23 replies to this topic

#21 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I hope they let it ride at least until they lose a game

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#22 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Cleary has to stay in, his entire mo is built for playoffs.... I cant say the same about some of our young guys though. I saw some neevous nellies out there last night and for sure Babs will be happy to throw a Bert or Sammy in for a rook if beed be. Hell of a luxury to have.

Edited by beachwing, 28 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Getting this Wings edition into the playoffs without needing help from other teams, is just outstanding I don't think Babcock will win, because MacLean has done an unbelievable job with the Senators but it should be close.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

He'll play.  Now way Babs will drop him now, he loves to talk about how his vets who may have struggled in the regular season come alive in the playoffs.  Plus the guy is an absolute warrior in the postseason.

Brunner and Nyquist on the other hand....I think they will be on very short leashes and Babs will get Bert in there if he detects any lack of "compete" in their game.

Brunner and Nyquist have been creating as many chances as Dats and Z.  The difference is finish.  The guy that should be on a short leash is Filppula, cause he's producing like a 4th liner.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.