• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Bertuzzi not returning Wednesday vs Kings

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20130423/SPORTS05/304230122/1053/sports05?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Gonna need him. If I'm Babcock I'd insert Bert right into the Dats-Z line

Last night that line, especially Abby, played very well. I think Bert should take Cleary's spot on the second line for at least one game before the top line is split.

He'd be a huge boost. But none of the kids should sit, Cleary/Eaves/Tootoo would be the ones to sit. Somethings off with Toots lately, he hasn't been playing a hard physical brand. So to me it wouldn't even be a question, yes monitor his minutes, but Bert will bring alot to the line-up that we're missing.

Z - Dats - Kader

Franzen - FLip - Brunner

Nyquist - Andersson - Bert

Cleary - Emmerton - Tootoo

Eaves

It will probably be this, but maybe with Bert and Brunner switched. Brunner and Nyquist played really well together last night. We lose Eaves penalty killing, but I think they'll want tootoo against the physical Kings

Guest Crymson

I don't know. Bert hasn't played at all. No way he's up to a game speed level anywhere close to where the active players are.

I'm not strictly against it but I'd definitely be concerned.

He's been practicing for weeks now.

I want Bert back in the lineup sooo bad. I'd be very happy to have him in against the Kings. Cleary should sit but that seems like wishful thinking

If he comes back he needs to be in Abdelkader's "spot". Abdelkader after nearly a season with Dats is on pace for an impressive 20 point season (if the season was 82 games), which means, playing with Dats hes regressed from last seasons 22 points.