#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

What about Cleary's grade?

Clear-E

Z and Dats both A+'s, Brunner B, Flip D-, Mule B, DeKeyser A+, Kindl A, Kronner B, Tootoo B+, Smith B, Ericsson B+, Eaves B+, Sammy F, Howard A+, Goose A, Tatar A, Lashoff B+, Abdelkader A, Emmerton B+, Andersson B+, White E, Quincey C, Coliacovo D.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#23 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I don't agree with giving Abdelkader an A.  As Doan so eloquently put it: "How do you have only 11 points playing with Datsyuk?"  He's doing good things without the puck, and I get why he's on Datsyuk's wing now, but the guy should have more points just accidentally from playing with Datsyuk.  He's just not an all-around good player. He's just a poor man's Holmstrom.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#24 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Renney: E-

Don't Toews me, bro!

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Renney: E-

how do you figure?

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I don't agree with giving Abdelkader an A.  As Doan so eloquently put it: "How do you have only 11 points playing with Datsyuk?"  He's doing good things without the puck, and I get why he's on Datsyuk's wing now, but the guy should have more points just accidentally from playing with Datsyuk.  He's just not an all-around good player. He's just a poor man's Holmstrom.

When and where did Doan say this haha?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

how do you figure?

He basically did nothing and then he did something, but it was a small something, but it mattered, but, then again, he did do a whole lot of less-than-something-that-really-mattered.

This is all very scientific and objective.

When and where did Doan say this haha?

When he and Abdelkader were in their respective sin bins. We all figured he was launching expletives, but, I think it was Pierre who cleared it up.

It actually makes me like him more. Doan, I mean.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

He basically did nothing and then he did something, but it was a small something, but it mattered, but, then again, he did do a whole lot of less-than-something-that-really-mattered.

When he and Abdelkader were in their respective sin bins. We all figured he was launching expletives, but, I think it was Pierre who cleared it up.

I've always loved Doan.  He's just like Backes.  Everybody hates playing against him because he's often borderline.  But he's a force, and anybody who wouldn't want a guy like that is crazy. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#29 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

I think for play compared to expectations, Abby gets an A. However, if we start every player at the same point, I say he is a solid B/B+ for playing his game well. IMO he has been better than Cleary, and he has managed to produce the past few months. Abby doesn't have a lot of assists, but his forechecking, screening, etc. have led to a lot of goals.

Impressive stat: Abby leads the Wings in even strength goals.

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I've always loved Doan.  He's just like Backes.  Everybody hates playing against him because he's often borderline.  But he's a force, and anybody who wouldn't want a guy like that is crazy. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his. I think he would've done wonders for this team. But, alas, he's loyal.

I think he's a bit of a rarity in that he just seems to flat-out love, love, love the game of hockey. So when he crosses a line or whatever, I think it's because he's just that into it. Point being, I don't think he's a ****** bag or a bad egg or anything like that.

It was fun watching his reaction to the extra two minutes he got. The most animated I've seen a player in awhile.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

lmao, very scientific indeed. The problem was, we had a 1 week training camp, and playing games every other day doesn't leave rrom for practicing much, so it took a while for renney to implement his system in detroit and it finally took and we have been absolutely phenominal on special teams since.

#32 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

lmao, very scientific indeed. The problem was, we had a 1 week training camp, and playing games every other day doesn't leave rrom for practicing much, so it took a while for renney to implement his system in detroit and it finally took and we have been absolutely phenominal on special teams since.

How much of that is Renney, though? And how much is it Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronwall, Brunner, et al. finally just being themselves?

Not trying to take any credit from him, mind you. (OK, maybe a little.) I just think, by this point, our special teams could probably coach themselves just fine.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

How much of that is Renney, though? And how much is it Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronwall, Brunner, et al. finally just being themselves?

Not trying to take any credit from him, mind you. (OK, maybe a little.) I just think, by this point, our special teams could probably coach themselves just fine.

Would you have said the same thing last season?

#34 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm fine with Renney

Edited by kipwinger, 27 April 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#35 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

C-, though it seems fairly certain that he's injured. He can't lift himself off the ice without an assist from his stick.

Thats been the excuse for the past 4 years.

Also: Filppula: A+

Edited by Z and D for the C, 27 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#36 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Would you have said the same thing last season?

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Our PP was dreadful tonight. Thankfully it didn't matter.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#37 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hank

A

#38 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Thats been the excuse for the past 4 years.

Also: Filppula: A+

Not sure injuries are an "excuse" when they are legitimately hampering a player's ability.

What's Filppula's? Most disappointing player on the team this season.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#39 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Abs - B+

Smith - B-

Abs had a slow start but with the play he's shown lately and the damage he could potentially due playing with the guys he is, should only help him.

#40 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Dekeyser A+

I never seen him play before playing with the Wings. But from what I read in the scouting reports, he has played as I had hoped he might eventually develop into.