#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't get it....funny why?

Some people have no sense of humour.

I hope Babs stays.  I can't imagine him leaving the NHL.  That's what most people strive for.

#22 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

@DarrenDreger: Suggestions Babcock will be Red Berenson's successor at U of Mich. Babcock says not true. 2 yrs left on deal with Det and he's very happy.

Good news!

#23 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't get it....funny why?

In the words of Homer Simpson to Marge: "It's uterUS, not uteryou!"
Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#24 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

You wonder why this rumor - which is all it is right now- was started.  That doesn't strike me as Dreger's style.  To make waves at this point in the season?  Whaaaat?   :plain:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#25 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Travel just got a lot easier being in the East!!! This is just the league trying to derail our playoff streak with some distraction:):)

#26 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lol.....rumours

Canada eh?

#27 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Even if this was to be true you think Babs would say yeah I'm leaving... He wouldn't do that given the spot the wings are in and throw the whole team under the bus right before playoffs... He'd wait until the offseason. Classic example when players want to leave a team they always say oh I like it here and hope to sign a new contract wether that's true or not, same kind of thing with Babs. But I doubt it's true.

Posted Image

#28 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Canada eh?

Yep. Has Don Cherry told you about our great army yet?

bringit.jpg

#29 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

This is such s*** - Babcock will finish his contract with the Wings before anything happens.  I love Dreger, but f*** him for breaking this the night before our biggest game of the season.  This is someones "oh this would be nice" fantasy. 

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#30 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Why put this out the night before the biggest game of the season, terrible.

#31 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think there is some confusion here with a lot of people thinking Dreger put this rumour out there.  The rumour has been out there and Dreger is actually putting out the fire.

#32 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

The operative words here are "WILD SPECULATION." That should tell everyone all that they need to know.

Edited by Crymson, 26 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#33 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yeah "Wild Speculation" just means "Hey we're going to make some s*** up about a well known coach to get viewers/hits"

Posted Image

#34 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

HF was saying that he apparently has stated that he doesn't like NHL travel. His daughter still goes to school here, and apparently he wants to coach his son? I'm not sure, but that's what they were saying. They stated it like a well known rumor.

HF is wrong. Babcock told Dreger that he has no intention of leaving the Red Wings.

#35 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

It has been reported that Ian White was the one who started these rumors about Mike Babcock in retaliation for being perma-benched.  It has not been confirmed if Carlo Colaiacovo conspired with Mr. White, though it has been speculated.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#36 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

As a hockey fan, sometimes you don't even notice when things are spelled the Canadian English way. I didn't catch that until you pointed it out

FTFY :)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#37 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Coached Canada to a gold medal and will likely coach Canada again.

Only way he leaves is if he wants to leave, and theres no way he trades an original six elite NHL organization for NCAA hockey

This speculation certainly is "Wild"

#38 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

TOM RENNEY CONSPIRACY 

#39 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

the only thing I can see happening realistically, is a promotion. If kenny gets promoted to president, nill to vp/gm, and babs to nills position, that would make sense. Anything else is just asinine 

#40 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

It has been reported that Ian White was the one who started these rumors about Mike Babcock in retaliation for being perma-benched.  It has not been confirmed if Carlo Colaiacovo conspired with Mr. White, though it has been speculated.

Ha!