

this team could not score last playoffs either, so there's more to it than bad break out passing. The scoring is simply not good. I hope it will turn around with this win but I'm not holding my breath.

We're too samey up front, IMHO. Come playoff time, every team knows how to shut down our top six.

But, with Abdelkader becoming a serviceable power-forward-type and Franzen heating up, we might actually score this postseason.

Unless we score more than 3 goals in these next three games.

I'm not holding my breath that we are breaking out of a "slump" in the scoring department.

What worries me is that we didn't score a single goal last night at even strength.

3 PPs and a Shorty (EN, you are technically shorthanded).

It's great that the Power Play rocked the house, but if the refs put the whistles in their pockets, then what?

Edited by FireCaptain

What worries me is that we didn't score a single goal last night at even strength.

3 PPs and a Shorty (EN, you are technically shorthanded).

It's great that the Power Play rocked the house, but if the refs put the whistles in their pockets, then what?

It was pretty even with the penalties last night.

As long as we keep the opposing team off the board, like we did last night, then it all comes down to puck luck, no?

...and there's no shoot-out in the playoffs, right?

As far as our scoring slump being broken... doesn't happen in my mind until Z has a goal or multiple assists in consecutive games.

What is league stats for teams that score 3 or more? Sure 16-0-2 is impressive but I bet that league stats will reveal that 90%+ win for any team that score 3 or more... Exception Philly

Comparing a couple other teams....

The Rangers are 19-3-1 when scoring 3 or more goals. 87%

Sharks are 20-4-1 when scoring 3 or more goals. 84%

Kings are 19-4-1 when scoring 3 or more goals. 83%

Blackhawks are 18-3 when scoring 3 or more goals . 85%

I would say that Detroit is in elite company just based on this sampling size. Its below the 90% you predicted. In fact, I was looking for a team other than the Wings that has over 90% when scoring 3 or more goals. So far, I haven't found one.

Edit:

Found one, the Pens! 28-2 at 93%

Edited by Nightfall