• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Report Card

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Give the Red Wings peeps their end of the regular season grades.

I'm gonna start with my favourite guy = Emmerton.

He's definitely shown flashes of Draper-esque qualities, but he definitely needs to bring it more consistently. Even though he still needs to improve, he's proven to be a reliable and useful 12th man.

B+

Guest The Axe

Howard

A+ Summa Cum Laude with Distinction

Plays the goalie well.

From Game 20 on, I would agree with you. He's been wicked good.

Jakub Kindl = B-

He's shown considerable progression in all aspects of the game and easily won a spot on this team's defense. However his very good offense has been offset by inconsistency in his own end. I don't expect him to be a shutdown guy, but I would like to see him stronger on the boards, and use his size more to his advantage when defending.

Darren Helm - flunked out

But in actuality, I'll go with:

Jordin Tootoo = B

Lately, he's been doing some pretty good things with the puck, Time will only tell whether it be getting bounces, or some signs of promise as an instigator who can actually hold a roster spot. But he was brought in to BANG bodies, and he has excelled in doing that on and off the ice... if you know what I mean! (Sorry I just couldn't resist putting that in there.) He has done a good job making other teams give him space and opens up the ice when he's out there grindin.

Guest The Axe

The Axe = D+

Extra credit for random moments of entertainment value. :P

Brunner = B-

Flashes of brilliance, vicious shot, yet inconsistent.

Oh myyyyyy God, I got a D+. I passed! Hey everybody, I'm gonna graduate!!!

Guest DeGraa55

Id give abby a B.

Hes doing better lately while playing on the top line but shoukd be on second. And he also kicked a guys ass defending his star linemate.

Howard A because well he is howard.

Id give abby a B.

Hes doing better lately while playing on the top line but shoukd be on second. And he also kicked a guys ass defending his star linemate.

Howard A because well he is howard.

Abby deserves at least a B+. He's doing everything he's always done but now he scores fairly regularly.

Datsyuk...A.

I just reread my Hockey News yearbook from last year that listed several forwards higher than him in the top 50 players. It also said his days of being a point per game player are over. What ignorance. Datsyuk is faster and just as creative as I've ever seen him. I would have liked to see what he could have done with the whole seasons worth of games.

Ill Play!

Ericsson B+

At times The Big E has been the goat here on the boards. Thankfully we have Quincey, Smith and The Monster to fill those shoes this year. Is he proned to a boneheaded play up the centre of the ice? Yep, once in a while BUT he has at times been our best D-Man. He has learned to use his big body to his advantage and his PIMs have gone down. He has had a solid season and surpassed most of peoples expectations here!

Guest Crymson

What about Cleary's grade?

C-, though it seems fairly certain that he's injured. He can't lift himself off the ice without an assist from his stick.

Abby deserves at least a B+. He's doing everything he's always done but now he scores fairly regularly.

Datsyuk...A.

I just reread my Hockey News yearbook from last year that listed several forwards higher than him in the top 50 players. It also said his days of being a point per game player are over. What ignorance. Datsyuk is faster and just as creative as I've ever seen him. I would have liked to see what he could have done with the whole seasons worth of games.

Abby does not score failry regularly, quite the opposite if you ask me. He had 1 point in his first 23 games and he's had 4 points in the last 16 games. Other than his hattrick game and 2 goal game, his scoring has been close to non-existent. Normally I'd say that's no big deal, that's not really his role, but if scoring isn't part of his role, he shouldn't be on the #1 line.

Did the Hockey News really say that? After scoring 67 points in 70 games, surprising that they'd come out and say that his pointer per game days are over (perhaps you've paraphrased too much?). The distracters might say that with a full season, his per game stats might start to slip.

Starting from the bottom (not a Drake reference)

Smith - D (Obviously still not getting it as an Offensive Dman, too many mistakes)

Fillpulla - D (Horrible following a breakout year, what's worse is he could of been traded for Rick Nash)
Cleary - D+ (Probably injured or unable to fully recover from injuries, not close the same player he was in 2007-2010)

From the top

Howard A+ (Our MVP this year, will play 42/48 games and is posting a 922% SP and 2.19 GAA)

Datsyuk A (In 46 games still a PPG player, and +18 on a team whos GF/GA is only +6 - while playing against the opponent's best players)

Abdelkader B+ (Alot of Datsyuks emergence toward the second half comes from Abby's ability to create space for him and Z, scoring now too)

Incomplete

Dekeyser

Nyquist

Andersson

Guest The Axe

Kindl = A-

Most improved player on the team.

He took the step Ericsson took last year. Leads the team in +/-, 2nd in scoring for d-men, logs minutes, and plays well with whoever he's paired with. If Smith can make the same jump next year, we are going to be a ***** for other teams to play against. Im really looking forward to watching the Wings shut down other teams with 6 solid defensemen.

Edited by The Axe

What about Cleary's grade?

Clear-E

Z and Dats both A+'s, Brunner B, Flip D-, Mule B, DeKeyser A+, Kindl A, Kronner B, Tootoo B+, Smith B, Ericsson B+, Eaves B+, Sammy F, Howard A+, Goose A, Tatar A, Lashoff B+, Abdelkader A, Emmerton B+, Andersson B+, White E, Quincey C, Coliacovo D.

I don't agree with giving Abdelkader an A. As Doan so eloquently put it: "How do you have only 11 points playing with Datsyuk?" He's doing good things without the puck, and I get why he's on Datsyuk's wing now, but the guy should have more points just accidentally from playing with Datsyuk. He's just not an all-around good player. He's just a poor man's Holmstrom.