• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Bertuzzi not returning Wednesday vs Kings

Rate this topic

Yes, but he's terrible when he actually gets the puck. I was at the game vs. coyotes and Zetterberg set him up atleast 4 times and he completely failed to execute.. Another legitimate forward would have scored atleast once or twice that game. I agree with you that Abdelkader is doing a good job creating space, but this offseason he really needs to work on his puck protection and execution. Datsyuk and Z have set him up enough to make him a legitimate 20 goal scorer yet he sitting at "11 points" as Shane Doan said it..

Shane Doan has ZERO room to talk about anyone...for all of his 812 career points, he has ZERO Rings on his finger. I had hopes for him over the summer, but yet, he re-signed with that team that probably won't even be in PHX too much longer and his team is no closer to winning a Cup than they have ever been. Given the history, I will take Abby's Cup Ring (and another Cup appearance) over anything Doan has accomplished. When Doan gets a Ring, then he can talk all he wants.

In all honesty, please Mr. Babcock, no major changes with 3 games needed!!!! If you want to take Eaves out and put Bert in, fine, but please not both Bert and Sammy...that would screw up what little chemistry we have and we need to win these three games!!! Two for sure! Ok, if We win the next two and Dallas beats Columbus in regulation, then you can throw Sammy in on Sunday for some real game practice....thank you.

Cleary only played with Datsyuk and Abby for 7 or so games. Not most of the season. Abby has had plenty of opportunities to turn his 11 point season into a 25 point season. Face it, you're giving him way too much credit for scoring. I do agree that Abdelkader is creating space and helping datsyuk out in other aspects of the game such as physical play, but by no means has he done a good job with point production. I give him some legitimate credit that he has deserved, but not more than that. Now, should Bertuzzi replace Abderlkader? Maybe. Supposedly he's been practicing for a month now and bertz can be physical if he wanted to as well. On top of that Bert is a better goal scorer and has more finesse than Abby does. If Bert was truly healthy and has his A game then I would put him up over Abby any day. But if Bert isn't close to being a top liner then I would stick with Abby.

But it looks like Bertz expect to be on the 3rd line so that settles that.

I can agree with you on this....

Shane Doan has ZERO room to talk about anyone...for all of his 812 career points, he has ZERO Rings on his finger. I had hopes for him over the summer, but yet, he re-signed with that team that probably won't even be in PHX too much longer and his team is no closer to winning a Cup than they have ever been. Given the history, I will take Abby's Cup Ring (and another Cup appearance) over anything Doan has accomplished. When Doan gets a Ring, then he can talk all he wants.

There's many honorable players that won't have the ring to back things up, but it isn't a reflection of their play. Shane Doan is an outstanding player, has a huge heart, and loves the city he plays for. He's simply like Iggy when it comes to Phoenix, and unfortunately, he still got screwed over. He re-signed on terms that the Jamison deal was going down, and last I knew, that plan had fallen through again.

And besides, you gotta give it to Doan, that was an outstanding chirp. Abby was doing a good job all night getting under their skin. He was playing a more effective pest than i've seen Tootoo all season. The best part is that he was still doing his job while getting them pissed off. I don't think he would've fought Doan if Doan hadn't charged Datsyuk after the play.

Guest Playmaker

IMHO, we need ROW wins for the next three games, not Shoot outs. Seriously, unless he plans to come in next year and net 20-30 goals, I do not see a use for him anymore. Nothing personal, but we really do not need him. I am not saying that Abby will remain on Dats line, but he has done a pretty good job there once he got rolling. He has a career 9 goals in 45 games, over 80 that is 16 goals. That is pretty much what Bert has been putting up playing with Dats since he came back 4 years ago. Abby has less points but that has more to with Dats being the playmaker and the guy on the other side (ahem, Cleary, ahem, ahem) for most the season. If Dats kept Abby with him and had a shooter on the other side, Abby would fit there fine. He is a ton younger and makes less money than Bert and is less injury prone...so unless Bert intends to tear up the club nest year and net 20+ goals, I don't see a need for him, at least not enough to bump Abby down...I am 100% for the buyout or LTIR for next season...

ROW only matter if there is a tie. A shootout win is still 2 points and beats the hell out of a regulation loss or a Shootout loss. I'm not the biggest Bertuzzi fan, but he's got that knack in shootouts. Outside of Datsyuk, no one else can be counted on to score in the shootout.

Guest The Axe

Bertuzzi is 37% with 16 goals. Good enough for 42nd on the all time list. Pasha is #1.

True, he doesn't have a ring but Shane Doan was just calling it like he saw it. He didn't cuss out or swear at Abby he simply stated a fact. Abby was chirping away at one of the coyote's player and Shane Doan stood up for his teammate and told Abby he should be ashamed for having only 11 points with Z and D. Doan didn't really instigate anything he just got fed up with Abby running his mouth. And to be honest, Abby did shut up after that. He was sitting quietly in the penalty box lol.

Edited by kickazz

Guest Crymson

Samuelsson could be back in the lineup any time as well.

Babcock is choosing not to play him.

True, he doesn't have a ring but Shane Doan was just calling it like he saw it. He didn't cuss out or swear at Abby he simply stated a fact. Abby was chirping away at one of the coyote's player and Shane Doan stood up for his teammate and told Abby he should be ashamed for having only 11 points with Z and D. Doan didn't really instigate anything he just got fed up with Abby running his mouth. And to be honest, Abby did shut up after that. He was sitting quietly in the penalty box lol.

How do you know the Yotes player didn't in initiate the chirping? How do you know Doan didn't swear at Abby thoughout the game? Have you ever seen Abby chirp from the penalty box in other circumstances?

Doan was upset his team was being outplayed, and his team was being physically pushed around by Abby. Doan selfishly took himself off the ice for four minutes (could have been more if the fight got going), and put his team short handed, in a game that the Yotes needed to win to keep their playoffs hopes alive.

If Abby is getting under the skin of the other team's best player, he is doing his job well.

Guest Crymson

Cleary only played with Datsyuk and Abby for 7 or so games. Not most of the season. Abby has had plenty of opportunities to turn his 11 point season into a 25 point season. Face it, you're giving him way too much credit for scoring. I do agree that Abdelkader is creating space and helping datsyuk out in other aspects of the game such as physical play, but by no means has he done a good job with point production.

If you can find a big player who plays a physical, energetic game, will fight, AND can score, please let the front office know.

How do you know the Yotes player didn't in initiate the chirping? How do you know Doan didn't swear at Abby thoughout the game? Have you ever seen Abby chirp from the penalty box in other circumstances?

Doan was upset his team was being outplayed, and his team was being physically pushed around by Abby. Doan selfishly took himself off the ice for four minutes (could have been more if the fight got going), and put his team short handed, in a game that the Yotes needed to win to keep their playoffs hopes alive.

If Abby is getting under the skin of the other team's best player, he is doing his job well.

Lol, I was sitting behind the penalty box... Abby didn't say anything when he was in it, he was calm and quiet. Doan had his helmet off and kept yelling at Abby from the box. We couldn't make out exactly what he was saying exactly. In an case, If you watch the recap from NBC's broadcast, Pierre McGuire said that Doan "didn't swear at AbdelKader at all, and told him 'You play on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and only have 11 points, you should be ashamed' " Go look up the broadcast on youtube it's all over the place.

Even if the other teammate was chirping at Abby first, that doesn't mean you should think Doan is pathetic. He's sticking up for his teammate and has every right to do so. He's a physical captain and he's a big guy. That's his game. He's one of those respected individuals in the league.

If you can find a big player who plays a physical, energetic game, will fight, AND can score, please let the front office know.

You're taking my quote out of context and posting only half of what I said.. The previous lad was giving Abdelkader credit for being on par with Bertz in scoring. I pointed out that Abby isn't a goal scorer, he could have scored 25 goals playing with Datsyuk if he had better execution abilities. I also mentioned that if Abby practice that part of his game this offseason, that would be better. I believe he's doing a good job of being physical. And I further pointed out that Bertuzzi can be physical as well if he's 100% healthy, as well as score goals and have more finesse. In conclusion I would have a 100% healthy bertuzzi on line 1 over an Abderlkader.

Edited by kickazz

Lol, I was sitting behind the penalty box... Abby didn't say anything when he was in it, he was calm and quiet. Doan had his helmet off and kept yelling at Abby from the box. We couldn't make out exactly what he was saying exactly. In an case, If you watch the recap from NBC's broadcast, Pierre McGuire said that Doan "didn't swear at AbdelKader at all, and told him 'You play on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and only have 11 points, you should be ashamed' " Go look up the broadcast on youtube it's all over the place.

Even if the other teammate was chirping at Abby first, that doesn't mean you should think Doan is pathetic. He's sticking up for his teammate and has every right to do so. He's a physical captain and he's a big guy. That's his game. He's one of those respected individuals in the league.

I saw the broadcast. I can't remember seeing Abby chirp from the box during any broadcast. I never said Doan was pathetic- I said that he hurt his team in a must-win game for the Yotes.

Yes, I know. That was clearly stated in the quote that I provided.

What I'm really curious about is Helm. I know that there were some suggestions earlier that he *could* be done for the season, but my impression was that it wasn't definite. Hopefully he could at least be back for the playoffs.

Edited by Zetts

Guest The Axe

Babcock has been on fire lately! Mule out, Bert in. Calling it now.

You're taking my quote out of context and posting only half of what I said.. The previous lad was giving Abdelkader credit for being on par with Bertz in scoring. I pointed out that Abby isn't a goal scorer, he could have scored 25 goals playing with Datsyuk if he had better execution abilities. I also mentioned that if Abby practice that part of his game this offseason, that would be better. I believe he's doing a good job of being physical. And I further pointed out that Bertuzzi can be physical as well if he's 100% healthy, as well as score goals and have more finesse. In conclusion I would have a 100% healthy bertuzzi on line 1 over an Abderlkader.

Whoever would think that a professional hockey player would practice SCORING?

I love me some Bertuzzi. Here's some of the latest quotes:

“I’m ready to go (Thursday),'' Bertuzzi said. “I really wanted to play (Wednesday vs. Los Angeles), but I needed to skate hard with Tom (assistant coach Renney). I needed to do one-on-one drills with the defensemen. I needed to get some pushing and shoving down low. I needed to get cross-checked in the back. I needed to be able to spin off and needed to be able to stop and start and take off with the puck.

“Having my third visit to the doctor, I needed to make sure I tested it properly and got it taken care of. The last thing I wanted to do was for them to take a fresh guy out and have me play one period because something didn’t go right. The team is bigger than any individual.''

“I need to go out and keep it simple, and obviously play a different style of game than what I’m used to,'' Bertuzzi said. “Just try and get it in and try and grind out stuff down low, whether it’s on the fourth line or the third line. I just have to make sure I play well defensively and try to do what I do offensively down low.''

I play hard for these guys when I’m in there and I’ll stick up for them and I’ll do what I can for this group,'' Bertuzzi said. “It’s a great group, and these guys have been giving their all. I just want to get in there and tow the rope with them.''

I would expect either:

Bert plays in replacement of Mule because of his injury;

Bert plays in replacement of Brunner, giving him time to recharge;

Bert plays in replacement of Tootoo;

Whoever would think that a professional hockey player would practice SCORING?

Learning to protect the puck better, stick handling through defense, staying strong on the puck. Playing smart with good hockey sense. Keys to becoming better at execution. Abdelkader still needs to gain more of those skills. Remember, Bertuzzi himself admitted that he BECAME better playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and working with them during practice. Still have to see Abby do the same.

Edited by kickazz

Imo Cleary hasn't been bad enough the last couple of games to warrant a benching in favor of a Bertuzzi who probably isn't 100% and hasn't played in forever.

If we can clinch tonight (god I hope we can), then I'd like to see Bert play in the last game, him or Tatar should take Cleary's spot in the playoffs. Otherwise this lineup is doing too well to mess with.

Guest Crymson

Just saw on mlive, Bertuzzi has been cleared to play, but won't dress for tonight's game...Babcock doesn't want any line changes. The loyalty to Cleary baffles me sometimes.

Almost certainly it's his desire to not mess with a lineup that has played very well in the past two games. Cleary is probably not a factor.