• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
8 Legged RedWing

4/24 GDT: Kings 1 @ Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Sooooo....Wings need a win against Trashville and for Dallas to pull it out in regulation tomorrow. That will allow the Wings to clinch tomorrow and I can take a breather at the game on Saturday.

Good win tonight. If my brother didn't ruin it for me before I finished watching the recording it would have been more exciting but at this point I'm just glad they're figuring out how to win.

Tonight is over and tomorrow is beginning. Need another 2 points and a ROW.

If Columbus only gets a point and we win they're screwed. ROW doesnt really matter anymore.

Wow, have the Wings flipped a switch in the last week or what? What is so noticable is just how much more speed we're playing with. As soon as we win the puck in our own zone the forwards are off up the ice at full pelt. Obviously it helps having guys like Nyquist in the line-up, but everyone is busting their ass.

Even the lines are all clicking. Abdelkader on the top line is a wrecking ball, he didn't get an assist on Pav's goal last night but he sure as hell deserved one as it was his chip, chase and check that turned the puck over behind their net. Franzen is in Mule mode on the 2nd line, despite having Filpulla and Cleary as line-mates. The rookie 3rd line is swarming all over the ice, and the 4th line is playing like a 4th line should.

And James T Howard continues to play lights-out. It feels wierd, but we've turned into one of those teams that's playing playoff hockey just to get into the playoffs.

Sooooo....Wings need a win against Trashville and for Dallas to pull it out in regulation tomorrow. That will allow the Wings to clinch tomorrow and I can take a breather at the game on Saturday.

Good win tonight. If my brother didn't ruin it for me before I finished watching the recording it would have been more exciting but at this point I'm just glad they're figuring out how to win.

Tonight is over and tomorrow is beginning. Need another 2 points and a ROW.

This game is a BIG one!!

.....I can't believe I have to work, of game center is being sneaked on in the basement then ;) LGW

Wow, have the Wings flipped a switch in the last week or what? What is so noticable is just how much more speed we're playing with. As soon as we win the puck in our own zone the forwards are off up the ice at full pelt. Obviously it helps having guys like Nyquist in the line-up, but everyone is busting their ass.

Nyquist had 5 shots last night. If he keeps that up, he'll be netting lots of goals

Hate eddie olczyk so damn much. Tries to find any negative thing he can with the Wings.

That's because he is green with envy. I have to agree with you though he really rubs me the wrong way because of his unabashed favoritism when it comes to the opposing teams the Wings play, especially Chicago and Pittsburgh. :bad:

Nyquist had 5 shots last night. If he keeps that up, he'll be netting lots of goals

Its not just that. All season I've believed that the Wings offensive struggles are in large part down to their transition game. In this 2nd stint Nyquist is bringing the puck through the neutral zone with speed, and because he has tricksy moves as well as pace he's forcing the opposition D back and we're gaining the zone much easier.

Its not just that. All season I've believed that the Wings offensive struggles are in large part down to their transition game. In this 2nd stint Nyquist is bringing the puck through the neutral zone with speed, and because he has tricksy moves as well as pace he's forcing the opposition D back and we're gaining the zone much easier.

This x1000

Unless your are a Zetterberg type player, if you don't have size in this league, then you need speed.

He has been an energizer bunny out there similar to what Helm is and what Tatar had shown this season.

Nyquist has been great. So much speed, a big bag of tricks. Really fun to watch.

Nyquist has surprised me. His previous call-ups were lackluster and I was getting nervous that he was simply one that was dominant at every level except the big show. Completely changed my opinion. I thought he was going to be a lot more stronger on the puck than last season; he's finally displaying that now. Him and Tatar would be a deadly force together. Both small, both incredibly strong on the puck for their size. Incredible speed to break the neutral zone and cause space within the offensive zone. Goose is more of the playmaker though, while Tatar could be his finishing touch. Tatar strives to pot em, and is regarded as the goal scorer of the two. They could easily be a dominant 1-2 punch, but in the same sense, Goose and Brunner could be.

Nyquist has surprised me. His previous call-ups were lackluster and I was getting nervous that he was simply one that was dominant at every level except the big show. Completely changed my opinion. I thought he was going to be a lot more stronger on the puck than last season; he's finally displaying that now. Him and Tatar would be a deadly force together. Both small, both incredibly strong on the puck for their size. Incredible speed to break the neutral zone and cause space within the offensive zone. Goose is more of the playmaker though, while Tatar could be his finishing touch. Tatar strives to pot em, and is regarded as the goal scorer of the two. They could easily be a dominant 1-2 punch, but in the same sense, Goose and Brunner could be.

I feel like Nyquist took some advice from Tatar on what he needs to do to stay in the NHL because his drive and intensity mirrors what Tatar showed this year.

I've come up with the nickname for the 5 guys on the ice for that 2nd goal. Scrapper's Torch.

Emmerton is f***in everywhere like a junkyard dog.

Tootoo throws the scrap around and even gets some gold in the process.

Quincey (when he isn't doing his best Lebderp) can be quite mean.

Smith went in to pick out the rubber

Eaves is there to execute it forward.