• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

#501 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Root for Dallas to win in regulation tomorrow. Of course, the Red Wings need two points as well for that to matter.

Have my cheer cheatsheet

April 25 Go Wings

Go Stars

26 Go Oilers

27 Go Wings

Go Jackets

Go Avs

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#502 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Regardless of how this thing plays out I have been so very impressed and happy with Jimmy's play this season!

#503 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

2 points! YES!!!!!!!!

#504 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Just got in. Glad to see they pulled it out. I'm hoping to see the highlights on the NHL network soon. Just came on... Heck of a diving play by Smith. They called out Quincey for bad defense on the LA goal. Sweet goal by Pavs. Nice deflect by Tootoo. Mule was string with the goal, the LA dman was weak with his nerf crosschecks to mule. Some great (average?) saves by Howard. That ok for a short summary by the latecomer?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#505 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

From Khan

Babcock said Franzen shaken up near end of game, had to sit in bench, hope to have him ready for tomorrow. Not sure

#506 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

From Khan

LGW 2 months ago: YES!!

LGW now: We need him back A-S-A-P

bringit.jpg

#507 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Well f***, right when we were all starting to like him again! He's having so much fun!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#508 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Bert maybe if frazen not?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#509 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

thats typical franzen actually starts to play and work hard and he gets hurt

#510 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Damn can't lose Mule now, he is in beast mode.

#511 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

We need Franzen. He finally rediscovered his inner mule beast.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#512 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

We need Franzen. He finally rediscovered his inner mule beast.

I think he's on a timer or something. Its normally playoff time now, so thats why hes on again. 

#513 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

One of the best all around efforts from these guys in a while. Nice to see the refs let them play as well. Nice sell job by Howie on that goaltender interference call, too.

#514 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Imagine the wave of momentum this team can ride if they were to upset the Blackhawks in the first round. A team playing with heart fighting for their playoff lives vs a team who hasnt faced adversity this season and clinched the playoffs 136 years ago.

Call me crazy, but if we draw Chicago, the pressure is on them. Especially if we can get a split the first 2 games. BELIEVE

• Nev likes this

#515 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Imagine the wave of momentum this team can ride if they were to upset the Blackhawks in the first round. A team playing with heart fighting for their playoff lives vs a team who hasnt faced adversity this season and clinched the playoffs 136 years ago.

Call me crazy, but if we draw Chicago, the pressure is on them. Especially if we can get a split the first 2 games. BELIEVE

Love the excitement but damn man, slow down a little, haha.

They gotta win tomorrow first. 

#516 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Love the excitement but damn man, slow down a little, haha.

They gotta win tomorrow first. 

oh i know it isnt set in stone yet, but there has been a lot of doom and gloom here all year, when this team has a pretty bright future

#517 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Just got back from the game.  The boys really wanted me to sweat this one out - they were scatterbrained or bi-polar the first period and a half or so.  The Kings really surprised me with the desperate s*** they were pulling in the 3rd.  That goaltender interference (takedown really) needed to be answered.  That was pure BS.

Met some really cool Kings fans who surprisingly hate the Wings but couldn't tell me why.  There's no history there, so their reasoning escapes them as well as me.  Oh, well.  We did what we could to lose them home ice.

VERY relieved we pulled 2 points out of this one - it could very easily gone the other way, and probably should have.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#518 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

So we are tied in ROW with Dallas at 20 , the next tie breaker is wins in head to head match up correct? So since they play 3 only three games together this season, you throw away the first game the played, meaning wings have 1 win over them so far. Is that right?

#519 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Just got back from the game.  The boys really wanted me to sweat this one out - they were scatterbrained or bi-polar the first period and a half or so.  The Kings really surprised me with the desperate s*** they were pulling in the 3rd.  That goaltender interference (takedown really) needed to be answered.  That was pure BS.
Met some really cool Kings fans who surprisingly hate the Wings but couldn't tell me why.  There's no history there, so their reasoning escapes them as well as me.  Oh, well.  We did what we could to lose them home ice.
VERY relieved we pulled 2 points out of this one - it could very easily gone the other way, and probably should have.

All fans of other teams feel this way. Its because the Wings are cool.

#520 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

So we are tied in ROW with Dallas at 20 , the next tie breaker is wins in head to head match up correct? So since they play 3 only three games together this season, you throw away the first game the played, meaning wings have 1 win over them so far. Is that right?

The wording is confusing, but yes, you've got the gist of it.  It's actually points earned in head to head, not wins. But to clarify for those who don't know what you mean by "throw away the first game played", From NHL.com, the 2nd tie breaker (after ROW)...

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

Since the Wings played the Stars twice at home, and will only play once on the road, the tiebreaker disregards the first game (a 2-1 Stars win on 1/22/13) in Detroit, and will only consider the results from the second game (a 4-1 Wings win on 1/29/13), and the upcoming third game on Saturday in Dallas.

That said, the only way the second tiebreaker would come into effect is through a pretty remarkable set of circumstances. Detroit would have to lose vs. Nashville in regulation, Dallas would have to win vs. Columbus and then win vs. Detroit in regulation, and Columbus would have to lose vs. Dallas (already stated) and vs. Nashville in their season finale. Doing so would cause Detroit and Dallas to be tied at 52 points, and Columbus to finish at 51 points.

If all the above happens, the 2nd tie breaker would be used. However, since the games used in the tiebreaker would end up with a 1-win-1-loss split (more specifically, 2 point to 2 point split), the NHL would default to the third tiebreaker, which is the difference in GF/GA. Dallas currently sits at -7 (129 forced, 136 allowed) while Detroit sits at +3 (116f, 113a). Dallas would have to blow CBJ and Detroit out of the water, and pretty much not allow anything in order to win that tiebreaker.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."