• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
8 Legged RedWing

4/24 GDT: Kings 1 @ Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Just got in. Glad to see they pulled it out. I'm hoping to see the highlights on the NHL network soon. Just came on... Heck of a diving play by Smith. They called out Quincey for bad defense on the LA goal. Sweet goal by Pavs. Nice deflect by Tootoo. Mule was string with the goal, the LA dman was weak with his nerf crosschecks to mule. Some great (average?) saves by Howard. That ok for a short summary by the latecomer?

Imagine the wave of momentum this team can ride if they were to upset the Blackhawks in the first round. A team playing with heart fighting for their playoff lives vs a team who hasnt faced adversity this season and clinched the playoffs 136 years ago.

Call me crazy, but if we draw Chicago, the pressure is on them. Especially if we can get a split the first 2 games. BELIEVE

Imagine the wave of momentum this team can ride if they were to upset the Blackhawks in the first round. A team playing with heart fighting for their playoff lives vs a team who hasnt faced adversity this season and clinched the playoffs 136 years ago.

Call me crazy, but if we draw Chicago, the pressure is on them. Especially if we can get a split the first 2 games. BELIEVE

Love the excitement but damn man, slow down a little, haha.

They gotta win tomorrow first.

Just got back from the game. The boys really wanted me to sweat this one out - they were scatterbrained or bi-polar the first period and a half or so. The Kings really surprised me with the desperate s*** they were pulling in the 3rd. That goaltender interference (takedown really) needed to be answered. That was pure BS.

Met some really cool Kings fans who surprisingly hate the Wings but couldn't tell me why. There's no history there, so their reasoning escapes them as well as me. Oh, well. We did what we could to lose them home ice.

VERY relieved we pulled 2 points out of this one - it could very easily gone the other way, and probably should have.

So we are tied in ROW with Dallas at 20 , the next tie breaker is wins in head to head match up correct? So since they play 3 only three games together this season, you throw away the first game the played, meaning wings have 1 win over them so far. Is that right?

Guest The Axe

Just got back from the game. The boys really wanted me to sweat this one out - they were scatterbrained or bi-polar the first period and a half or so. The Kings really surprised me with the desperate s*** they were pulling in the 3rd. That goaltender interference (takedown really) needed to be answered. That was pure BS.

Met some really cool Kings fans who surprisingly hate the Wings but couldn't tell me why. There's no history there, so their reasoning escapes them as well as me. Oh, well. We did what we could to lose them home ice.

VERY relieved we pulled 2 points out of this one - it could very easily gone the other way, and probably should have.

All fans of other teams feel this way. Its because the Wings are cool.

So we are tied in ROW with Dallas at 20 , the next tie breaker is wins in head to head match up correct? So since they play 3 only three games together this season, you throw away the first game the played, meaning wings have 1 win over them so far. Is that right?

The wording is confusing, but yes, you've got the gist of it. It's actually points earned in head to head, not wins. But to clarify for those who don't know what you mean by "throw away the first game played", From NHL.com, the 2nd tie breaker (after ROW)...

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

Since the Wings played the Stars twice at home, and will only play once on the road, the tiebreaker disregards the first game (a 2-1 Stars win on 1/22/13) in Detroit, and will only consider the results from the second game (a 4-1 Wings win on 1/29/13), and the upcoming third game on Saturday in Dallas.

That said, the only way the second tiebreaker would come into effect is through a pretty remarkable set of circumstances. Detroit would have to lose vs. Nashville in regulation, Dallas would have to win vs. Columbus and then win vs. Detroit in regulation, and Columbus would have to lose vs. Dallas (already stated) and vs. Nashville in their season finale. Doing so would cause Detroit and Dallas to be tied at 52 points, and Columbus to finish at 51 points.

If all the above happens, the 2nd tie breaker would be used. However, since the games used in the tiebreaker would end up with a 1-win-1-loss split (more specifically, 2 point to 2 point split), the NHL would default to the third tiebreaker, which is the difference in GF/GA. Dallas currently sits at -7 (129 forced, 136 allowed) while Detroit sits at +3 (116f, 113a). Dallas would have to blow CBJ and Detroit out of the water, and pretty much not allow anything in order to win that tiebreaker.

I just got back from the game... I love reading the early comments, like we can't come back from being a goal down, I just love how some people give up so easily on this team when down by 1 goal with over half the game left lol... fun game to watch though! boys showed up and played one of the best 60 minutes I've seen in a long time!

Sooooo....Wings need a win against Trashville and for Dallas to pull it out in regulation tomorrow. That will allow the Wings to clinch tomorrow and I can take a breather at the game on Saturday.

Good win tonight. If my brother didn't ruin it for me before I finished watching the recording it would have been more exciting but at this point I'm just glad they're figuring out how to win.

Tonight is over and tomorrow is beginning. Need another 2 points and a ROW.