• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#61 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

It's playoff races like this that really make you wish the Wings would have just won a few of those extra giveaway games they played earlier in the year. So many games they could have won to avoid this all. But oh well, they've been hittin the juice this week it looks like. Finally scoring some goals. Let's all hope that trend continues on.

Probably the best thing for them in the long run. They faced their adversity, and if they clinched a few games ago, they wold NOT be playing this way with the playoffs so close. Nothing like fighting for your playoff lives to light a fire under thy ass :)

#62 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Probably the best thing for them in the long run. They faced their adversity, and if they clinched a few games ago, they wold NOT be playing this way with the playoffs so close. Nothing like fighting for your playoff lives to light a fire under thy ass :)

Agreed. :thumbup: It's the truest test of a team's real worth - How do they play when they're backed into a corner, when it's do-or-die?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#63 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

The Preds are handing detroit a win on a sliver platter by starting mason,if the wings can't beat mason  and the preds then they  don't deserve a playoff berth

#64 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Agreed. :thumbup: It's the truest test of a team's real worth - How do they play when they're backed into a corner, when it's do-or-die?

exactly. their acheilies heel in the past has been coasting to end the season and taking an entire round to snap back into kick ass mode. this is the most confidence ive had in a wings team since 2009. they are younger, which means hungrier. i think in the past few seasons they depended too much on skill and their defense took a hit, even with lidstrom. they have to work a lot harder now, but i feel like it will pay off. when it will pay off remains to be seen, but it is an exciting time.

#65 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Flip with the hattie for Loo's birthday and to annoy the haters.  Z's beard with the assists.

Columbus beats the living crap out of Dallas everywhere except for the scoreboard, leaving Dallas victorious, but with lingering issues that cause them to play poorly on Saturday.

Jimmy interviewed after making spectacular saves on both SOG for Nashville.  Says it was an average night for him.

If Detroit wins, we don't even have to worry about Dallas anymore

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#66 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

It would seem the stars have aligned for our Wings this day.  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Go Wings! 

I think stars have nothing to with. Preds just happy by themselves over discount they got on early tee-time booking.

GP WINGS!! Push for 7th and duck hunting!

#67 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

If Detroit wins, we don't even have to worry about Dallas anymore

I prefer to go out on a high note, and win on the road.

Good stuff to take going into the playoffs.

Not to mention that if the unthinkable happens to us tonight, we will need that win on Saturday.

That said, I have faith that tonight will be successful as Loo and marcaractac will bring us birthday luck, and because the Wings have been playing quite well.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#68 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Let's go Wings!!!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#69 deltawing

deltawing

GO RED WINGS!

• Gold Booster
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

On my way to the game here in a minute, go Wings!

Sergeant Rathbun - USMC
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07 Oct 06 - Apr 07
http://www.last.fm/user/deltawing12

#70 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I prefer to go out on a high note, and win on the road.

Good stuff to take going into the playoffs.

Not to mention that if the unthinkable happens to us tonight, we will need that win on Saturday.

That said, I have faith that tonight will be successful as Loo and marcaractac will bring us birthday luck, and because the Wings have been playing quite well.

weeeooooooooooo. i'll be sure to get good and drunk tonight! and rocking my Datsyuk jersey

#71 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

I've got band rehearsal tonight, so I'm hopefully going to be back for the third. Hopefully it's a decisive game for the Wings to send a message that they are back and they mean business.

A delightful mix of the old and new light the lamp. Nyquist, DeKeyser, Franzen, Datsyuk, and the captain ditches the assists for a hat trick. Kronwall destroys Weber with a beautiful open ice hit. Tootoo and Abdelkader wreck shop. Howard smiles as the arena PA blares the strains of Van Halen's "Top Jimmy" following an average performance. Why not go for it all?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#72 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

weeeooooooooooo. i'll be sure to get good and drunk tonight! and rocking my Datsyuk jersey

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!,You share a Birthday with Preds Players Rich Clune and Brandon Yip,so you should feel special that the preds are giving the wings a win on your birthday

#73 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!,You share a Birthday with Preds Players Rich Clune and Brandon Yip,so you should feel special that the preds are giving the wings a win on your birthday

51875913_640.jpg

Yip yip! Me happy!!! :w00t2: :w00t2:

And thanks!!! on the bright side, at least you guys basically robbed Washington of Forsberg. He's a good kid to have.

#74 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

This was good luck the past two games. If I didn't post it and we lost, I would feel at fault... lol.

#75 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Great celly, Toots!

Ok, going all out in the hope that this is the last time I have to do this...*deep breath*

This team is worthless. They have no balls and apparently they're more concerned about their summer plans than, you know, playing hockey. Dats hates us and can't wait to make a run for the border. Z's beard is pathetic, I've seen a better set of whiskers on a 14 year old girl. Not only is Franzen lazy and he sucks, but he's also pretty gingery which means he has no soul. WTF is going on with Helm and Bert?! They haven't scored, like, all season! WTF are we paying them for? Jimmy is average and couldn't steal us a game if his life depended on it! Nyquist will never be NHL ready, and will fizzle out like one of those defective fireworks that bums out all the kids on the 4th of July. Everyone on this team has bad breath and a small penis, and none of them know how to please a woman (or a man, for that matter). Their own parents can't stand them and are rooting for the Blackhawks! f*** this unclassy organization!!!!

LGW!

And the hangnails.  OHMYGOD, the hangnails!!!  eeeeeuuuuuwwwww......!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#76 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

And the hangnails.  OHMYGOD, the hangnails!!!  eeeeeuuuuuwwwww......!

Right?! Would you want those fingers anywhere near your tender bits? I think not.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#77 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yeeeeeehawwwwww it's on FSD with Mick and Ken!!!

:yahoo:

GO WINGS!!!!

#78 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Preds Sucky Season is Almost Over :yahoo:

Kind of sad that the preds aren't in the playoffs this season,but hey,aleast they  will probaly get a good draft pick and who know how busy the preds will be in offseason

#79 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Kind of sad that the preds aren't in the playoffs this season,but hey,aleast they  will probaly get a good draft pick and who know how busy the preds will be in offseason

imo, you guys also got a steal with Forsberg. Getting a high pick might not be bad for you guys.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#80 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I feel strange asking this, but has there been any word that Trotz may be on the hot seat? (Not intended to start anything negative)

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!