• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Sorry I've been MIA the past few games. I regret to say that my grandfather passed away at age 83 after a few last tough weeks, today was his official visitation and tomorrow is the funeral. This being the first major death I've experienced in my family (though feeling blessed that it took nearly 24 years for this to happen), I've directed my attention to more important things than LGW.com as of late. 

And unfortunately, I'm experiencing problems with my laptop that contains the PhotoShop that I use to make the GDT's. Hopefully I'll have it fixed soon. Thanks for your understanding, LGW.com friends. 

- Mike

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

Sorry for your loss. I can't wait to have you back making the fancy GDT's but no rush. Family comes first and seeing as we won today, we shouldn't mess with the ju ju lol. Take care.

#3 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Sorry for your loss as well.  I lost my grandmother 2 years ago and it was the first major death I had to deal with as well.  Fortunately, with time these things get better.  Focus on your family, not this website.

#4 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hey, Mike -   I'm very sorry to read about your loss - not only for you but the rest of your family.  Meanwhile, you gotta do what's necessary to help yourself begin to heal.  I'm sending hugs to you from Texas.  Hang in there and we'll be blessed to have you back whenever you can return.   :thumbs-up:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#5 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Take all the time you need my friend. My condolences. 

#6 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Sorry for your loss. I think I speak for everyone when I say we miss you and hope for the best for you and your family.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#7 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Sorry for your loss. There's really no need for you to apologize for this. I know that you take your duty as unofficial GDT guy seriously, but for us they're a luxury rather than an entitlement.

Best wishes.

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

We love you, Mikey.  So sorry for your loss... come back when you can, and don't worry about GDTs.  We love them of course, but we care more about your.

Take care, check in when you can!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users