LGW!!!!

#522 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

nm.

Edited by rick zombo, 24 April 2013 - 11:44 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#523 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I just got back from the game... I love reading the early comments, like we can't come back from being a goal down, I just love how some people give up so easily on this team when down by 1 goal with over half the game left lol... fun game to watch though! boys showed up and played one of the best 60 minutes I've seen in a long time!

#524 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Sooooo....Wings need a win against Trashville and for Dallas to pull it out in regulation tomorrow.  That will allow the Wings to clinch tomorrow and I can take a breather at the game on Saturday.

Good win tonight.  If my brother didn't ruin it for me before I finished watching the recording it would have been more exciting but at this point I'm just glad they're figuring out how to win.

Tonight is over and tomorrow is beginning.  Need another 2 points and a ROW.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#525 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Good game. Bipolar GDT, though.

#526 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,729 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Once again, happy to hear we won.  

I hope Columbus chokes on a c*** today, and half their team tears their ACL's.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#527 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

good win tonight!!

pavel shaved quick exactly where he needed a shave ;)

#528 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Sooooo....Wings need a win against Trashville and for Dallas to pull it out in regulation tomorrow.  That will allow the Wings to clinch tomorrow and I can take a breather at the game on Saturday.

Good win tonight.  If my brother didn't ruin it for me before I finished watching the recording it would have been more exciting but at this point I'm just glad they're figuring out how to win.

If Columbus only gets a point and we win they're screwed.  ROW doesnt really matter anymore.

Posted Image

#529 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

I didn't get to see any of it but dang if it's not satisfying to google DRW and see that we held the defending Cup champs to one goal, won back to back must win games, and Franzen is actually scoring.

#530 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Wow, have the Wings flipped a switch in the last week or what?  What is so noticable is just how much more speed we're playing with.  As soon as we win the puck in our own zone the forwards are off up the ice at full pelt.  Obviously it helps having guys like Nyquist in the line-up, but everyone is busting their ass.

Even the lines are all clicking.  Abdelkader on the top line is a wrecking ball, he didn't get an assist on Pav's goal last night but he sure as hell deserved one as it was his chip, chase and check that turned the puck over behind their net.  Franzen is in Mule mode on the 2nd line, despite having Filpulla and Cleary as line-mates.  The rookie 3rd line is swarming all over the ice, and the 4th line is playing like a 4th line should.

And James T Howard continues to play lights-out.  It feels wierd, but we've turned into one of those teams that's playing playoff hockey just to get into the playoffs.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#531 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Did anyone see what happened to Franzen?

http://kuklaskorner....y-about-franzen

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#532 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Great game. The Wings are playing like the Wings again. Love it!

Just our luck. :confused:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#533 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

This game is a BIG one!!  

.....I can't believe I have to work, of game center is being sneaked on in the basement then ;)    LGW

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#534 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Wow, have the Wings flipped a switch in the last week or what?  What is so noticable is just how much more speed we're playing with.  As soon as we win the puck in our own zone the forwards are off up the ice at full pelt.  Obviously it helps having guys like Nyquist in the line-up, but everyone is busting their ass.

Nyquist had 5 shots last night. If he keeps that up, he'll be netting lots of goals

#535 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Maybe the Franzen injury is a ruse to throw off Nashville's preparation? I didn't see him get hurt and Babcock doesn't seem to know anything at all about it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#536 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

My guess is that it is from all of those cross checks to the back from Matt Greene before the PP goal.

#537 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hate eddie olczyk so damn much. Tries to find any negative thing he can with the Wings.

That's because he is green with envy. I have to agree with you though he really rubs me the wrong way because of his unabashed favoritism when it comes to the opposing teams the Wings play, especially Chicago and Pittsburgh. :bad:

#538 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

What a game by the Wings again!! Those were a huge 2 points!! Wings pk has been very good lately.. And that was a sick pass from big E to Pavs. Hope Mule is ok for tonights game

IPB Image

#539 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Nyquist had 5 shots last night. If he keeps that up, he'll be netting lots of goals

Its not just that.  All season I've believed that the Wings offensive struggles are in large part down to their transition game.  In this 2nd stint Nyquist is bringing the puck through the neutral zone with speed, and because he has tricksy moves as well as pace he's forcing the opposition D back and we're gaining the zone much easier.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#540 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

If Columbus only gets a point and we win they're screwed.  ROW doesnt really matter anymore.

it does if we wanna overthrow minny for 7th