GO AWAY BLUE JACKETS FFS. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#82 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Was watching the Stars feed for the Jackets-Stars game and the announcers were talking about trying to take the Wings out of the playoffs at a point when the Stars were only down 1 goal with 10 minutes left in the game. Why are they not thinking about coming back and making the playoffs?

Edited by Yak19, 26 April 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#83 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

One more must win* game may be good for Detroit. More momentum going into playoffs.
I honestly don't see Detroit losing Saturday. But if they do, GO PREDS..... GO OILERS, GO AVES

As long as they don't lose in regulation, they are in.

#84 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'm going to be honest here and say that I really hope that Columbus does make that playoffs.

not in our place of course, but I hope we keep the 7th spot and the Jackets knock out the Minny sisters. I know that Suter/ Parise just wanted to be with family and play together, but I'm still darn bitter over not coming here. :ranting:

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#85 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Was watching the Stars feed for the Jackets-Stars game and the announcers were talking about trying to take the Wings out of the playoffs at a point when the Stars were only down 1 goal with 10 minutes left in the game. Why are they not thinking about coming back and making the playoffs?

At that point the Stars had been eliminated from postseason contention.

#86 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

By that time the Stars had already been eliminated mathematically, so there was no point in talking about coming back and making the playoffs.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#87 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

As long as they don't lose in regulation, they are in.

I know that. My bad I should have been more specific

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#88 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Just their luck to play like they have and still effectively have to play a game 7. I don't think we can count on Minny losing twice, so Columbus needs to lose.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#89 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

All we need is Love 1 point, right?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#90 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

or a Blue Jacket loss

#91 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

However this Saturday plays out, this team has shown us this week how good they are when the want to be! Very excited for the future and yes that means Saturday as well!!

#92 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'll second that. However the Wild are playing with confidence right now and with games vs the Oil and Avs. I just don't see them losing both games but stranger things have happened.

Nothing would thrill me more than to see the Wild miss the playoffs.

The wild that are below .500 in their last 10 games?  The wild that had lost 2 in a row and 5 out of 7 before beating LA the other night?

Yeah sounds like a confident team

#93 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

The Stars came out a different team in the third period, which I presume is after they learned they were eliminated.  They packed it in after 40.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#94 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

The wild that are below .500 in their last 10 games?  The wild that had lost 2 in a row and 5 out of 7 before beating LA the other night?

Yeah sounds like a confident team

the wild are playing the way we did last year going into the playoffs. Very frustrating for the fans, and they most likely will not have enough momentum to get passed round 1

#95 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

*The Mild

Don't Toews me, bro!

#96 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Maybe the stars will pack it in against the wings just like they did with the blue jackets in the 3rd

#97 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

My policy on the playoffs

0000041135_500.jpg

#98 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Maybe the stars will pack it in against the wings just like they did with the blue jackets in the 3rd

Or because we were the ones who eliminated them, they could come out swinging. But I hope for your scenario.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#99 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

By that time the Stars had already been eliminated mathematically, so there was no point in talking about coming back and making the playoffs.

Was watching that and the NFL draft didn't realize it. The Wings better just go for the win and not leave it up to anything else which they have been doing.

#100 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I really hope so

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy