• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

True, he doesn't have a ring but Shane Doan was just calling it like he saw it. He didn't cuss out or swear at Abby he simply stated a fact. Abby was chirping away at one of the coyote's player and Shane Doan stood up for his teammate and told Abby he should be ashamed for having only 11 points with Z and D. Doan didn't really instigate anything he just got fed up with Abby running his mouth. And to be honest, Abby did shut up after that. He was sitting quietly in the penalty box lol.

How do you know the Yotes player didn't in initiate the chirping? How do you know Doan didn't swear at Abby thoughout the game? Have you ever seen Abby chirp from the penalty box in other circumstances?

Doan was upset his team was being outplayed, and his team was being physically pushed around by Abby. Doan selfishly took himself off the ice for four minutes (could have been more if the fight got going), and put his team short handed, in a game that the Yotes needed to win to keep their playoffs hopes alive.

If Abby is getting under the skin of the other team's best player, he is doing his job well.

#62 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Cleary only played with Datsyuk and Abby for 7 or so games. Not most of the season. Abby has had plenty of opportunities to turn his 11 point season into a 25 point season. Face it, you're giving him way too much credit for scoring. I do agree that Abdelkader is creating space and helping datsyuk out in other aspects of the game such as physical play, but by no means has he done a good job with point production.

If you can find a big player who plays a physical, energetic game, will fight, AND can score, please let the front office know.

#63 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

How do you know the Yotes player didn't in initiate the chirping? How do you know Doan didn't swear at Abby thoughout the game? Have you ever seen Abby chirp from the penalty box in other circumstances?

Doan was upset his team was being outplayed, and his team was being physically pushed around by Abby. Doan selfishly took himself off the ice for four minutes (could have been more if the fight got going), and put his team short handed, in a game that the Yotes needed to win to keep their playoffs hopes alive.

If Abby is getting under the skin of the other team's best player, he is doing his job well.

Lol, I was sitting behind the penalty box... Abby didn't say anything when he was in it, he was calm and quiet. Doan had his helmet off and kept yelling at Abby from the box. We couldn't make out exactly what he was saying exactly. In an case, If you watch the recap from NBC's broadcast, Pierre McGuire said that Doan "didn't swear at AbdelKader at all, and told him 'You play on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and only have 11 points, you should be ashamed' " Go look up the broadcast on youtube it's all over the place.

Even if the other teammate was chirping at Abby first, that doesn't mean you should think Doan is pathetic. He's sticking up for his teammate and has every right to do so. He's a physical captain and he's a big guy. That's his game. He's one of those respected individuals in the league.

If you can find a big player who plays a physical, energetic game, will fight, AND can score, please let the front office know.

You're taking my quote out of context and posting only half of what I said.. The previous lad was giving Abdelkader credit for being on par with Bertz in scoring. I pointed out that Abby isn't a goal scorer, he could have scored 25 goals playing with Datsyuk if he had better execution abilities. I also mentioned that if Abby practice that part of his game this offseason, that would be better. I believe he's doing a good job of being physical. And I further pointed out that Bertuzzi can be physical as well if he's 100% healthy, as well as score goals and have more finesse. In conclusion I would have a 100% healthy bertuzzi on line 1 over an Abderlkader.

Edited by kickazz, 24 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#64 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Lol, I was sitting behind the penalty box... Abby didn't say anything when he was in it, he was calm and quiet. Doan had his helmet off and kept yelling at Abby from the box. We couldn't make out exactly what he was saying exactly. In an case, If you watch the recap from NBC's broadcast, Pierre McGuire said that Doan "didn't swear at AbdelKader at all, and told him 'You play on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and only have 11 points, you should be ashamed' " Go look up the broadcast on youtube it's all over the place.

Even if the other teammate was chirping at Abby first, that doesn't mean you should think Doan is pathetic. He's sticking up for his teammate and has every right to do so. He's a physical captain and he's a big guy. That's his game. He's one of those respected individuals in the league.

I saw the broadcast. I can't remember seeing Abby chirp from the box during any broadcast. I never said Doan was pathetic- I said that he hurt his team in a must-win game for the Yotes.

#65 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Babcock is choosing not to play him.

Yes, I know.  That was clearly stated in the quote that I provided.

What I'm really curious about is Helm.  I know that there were some suggestions earlier that he *could* be done for the season, but my impression was that it wasn't definite.  Hopefully he could at least be back for the playoffs.

Edited by Zetts, 25 April 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#66 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Babcock is choosing not to play him.

Babcock has been on fire lately! Mule out, Bert in. Calling it now.

#67 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

You're taking my quote out of context and posting only half of what I said.. The previous lad was giving Abdelkader credit for being on par with Bertz in scoring. I pointed out that Abby isn't a goal scorer, he could have scored 25 goals playing with Datsyuk if he had better execution abilities. I also mentioned that if Abby practice that part of his game this offseason, that would be better. I believe he's doing a good job of being physical. And I further pointed out that Bertuzzi can be physical as well if he's 100% healthy, as well as score goals and have more finesse. In conclusion I would have a 100% healthy bertuzzi on line 1 over an Abderlkader.

Whoever would think that a professional hockey player would practice SCORING?

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#68 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

I love me some Bertuzzi. Here's some of the latest quotes:

“I’m ready to go (Thursday),'' Bertuzzi said. “I really wanted to play (Wednesday vs. Los Angeles), but I needed to skate hard with Tom (assistant coach Renney). I needed to do one-on-one drills with the defensemen. I needed to get some pushing and shoving down low. I needed to get cross-checked in the back. I needed to be able to spin off and needed to be able to stop and start and take off with the puck.

“Having my third visit to the doctor, I needed to make sure I tested it properly and got it taken care of. The last thing I wanted to do was for them to take a fresh guy out and have me play one period because something didn’t go right. The team is bigger than any individual.''

“I need to go out and keep it simple, and obviously play a different style of game than what I’m used to,'' Bertuzzi said. “Just try and get it in and try and grind out stuff down low, whether it’s on the fourth line or the third line. I just have to make sure I play well defensively and try to do what I do offensively down low.''

I play hard for these guys when I’m in there and I’ll stick up for them and I’ll do what I can for this group,'' Bertuzzi said. “It’s a great group, and these guys have been giving their all. I just want to get in there and tow the rope with them.''

I would expect either:

Bert plays in replacement of Mule because of his injury;

Bert plays in replacement of Brunner, giving him time to recharge;

Bert plays in replacement of Tootoo;

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#69 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Whoever would think that a professional hockey player would practice SCORING?

Learning to protect the puck better, stick handling through defense, staying strong on the puck. Playing smart with good hockey sense. Keys to becoming better at execution. Abdelkader still needs to gain more of those skills. Remember, Bertuzzi himself admitted that he BECAME better playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and working with them during practice. Still have to see Abby do the same.  

Edited by kickazz, 25 April 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#70 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Just saw on mlive, Bertuzzi has been cleared to play, but won't dress for tonight's game...Babcock doesn't want any line changes. The loyalty to Cleary baffles me sometimes.

#71 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

bad move babs come on get cleary out of there.. now watch him score tonight!

#72 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

I don't mind it at this point, the current lines have been doing really well. I see why Bab doesn't want to dress Bertz.

#73 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I would rather have an unhealthy Bert than a healthy Cleary.. Sometimes I shake my head

IPB Image

#74 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Imo Cleary hasn't been bad enough the last couple of games to warrant a benching in favor of a Bertuzzi who probably isn't 100% and hasn't played in forever. 

If we can clinch tonight (god I hope we can), then I'd like to see Bert play in the last game, him or Tatar should take Cleary's spot in the playoffs. Otherwise this lineup is doing too well to mess with. 

#75 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Just saw on mlive, Bertuzzi has been cleared to play, but won't dress for tonight's game...Babcock doesn't want any line changes. The loyalty to Cleary baffles me sometimes.

Almost certainly it's his desire to not mess with a lineup that has played very well in the past two games. Cleary is probably not a factor.

#76 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

That must make Bert very sad to do what he did to come back, albeit taking FOREVER, to be treated like Mike Modano...

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#77 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Bert back with Abdelkader and Pavel. Z with Filppula and Brunner.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#78 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Tonight is the night for fresh legs.

#79 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Bert back with Abdelkader and Pavel. Z with Filppula and Brunner.

Source?  Or personal wish?

#80 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

That must make Bert very sad to do what he did to come back, albeit taking FOREVER, to be treated like Mike Modano...

Bert himself said that he's not fully up to game shape. I really, really doubt that he's resentful at not being entered into the lineup in a critical game.

Source?  Or personal wish?

Wish. He's not playing tonight.