• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Someone needs to change "JIMMY HOWARD!" to "JIMMY...JI

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

They should chant just Howard instead. And I don't mean that ***** ***** Dwight Howard

Guest RedWingsDad

Yes. Someone contact the person in charge of spontaneous cheers.

The guy's getting some well-deserved love. I don't care if they yell James Russel Howard III, although it would probably be awkward.

I don't know if you meant this totally in jest but I think there is in-fact a guy in charge of spontaneous cheers that one could probably call.:P I notice at games there seems to be people strategically placed to start 'spontaneous' cheers. lol

And why not?

I'm not vehemently opposed to the idea. I just don't see it as a pressing need. Chants are a spontaneous event. For some reason people chose to go with "jimmy Howard". To change the chant now would seem like it's forced and for the purpose of nostalgia. I love the wings of past. I just don't think everything we do needs to be some sort of homage. We are a different team from when Ozzie played and we have a new identity. Plus, as HUGE Ozzie fan, it just wouldn't feel right.

I don't know if you meant this totally in jest but I think there is in-fact a guy in charge of spontaneous cheers that one could probably call. :P I notice at games there seems to be people strategically placed to start 'spontaneous' cheers. lol

It was in jest.

Those people are called "drunk loud-mouths". Hey, someone's gotta start it!

I've never been a fan of the full name chant, but whatever gets them amped up is good for me. Just like the 'Todd Bertuzzi', it sounds weird but it is what it is. I yell 'Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy' myself.

I'm not vehemently opposed to the idea. I just don't see it as a pressing need. Chants are a spontaneous event. For some reason people chose to go with "jimmy Howard". To change the chant now would seem like it's forced and for the purpose of nostalgia. I love the wings of past. I just don't think everything we do needs to be some sort of homage. We are a different team from when Ozzie played and we have a new identity. Plus, as HUGE Ozzie fan, it just wouldn't feel right.

I totally disagree.

I've never been a fan of the full name chant, but whatever gets them amped up is good for me. Just like the 'Todd Bertuzzi', it sounds weird but it is what it is. I yell 'Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy' myself.

I think the "Todd Bertuzzi" chant is awesome!!