• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Franzen's a Bargain

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

40 Gp 14G 17A 31P (1 more point than Hossa, 63 point pace over 82 games) +13 43 Hits all for a $4m cap hit

Guest DeGraa55

Not even close. You forget its for 37 years? What about before his hot streak?

Theres more to players and their "worth" than a couple of stats.

And quit with the equals such and such in an 82 game season. Idc about which player its about its dumb.

I was at game 7 in 09 against Pittsburg. I watched hossa every time he was on the ice. His lack of effort in that game to me was inexcusable. I don't care how hurt,sore, you are it's game f@cking 7 of the stanly cup finals!!! You go all out every shift. You leave absolutey everything you have on the ice. He played like a *****. I skate harder in the bulls*** beer league I play in. After that night I never wanted to see him in a Red Wings sweater again, he dosen't deserve it. I don't care how many points he pits up a year or anything. I was glad to see him go What I just typed is crazy, I'm sorry. It's 4:27 am.

Guest Johnz96

Not even close. You forget its for 37 years? What about before his hot streak?

Theres more to players and their "worth" than a couple of stats.

And quit with the equals such and such in an 82 game season. Idc about which player its about its dumb.

37 years? I agree about stats and there's a lot more to a player's stats than his ability and will to produce them.

So do you expect someone to score as many points if he doesn't play 82 games. It's not dumb to prorate a players stats over 82 games, it's dumb not to. Franzen will end up with 31-about 32 points this year sounds pathetic for a $4m/yr player unless you account that he only played in 41 games not 82.

All players have hot streaks and you got to account for them in the totals.

Franzen IS a bargain.

Guest Johnz96

I was at game 7 in 09 against Pittsburg. I watched hossa every time he was on the ice. His lack of effort in that game to me was inexcusable. I don't care how hurt,sore, you are it's game f@cking 7 of the stanly cup finals!!! You go all out every shift. You leave absolutey everything you have on the ice. He played like a *****. I skate harder in the bulls*** beer league I play in. After that night I never wanted to see him in a Red Wings sweater again, he dosen't deserve it. I don't care how many points he pits up a year or anything. I was glad to see him go What I just typed is crazy, I'm sorry. It's 4:27 am.

He was pretty much useless since the Chicago series yet still continued to get top minutes, I don't know how Babcock didn't see it.

Guest DeGraa55

37 years? I agree about stats and there's a lot more to a player's stats than his ability and will to produce them.

So do you expect someone to score as many points if he doesn't play 82 games. It's not dumb to prorate a players stats over 82 games, it's dumb not to. Franzen will end up with 31-about 32 points this year sounds pathetic for a $4m/yr player unless you account that he only played in 41 games not 82.

All players have hot streaks and you got to account for them in the totals.

Franzen IS a bargain.

No its dumb. Im not saying just franzen its for everyone. A shortened season is a sprint it doeant involve the grind it normally does. It doesnt have the wear and tear a season normally does. Its like the st louis crap. I mean really. His team is second to last in points in their conference. Who is stupid enough to think he could do it for a full season at his age?

Edited by DeGraa55

Guest DeGraa55

You feel that way about hossa. I want to hear your opinion on franzen then your rant must be better than mine!

Guest Johnz96

No its dumb. Im not saying just franzen its for everyone. A shortened season is a sprint it doeant involve the grind it normally does. It doesnt have the wear and tear a season normally does. Its like the st louis crap. I mean really. His team is second to last in points in their conference. Who is stupid enough to think he could do it for a full season at his age?

If he and Stamkos tried as hard defensively, they would score less but win more. I think he could keep up a similar pace over 82 games but not if winning became a priority over scoring points.

Who would you rather have? Franzen or Wayne Simmonds?

Im taking Simmonds. 9 years younger, cap hit is a shade lower, and the 6 years he has left on his contract are actually in his prime. Hes also like a black Holmstrom that knows how to fight.

Dont get me wrong, I like Mule alot when he plays like this, but at this point Simmonds is the better bargain moving forward.

Guest DeGraa55

If he and Stamkos tried as hard defensively, they would score less but win more. I think he could keep up a similar pace over 82 games but not if winning became a priority over scoring points.

Out of curiosity how many points did he have these last three years and how did it rank with rest of league?

You think he can lead over an 82 game season so look it up. Look at last three or four or five. When he was younger....

Im taking Simmonds. 9 years younger, cap hit is a shade lower, and the 6 years he has left on his contract are actually in his prime. Hes also like a black Holmstrom that knows how to fight.

Dont get me wrong, I like Mule alot when he plays like this, but at this point Simmonds is the better bargain moving forward.

Id take him.

Guest Johnz96

Out of curiosity how many points did he have these last three years and how did it rank with rest of league?

You think he can lead over an 82 game season so look it up. Look at last three or four or five. When he was younger....

Id take him.

He has 58 (1st) this year. 74 (18th), 99 (2nd), 94 (6th) and 80 (16th) in his previous 4 seasons. I'm pretty sure he would be top 5 in the league for the last 5 years, top 5 in the last 4 years, top 5 in the last 3 years and top 5 in the last 2.

Guest Johnz96

I would rather have Simmons, he is much tougher than Franzen and the Wings really need some toughness. He is an even better bargain than Franzen but that doesn't mean that Franzen isn't a great bargain as well

He had a shoulder injury that required him miss half of the next season. Every hurt your shoulder? I broke mine, and I play hockey (in beer leagues), and I can tell you, the fact that he was playing showed just how much effort he was putting in. Sorry that you think that he should have magically regenerated or something, but what about all the other players that also didn't give it all game 7?

Decent stats? Yes. Bargain at $4M cap hit? I wouldn't go that far. I don't like the $4M in general, but my biggest issue is that there is 7 years left on it and he is 33 or something like that. Everyone talks about his playoff abilities, but he's sucked in the playoffs just as often as when he's been really good.

And Franzen - healthy - busts his ass every shift of every game.

He gets way too much hate. Some of it is understandable, when he's not playing his heart out like he is lately it can look like he doesn't care. But for his cap hit he is a good deal, and I agree with Babcock that he's our "x factor". When he wants to he can dominate games like a 7-8 mil player can.

Edited by dat's sick

So this thread is serious?! I can never tell around here ahahaha...The facts are right now he IS a bargain for the points he puts up, will he STILL be a bargain when he's 52? Who know's but he's the Mule right now and it's the perfect time.

With the large caveat that when Franzen plays with intensity he's one of the best forwards in the game - but the man floated for 35 or more games this year and played like a 9 year old girl at times.

A hot streak doesn't mean he's a bargain all of a sudden. It means he needs to bring that same intensity over the full season instead of just when the Wings backs' are up against the wall.

So this thread is serious?! I can never tell around here ahahaha...The facts are right now he IS a bargain for the points he puts up, will he STILL be a bargain when he's 52? Who know's but he's the Mule right now and it's the perfect time.

who cares, he is only signed till he is 40, not 52...

With the large caveat that when Franzen plays with intensity he's one of the best forwards in the game - but the man floated for 35 or more games this year and played like a 9 year old girl at times.

A hot streak doesn't mean he's a bargain all of a sudden. It means he needs to bring that same intensity over the full season instead of just when the Wings backs' are up against the wall.

he has played 40 games, the last 14 games he has been by far one of our best players, so he "floated" for like 25 games. I couldn't care less cause he still put up points,not nearly the kind of points he has put up in the last 10 games, but the good thing about franzen is he is currently getting really hot just in time for playoffs, and can carry this team a few rounds single handedly

who cares, he is only signed till he is 40, not 52...

he has played 40 games, the last 14 games he has been by far one of our best players, so he "floated" for like 25 games. I couldn't care less cause he still put up points,not nearly the kind of points he has put up in the last 10 games, but the good thing about franzen is he is currently getting really hot just in time for playoffs, and can carry this team a few rounds single handedly

Wow, I wish I could basically show up and go through the motions for 50% of the time while I'm at work and still get paid and not get fired.

His efforts this year in at least 30 games has been unacceptable - don't let the stat lines fool you, at the beginning of this hot streak he was playing tissue paper soft defense and physicality - the physical play only picked up two weeks ago. If he would bring what he's brought this past two weeks or so, he's a top 5 forward in the league. But when he plays like he did for January/February and March, he's barely a top-6 forward.

More than anything, Franzen is a shooter on a team that has guys who love to make pretty passes. If he doesn't play with an edge, the Wings look like crap (i.e. what they looked like in January, February and March).

I asked this before in a Franzen thread:

Those of you who think playing like a 4 mil a year player is ok now because it is his cap hit, while he is actually getting paid 5.25 mil this year, will you still expect him to play like a 4 mil player at age 40?

If not, then please stop saying he is a bargain at 4 mil a year.

That is his cap hit, not what he is being paid nor what we should expect from him.

He has said it, his coach has said, he lacks motivation a lot of times.

I am not surprised he is playing very well right now, the Wings have been in playoff mode for weeks, roughly the length of his streak.

And the Franzen apologists will come out and say if we put the last few weeks of this season, and the last month or so of season X you will see he is a monster.

WRONG!

i will see that he is a floater and plays when and where he wants because you had to pick and choose segments of his seasons.

His defensive play as of late is all I need to see to know that he spent the better part of this season disinterested, he is now playing D up and down the ice, 3 weeks ago he wasn't defending anything.

When Franzen puts an effort in for a full season, not a couple of months here and a couple of months there, I will back off of him.

But he only plays in Mule mode when he thinks it best, I like that about as much as I like diving!

He scores around 28 goals a season, however most of that is done in about 2 months worth of effort and work, if he worked as hard the rest of the season as he is working right now he would be in talks for the Art Ross.

Instead he is Floater of the Year!

That is the sickening part, he could be a top flight player in this league. Instead he plays when he wants, at least the last guy that played like this in the Winged Wheel was quite possibly the best defensive forward to ever play the game.

Edited by Opie

Then we would be paying him 7 mill per season. You idiots around here that think everyone needs to be a 80 point player. How many 80 point players do you think we could afford in a salary cap world? Franzen has the best contract on the Detroit Red Wings besides Datsyuk. Like seriously 3.9 million dollar cap hit and you expect this guy to produce a point per game around here? Who the hell can you get who is better than Franzen for 3.9?

Franzen has 3 playoff runs where he averaged over a point per game. Last season no one on our team scored including Datsyuk and Zetterberg who each had 3 points in our short playoff run. So don't pull the Franzen hasn't showed up in the playoffs in years bulls***.

God everytime I decide to visit these forums I get so annoyed and just have to ***** at everyone. You guys are like 13 year old girls bitching none stop about everything. OMG HOLLAND PWEASE GET ME PARISE, OVECHKIN, SEMIN, WEBER FOR 5 MILLION A SEASON OR IM NOT WATCHING ANYMORE. Like for F sakes watch the games and appreciate the team we have because there are alot of good reasons to enjoy the product we have on the ice. Like for one we have Paval Datsyuk who is the most talented player in the world and we have some amazing prospects to watch develop.