Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Bert said he's back tomorrow

#42 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

As long as he doesn't hurt the team by his rust ... let's get him ready for the playoffs.  

#43 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

we get in a shootout we need him to roof it! 

#44 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

If he comes back he needs to be in Abdelkader's "spot". Abdelkader after nearly a season with Dats is on pace for an impressive 20 point season (if the season was 82 games), which means, playing with Dats hes regressed from last seasons 22 points.

Anybody still criticizing Abdelkader's effectiveness obviously isn't watching the games and is just following point totals. He's never been relied on for points. He creates time and space for his linemates with his forecheck, boardplay and (team leading) hits. This does not always equate to a rocking point total. Bertuzzi doesn't have the legs or the durability to do what Abdelkader does.

For the record I do think it will be beneficial to have Bertuzzi in the lineup.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#45 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

IMHO, we need ROW wins for the next three games, not Shoot outs.  Seriously, unless he plans to come in next year and net 20-30 goals, I do not see a use for him anymore.  Nothing personal, but we really do not need him.  I am not saying that Abby will remain on Dats line, but he has done a pretty good job there once he got rolling. He has a career 9 goals in 45 games, over 80 that is 16 goals. That is pretty much what Bert has been putting up playing with Dats since he came back 4 years ago.  Abby has less points but that has more to with Dats being the playmaker and the guy on the other side (ahem, Cleary, ahem, ahem) for most the season.  If Dats kept Abby with him and had a shooter on the other side, Abby would fit there fine.  He is a ton younger and makes less money than Bert and is less injury prone...so unless Bert intends to tear up the club nest year and net 20+ goals, I don't see a need for him, at least not enough to bump Abby down...I am 100% for the buyout or LTIR for next season...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#46 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Anybody still criticizing Abdelkader's effectiveness obviously isn't watching the games and is just following point totals. He's never been relied on for points. He creates time and space for his linemates with his forecheck, boardplay and (team leading) hits. This does not always equate to a rocking point total. Bertuzzi doesn't have the legs or the durability to do what Abdelkader does.

For the record I do think it will be beneficial to have Bertuzzi in the lineup.

Yes, but he's terrible when he actually gets the puck. I was at the game vs. coyotes and Zetterberg set him up atleast 4 times and he completely failed to execute.. Another legitimate forward would have scored atleast once or twice that game. I agree with you that Abdelkader is doing a good job creating space, but this offseason he really needs to work on his puck protection and execution. Datsyuk and Z have set him up enough to make him a legitimate 20 goal scorer yet he sitting at "11 points" as Shane Doan said it..

Edited by kickazz, 24 April 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#47 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

As per Mlive:

DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi said today that he will return to the lineup for Thursday's game against Nashville at Joe Louis Arena.

Bertuzzi skated with the bottom six forwards today and said he expects to play on the third or fourth line when he returns.

And, in case anyone missed this bit:

Forward Mikael Samuelsson (strained pectoral muscle) has been cleared to play but Babcock is not ready to insert him into the lineup.

Samuelsson could be back in the lineup any time as well.

Edited by Zetts, 24 April 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#48 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

What makes me feel more comfortable about Bert's return is things like this:

"I’ll be ready to play tomorrow. I needed another hard skate,'' Bertuzzi said. "Like I said before, a week ago, I can’t come in and not be ready to play a full 60 and help out, contribute, be big down low, finish my checks. I needed another hard skate and that’s what we just finished.''

He knows he can't afford to come into the lineup and not be effective. I want to see a down digging Bert flying down the ice with a purpose. Give us that veteran spark plug.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#49 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

IMHO, we need ROW wins for the next three games, not Shoot outs.  Seriously, unless he plans to come in next year and net 20-30 goals, I do not see a use for him anymore.  Nothing personal, but we really do not need him.  I am not saying that Abby will remain on Dats line, but he has done a pretty good job there once he got rolling. He has a career 9 goals in 45 games, over 80 that is 16 goals. That is pretty much what Bert has been putting up playing with Dats since he came back 4 years ago.  Abby has less points but that has more to with Dats being the playmaker and the guy on the other side (ahem, Cleary, ahem, ahem) for most the season.  If Dats kept Abby with him and had a shooter on the other side, Abby would fit there fine.  He is a ton younger and makes less money than Bert and is less injury prone...so unless Bert intends to tear up the club nest year and net 20+ goals, I don't see a need for him, at least not enough to bump Abby down...I am 100% for the buyout or LTIR for next season...

Cleary only played with Datsyuk and Abby for 7 or so games. Not most of the season. Abby has had plenty of opportunities to turn his 11 point season into a 25 point season. Face it, you're giving him way too much credit for scoring. I do agree that Abdelkader is creating space and helping datsyuk out in other aspects of the game such as physical play, but by no means has he done a good job with point production. I give him some legitimate credit that he has deserved, but not more than that. Now, should Bertuzzi replace Abderlkader? Maybe. Supposedly he's been practicing for a month now and bertz can be physical if he wanted to as well. On top of that Bert is a better goal scorer and has more finesse than Abby does. If Bert was truly healthy and has his A game then I would put him up over Abby any day. But if Bert isn't close to being a top liner then I would stick with Abby.

But it looks like Bertz expect to be on the 3rd line so that settles that.

Edited by kickazz, 24 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#50 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

As per Mlive:

Please no Samuelsson

#51 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yes, but he's terrible when he actually gets the puck. I was at the game vs. coyotes and Zetterberg set him up atleast 4 times and he completely failed to execute.. Another legitimate forward would have scored atleast once or twice that game. I agree with you that Abdelkader is doing a good job creating space, but this offseason he really needs to work on his puck protection and execution. Datsyuk and Z have set him up enough to make him a legitimate 20 goal scorer yet he sitting at "11 points" as Shane Doan said it..

Shane Doan has ZERO room to talk about anyone...for all of his 812 career points, he has ZERO Rings on his finger. I had hopes for him over the summer, but yet, he re-signed with that team that probably won't even be in PHX too much longer and his team is no closer to winning a Cup than they have ever been. Given the history, I will take Abby's Cup Ring (and another Cup appearance) over anything Doan has accomplished. When Doan gets a Ring, then he can talk all he wants.

In all honesty, please Mr. Babcock, no major changes with 3 games needed!!!! If you want to take Eaves out and put Bert in, fine, but please not both Bert and Sammy...that would screw up what little chemistry we have and we need to win these three games!!! Two for sure! Ok, if We win the next two and Dallas beats Columbus in regulation, then you can throw Sammy in on Sunday for some real game practice....thank you.

Cleary only played with Datsyuk and Abby for 7 or so games. Not most of the season. Abby has had plenty of opportunities to turn his 11 point season into a 25 point season. Face it, you're giving him way too much credit for scoring. I do agree that Abdelkader is creating space and helping datsyuk out in other aspects of the game such as physical play, but by no means has he done a good job with point production. I give him some legitimate credit that he has deserved, but not more than that. Now, should Bertuzzi replace Abderlkader? Maybe. Supposedly he's been practicing for a month now and bertz can be physical if he wanted to as well. On top of that Bert is a better goal scorer and has more finesse than Abby does. If Bert was truly healthy and has his A game then I would put him up over Abby any day. But if Bert isn't close to being a top liner then I would stick with Abby.

But it looks like Bertz expect to be on the 3rd line so that settles that.

I can agree with you on this....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#52 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Shane Doan has ZERO room to talk about anyone...for all of his 812 career points, he has ZERO Rings on his finger. I had hopes for him over the summer, but yet, he re-signed with that team that probably won't even be in PHX too much longer and his team is no closer to winning a Cup than they have ever been. Given the history, I will take Abby's Cup Ring (and another Cup appearance) over anything Doan has accomplished. When Doan gets a Ring, then he can talk all he wants.

There's many honorable players that won't have the ring to back things up, but it isn't a reflection of their play. Shane Doan is an outstanding player, has a huge heart, and loves the city he plays for. He's simply like Iggy when it comes to Phoenix, and unfortunately, he still got screwed over. He re-signed on terms that the Jamison deal was going down, and last I knew, that plan had fallen through again.

And besides, you gotta give it to Doan, that was an outstanding chirp. Abby was doing a good job all night getting under their skin. He was playing a more effective pest than i've seen Tootoo all season. The best part is that he was still doing his job while getting them pissed off. I don't think he would've fought Doan if Doan hadn't charged Datsyuk after the play.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#53 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Wings probably don't want him playing back to back games.

IPB Image

#54 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

It's great to have Bert back for shootouts in the 3 games we have left with shootouts. Unfortunately, the playoffs don't have shootouts.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#55 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

So Samuelson is ready to play but Babcock won't give him a nod over the kids and the veteran's who are working hard. I think this is awesome :clap:

This needs to be framed and used as a banner on LGWs for the Bab-Bashers to chew on and absorb.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#56 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

ROW only matter if there is a tie.  A shootout win is still 2 points and beats the hell out of a regulation loss or a Shootout loss.  I'm not the biggest Bertuzzi fan, but he's got that knack in shootouts.  Outside of Datsyuk, no one else can be counted on to score in the shootout. 

#57 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

As per Mlive:

Here is what Nyquist has to say about that:

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#58 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Bertuzzi is 37% with 16 goals. Good enough for 42nd on the all time list. Pasha is #1.

#59 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

True, he doesn't have a ring but Shane Doan was just calling it like he saw it. He didn't cuss out or swear at Abby he simply stated a fact. Abby was chirping away at one of the coyote's player and Shane Doan stood up for his teammate and told Abby he should be ashamed for having only 11 points with Z and D. Doan didn't really instigate anything he just got fed up with Abby running his mouth. And to be honest, Abby did shut up after that. He was sitting quietly in the penalty box lol.

Edited by kickazz, 24 April 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#60 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Babcock is choosing not to play him.