• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Danielsm

Martin St Louis

Rate this topic

While I don't think St Louis is really all that underrated (he's widely regarded as a great player), the past 5 or so years has been so lackluster for Tampa as a team. Every year I look at their roster and see such a potent offensive, especially top 6 and their defense and goaltending just screws it all up.

No discredit to him in the slightest but Kunitz has 50 points on a line with Crosby all season.. A lot of credit due to Mr. Stamkos but still an incredible accomplishment for St. Louis.

Well, I think Stamkos owes a lot to St. Louis to be honest. There's no doubt St. Louis wouldn't have the stats he has without Stamkos, but it goes the other way too. Stamkos is a sniper, he needs a good set up guy.

For St. Louis's acceptance speech, he first needs to thank the puck that smashed Crosby's jaw into several pieces, without that, he might be about 20 points behind.

No discredit to him in the slightest but Kunitz has 50 points on a line with Crosby all season.. A lot of credit due to Mr. Stamkos but still an incredible accomplishment for St. Louis.

St Louis is one of the best playmakers in the game. No way is he a product of Stamkos, he was playing the same way before Stamkos was there.

He's too small to be effective in the tough eastern conference.

But... power forwards. Siiize.

In all seriousness, I really hope he gets it. For his age, Tampa's place in the league... it'd just be pretty cool to see. And to those who cite Stamkos as the reason for his numbers, I think you could argue it the other way around as well. Stamkos is a great trigger man, but St. Louis is a fantastic playmaker.

Guest The Axe

Like many sports, in hockey size has always been considered important. Good to see St. Louis prove that a smaller guy can be a very effective NHL player, especially in this era where players are bigger and stronger than they used to be.

If you've got a power forward who can skate like the wind and snipe like a mofo, you can be a small guy. Put Abdelkader and Cleary with St. Louis and tell me how it turns out.

St Louis is one of the best playmakers in the game. No way is he a product of Stamkos, he was playing the same way before Stamkos was there.

Your right, on one hand. I'm not gonna try to find the quote but I think St. Louis actually said aomething about playing with Stamkos will probably extend his career several years and I would agree. I don't think St. Louis puts up these numbers at this stage in his career withoutStamkos.

St. Louis is one of the best play makers in the game. Stamkos needs him as much as any play maker needs a sniper. Can you imagine what Pavel's numbers would look like with Stamkos on his wing? Deadly.

Although Stamkos is a fantastic young player, it seems like he never scores goals without the help of St. Louis. I would safely wager that more than 50% of his goals has an assist from St. Louis. At any rate, it's pretty cool to see a guy that old win the Art Ross trophy - even if it was obviously due to an injury to someone else.

Guest The Axe

I've always liked St. Louis. Found a good home in Tampa and excelled.

Also not a Euro.

Tough little French Nuck to play against and his point numbers prove it.

Funny, cuz I've never liked him. I don't like frenchies.

Guest Johnz96

Well, I think Stamkos owes a lot to St. Louis to be honest. There's no doubt St. Louis wouldn't have the stats he has without Stamkos, but it goes the other way too. Stamkos is a sniper, he needs a good set up guy.

For St. Louis's acceptance speech, he first needs to thank the puck that smashed Crosby's jaw into several pieces, without that, he might be about 20 points behind.

If they tried as hard defensively they wouldn't score nearly as many points but they'd probably be in the playoffs and the Pens would have beat the Flyers last year.

Edited by Johnz96