• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Should I take an octopus to Dallas?

Rate this topic

I opened this thread not knowing what I would find. What I found is that I am deeply in love with each and every one of you!

I am of the mind that you find a good throwing spot away from your seat, THROW THAT f*****, then run like hell to the concourse and get lost in the crowd. Wait a few minutes, then casually return to your seat with a beer and a pretzel. Enjoy the rest of the game!

ya that is how i usually do it, but you have to escape the joes (or whichever arena you are in) rent-a-cops

I think IF the worst case scenario happens and I got booked on it, I think I could beat the charge due to the precedence and acceptableness of hat trick hats. In a court of law it would be hard to explain why that is acceptable and the octopus is not.

I also think it's completely hypocritical of the NHL to say we can't do this yet they continue to use footage of Al swinging the octopi in their 'Because it's the Cup' commercials.

One more tip just in case you're paranoid about the smell (although boiling should take care of it)

- if it looks like security is patting people down too much, sidle up to a very old deaf lady (the kind that talk REALLY LOUDLY), help her gently through security, and mumble quietly (so she won't hear you), "Grandma, I smell something funny. You did bring extra depends, didn't you?"

Smile at her, and she'll smile back with no idea what you said, the security guy will rush her through and let you go with her, and the smell will be unquestioned.

i think that was the stupidest thing I heard, fining fans for continuing a tradition, the nhl has become a joke

I can see it in other arenas. It's not their tradition, so why would they not discourage it?

As far as the Joe goes, I think it's more to keep it to a minimum. I read somewhere (and included it in a previous thread) that there are as many as 50 thrown during the playoff games. I guess they have to keep it in check or they'd be all over the place and some people just wouldn't follow proper etiquette.

Consider it an added challenge, and a greater badge of either honour for what you will do for your team if caught, or wily intelligence should you escape.

I was thinking about taking one to get things amped up for the boys. However, being an away arena, I'm fairly certain I'll get arrested or at least kicked out, so I would have to throw it towards the end of the game, hopefully when they are winning. Although, I'd really love to throw it out early and give them some spark. What do you think? How the hell do I get it in?

rrasco if you do this and I see it on TV you have a place to stay and free food when you come down to round rock for a stars game. hahahah=)

Guest Playmaker

The octo throwing was a cool playoff tradition that has been overdone, not unlike the Outdoor games will become. When they're thrown all season at every arena, it takes away the novelty. To each their own.

As far as the Joe goes, I think it's more to keep it to a minimum. I read somewhere (and included it in a previous thread) that there are as many as 50 thrown during the playoff games. I guess they have to keep it in check or they'd be all over the place and some people just wouldn't follow proper etiquette.

Yeah, I think it was during the '94 run it just got out of hand. In the end Stevie Y had to make a public plea for fans to stop throwing them. After every goal it was taking so long to clear the ice that it was killing any momentum we had.

I think the only question I have for the OP is: You have a shark?!

As a matter of fact I do.

The octo throwing was a cool playoff tradition that has been overdone, not unlike the Outdoor games will become. When they're thrown all season at every arena, it takes away the novelty. To each their own.

Well, the Wings have been in playoff mode for a week. That's good enough for me.

Yeah, I think it was during the '94 run it just got out of hand. In the end Stevie Y had to make a public plea for fans to stop throwing them. After every goal it was taking so long to clear the ice that it was killing any momentum we had.

95. 36 hit the ice in one game, one of them was 38lbs.

how much does an octopus run anyhow?

Not really sure. I bought a brick of frozen babies for $9. Thawing them out now, but they look too small. :( The store I know has them, is out. Of course.

how much does an octopus run anyhow?

Not very much. It's all those sneakers you need for the feets, ya know. Or you could do like what they did in Harry Potter and put roller skates on 'em and see how that goes?

Guest Gary.Bettman

I am alerting Dallas management to be on the lookout for any octopi being brought into the arena. Until the Penguins have a similar tradition, I want this kind of thing snuffed out.

I will make sure to let them know to heavily scrutinize anyone in a Wings jersey, especially in a WC jersey.