• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

I was thinking about taking one to get things amped up for the boys.  However, being an away arena, I'm fairly certain I'll get arrested or at least kicked out, so I would have to throw it towards the end of the game, hopefully when they are winning.  Although, I'd really love to throw it out early and give them some spark.  What do you think? How the hell do I get it in?

rrasco if you do this and I see it on TV you have a place to stay and free food when you come down to round rock for a stars game. hahahah=)

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#42 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hell yes! You're the man, just do it! :punk:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#43 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

The octo throwing was a cool playoff tradition that has been overdone, not unlike the Outdoor games will become.  When they're thrown all season at every arena, it takes away the novelty.  To each their own.

#44 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

As far as the Joe goes, I think it's more to keep it to a minimum.  I read somewhere (and included it in a previous thread) that there are as many as 50 thrown during the playoff games.  I guess they have to keep it in check or they'd be all over the place and some people just wouldn't follow proper etiquette.

Yeah, I think it was during the '94 run it just got out of hand.  In the end Stevie Y had to make a public plea for fans to stop throwing them.  After every goal it was taking so long to clear the ice that it was killing any momentum we had.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#45 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I wanna see a octopus on the ice in Dallas,haven't got to see one on the Ice

#46 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

how much does an octopus run anyhow?

#47 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think the only question I have for the OP is: You have a shark?!

As a matter of fact I do.

The octo throwing was a cool playoff tradition that has been overdone, not unlike the Outdoor games will become.  When they're thrown all season at every arena, it takes away the novelty.  To each their own.

Well, the Wings have been in playoff mode for a week.  That's good enough for me.

Yeah, I think it was during the '94 run it just got out of hand.  In the end Stevie Y had to make a public plea for fans to stop throwing them.  After every goal it was taking so long to clear the ice that it was killing any momentum we had.

95.  36 hit the ice in one game, one of them was 38lbs.

Not really sure.  I bought a brick of frozen babies for $9.  Thawing them out now, but they look too small.  :(  The store I know has them, is out.  Of course.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#48 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Not very much.  It's all those sneakers you need for the feets, ya know.   Or you could do like what they did in Harry Potter and put roller skates on 'em and see how that goes?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#49 Gary.Bettman

Gary.Bettman

Commisioner of YOUR NHL!!

• 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

I am alerting Dallas management to be on the lookout for any octopi being brought into the arena.  Until the Penguins have a similar tradition, I want this kind of thing snuffed out.

I will make sure to let them know to heavily scrutinize anyone in a Wings jersey, especially in a WC jersey.

#50 Panic In Detroit

Panic In Detroit

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi, I created an account to say that you have to throw the octopus on the ice.

#51 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi, I created an account to say that you have to throw the octopus on the ice.

haha wow I wouldn't go through that much effort just for that!

no you have to do it, rrasco!

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#52 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I am alerting Dallas management to be on the lookout for any octopi being brought into the arena.  Until the Penguins have a similar tradition, I want this kind of thing snuffed out.

I will make sure to let them know to heavily scrutinize anyone in a Wings jersey, especially in a WC jersey.

Why Garry! Just the wo-MAN i'd like to speak to beat over the head with a hockey stick. Sorry, that is an insult to the female sex.  Have you gotten used to Cindy's titanium jaw yet?   

Sorry, that was below the belt.  I'll stop there.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#53 Gary.Bettman

Gary.Bettman

Commisioner of YOUR NHL!!

• 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Why Garry! Just the wo-MAN i'd like to speak to beat over the head with a hockey stick. Sorry, that is an insult to the female sex.  Have you gotten used to Cindy's titanium jaw yet?   

Sorry, that was below the belt.  I'll stop there.

No, that's ok.  Keep going, and tell me what you really think.  I am always glad to hear from my fans, and appreciate the feedback.

Sid is doing well.  I have been bringing him soup to make sure he'll be ready for the playoffs.  Can't have the Pens win another Cup without the face of the league in the lineup.

#54 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

If I could even find one!  The ones I got are smaller than my hand.  Maybe I'll just throw a handful of them.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#55 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

No, that's ok.  Keep going, and tell me what you really think.  I am always glad to hear from my fans enemies, and appreciate the feedback abuse.

Sid is doing well.  I have been bringing him soup to make sure he'll be ready for the playoffs.  Can't have the Pens win another Cup hand the Pens another cup without the HALF face of the league in the lineup.

Here Garry, I fixed your post for you so that there is actually some truth to it.  LoL ok, i'm done going off topic here.  Having a fake Garry to take my aggression out on is fun though!

Edited by Kmahrle83, 26 April 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#56 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Do it
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

If I could even find one!  The ones I got are smaller than my hand.  Maybe I'll just throw a handful of them.

tmmlol

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I say do it. 

Has anyone here actually thrown an octopus?  

#59 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

We need to overnight him a pi asap!!!

#60 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

This is so wise. I wish I could like it twice.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk