• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

The first challenge will be finding one.  Believe it or not, I've been trying to find one for months to feed to my shark with no luck.  They show up now and then, but not common.

I know all the basics of boiling, with lemon juice I've also read?  Obviously wouldn't throw it near the players or during play.  I'm not that guy.  My other challenge is I'm sitting behind the net, one section to the right, so I would have to find a throwing spot as to not hit the catch net.

I'm also of the concept that this is a playoff tradition, but being the last game of the season that our playoff chances hinge on, I think it's acceptable.  I want the boys to feel at home away from home.  We always get the LGRW chants going, so listen for us!  And I mean all of Red Wing fans there.

Probably won't go the Stars' jersey route, I will proudly be wearing my new WC jersey from start to finish.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#22 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

The first challenge will be finding one.  Believe it or not, I've been trying to find one for months to feed to my shark with no luck.  They show up now and then, but not common.

I know all the basics of boiling, with lemon juice I've also read?  Obviously wouldn't throw it near the players or during play.  I'm not that guy.  My other challenge is I'm sitting behind the net, one section to the right, so I would have to find a throwing spot as to not hit the catch net.

I'm also of the concept that this is a playoff tradition, but being the last game of the season that our playoff chances hinge on, I think it's acceptable.  I want the boys to feel at home away from home.  We always get the LGRW chants going, so listen for us!  And I mean all of Red Wing fans there.

Probably won't go the Stars' jersey route, I will proudly be wearing my new WC jersey from start to finish.

There normally doesn't seem to be many fans in Dallas, so you can probably maneuver around the rink pretty easily to find a good place to throw it :)

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

There normally doesn't seem to be many fans in Dallas, so you can probably maneuver around the rink pretty easily to find a good place to throw it :)

There are for Wings' games.  Lots of Red, but there are some black and green.

I'm sure if I do it most of them won't even know what just happened.

#24 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

just have some fun, take some pictures, near the end throw the octopus and then do this

#25 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

I opened this thread not knowing what I would find. What I found is that I am deeply in love with each and every one of you!

I am of the mind that you find a good throwing spot away from your seat, THROW THAT f*****, then run like hell to the concourse and get lost in the crowd. Wait a few minutes, then casually return to your seat with a beer and a pretzel. Enjoy the rest of the game!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I opened this thread not knowing what I would find. What I found is that I am deeply in love with each and every one of you!

I am of the mind that you find a good throwing spot away from your seat, THROW THAT f*****, then run like hell to the concourse and get lost in the crowd. Wait a few minutes, then casually return to your seat with a beer and a pretzel. Enjoy the rest of the game!

ya that is how i usually do it, but you have to escape the joes (or whichever arena you are in) rent-a-cops 

#27 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Haha.  If I do it, I will take off my jersey.  My new WC jersey will be too recognizable.

#28 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'm gonna contribute to the peer pressure here.

Do it.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 26 April 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I will contribute $10 to your fine if you get one.

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

I will contribute $10 to your fine if you get one.

i think that was the stupidest thing I heard, fining fans for continuing a tradition, the nhl has become a joke

#31 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

i think that was the stupidest thing I heard, fining fans for continuing a tradition, the nhl has become a joke

You can thank Florida, Edmonton and Nashville for that.  Rats, beef and catfish was just taking it too far.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I think IF the worst case scenario happens and I got booked on it, I think I could beat the charge due to the precedence and acceptableness of hat trick hats.  In a court of law it would be hard to explain why that is acceptable and the octopus is not.

I also think it's completely hypocritical of the NHL to say we can't do this yet they continue to use footage of Al swinging the octopi in their 'Because it's the Cup' commercials.

#33 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Or spend the game in a Stars jersey and when security asks who threw the octo, just shrug and ask them to explain icing.

I'm not down with ragging on other teams fanbases normally, but that my lady is pure comedy gold :D

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#34 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#35 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

One more tip just in case you're paranoid about the smell (although boiling should take care of it)

- if it looks like security is patting people down too much, sidle up to a very old deaf lady (the kind that talk REALLY LOUDLY), help her gently through security, and mumble quietly (so she won't hear you), "Grandma, I smell something funny.  You did bring extra depends, didn't you?"

Smile at her, and she'll smile back with no idea what you said, the security guy will rush her through and let you go with her, and the smell will be unquestioned.

#36 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'm not down with ragging on other teams fanbases normally, but that my lady is pure comedy gold :D

Yeah, I seriously LMAO at that one.

Edited by rrasco, 26 April 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#37 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#38 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Throw of and film it for us, Haha.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

I can see it in other arenas.  It's not their tradition, so why would they not discourage it?

As far as the Joe goes, I think it's more to keep it to a minimum.  I read somewhere (and included it in a previous thread) that there are as many as 50 thrown during the playoff games.  I guess they have to keep it in check or they'd be all over the place and some people just wouldn't follow proper etiquette.

Consider it an added challenge, and a greater badge of either honour for what you will do for your team if caught, or wily intelligence should you escape.

#40 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I think the only question I have for the OP is: You have a shark?!
Posted Image