641 replies to this topic

#61 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

top 4 dman for them.

But what about Daly? (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?)

On paper, this should be an easy win.

This is why I'm terrified.

Yes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#62 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Win and you are in it is as simple as that.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#63 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

No changes in the lineup for the Wings:

Mike Babcock says no changes to #RedWings lineup tonight.

I'm going w/ #22 with the winner to put the Wings in the playoffs for 22 years straight 2-nite.

Let it riiiide!!

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#64 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Ok where's BottleofSmoke?  We need her awesome positive posts!!

I'm here! I'm so nervous I could puke, but I'm here! I was hoping to not have to do this again (f*** you, Lumbus!), but here goes:

You know what? Z has done a s***ty job as captain. He never deserved the C, and now he's clearly showing why. He can't carry this team on his back, and because of that we can look forward to losing many years' worth of must win games because we have no leadership. Where are our veterans?! We have a bunch of kids running around in poopy diapers, spazzing all over the ice and tripping over their own dicks because they're toof****** excited! This DelKeyser kid makes too many mistakes because he's out there ripping around, taking chances, and trying to show off. I mean, WTF?! And is Brunner not the laziest son of a ***** you have ever seen? He doesn't even try! Don't get me started on Tootoo. What af****** *****! My grandma could kick his ass with her diabetes monitor. Mark my words--this team is going nowhere, so get used to The Suck. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will be jumping off this bandwagon like af****** Titanic survivor after the game tonight. Whatever.

LGW!!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#65 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm here! I'm so nervous I could puke, but I'm here! I was hoping to not have to do this again (f*** you, Lumbus!), but here goes:

You know what? Z has done a s***ty job as captain. He never deserved the C, and now he's clearly showing why. He can't carry this team on his back, and because of that we can look forward to losing many years' worth of must win games because we have no leadership. Where are our veterans?! We have a bunch of kids running around in poopy diapers, spazzing all over the ice and tripping over their own dicks because they're toof****** excited! This DelKeyser kid makes too many mistakes because he's out there ripping around, taking chances, and trying to show off. I mean, WTF?! And is Brunner not the laziest son of a ***** you have ever seen? He doesn't even try! Don't get me started on Tootoo. What af****** *****! My grandma could kick his ass with her diabetes monitor. Mark my words--this team is going nowhere, so get used to The Suck. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will be jumping off this bandwagon like af****** Titanic survivor after the game tonight. Whatever.

LGW!!

it seems to have worked the last 3 games lol :)

4-2 wings, dats, abby, brunner, and andersson with the game winner

#66 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

LGW!!

The best part of these Smoke, is that your posts could just as easily could show up here on LGW as a serious rant and not a parody! In fact im sure if we scoured the threads we could find wagon fans losing their s*** just like this after losses.

Love these:):):)

Edited by beachwing, 27 April 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#67 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I generally save all of my most serious fanboying for any game seven in the playoffs.  Typically this involves me getting loaded and listening to Motley Crue all day until puck drop.  But considering this is a HUGE game, and it's a Saturday, I might have to make an exception.  C'mon Red Wings...KICK START MY HEART!!!!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#68 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

it seems to have worked the last 3 games lol :)

4-2 wings, dats, abby, brunner, and andersson with the game winner

I would love that, kid has been so solid. 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#69 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Was just gonna say - I'm definitely feeling an Andersson goal.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#70 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

very important game im nervous as s*** i cant take it just win guys i dont want to see cbj in 

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#71 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

About to hit the road!  See you guys on the other side!  LGRW!!!!!

It sure is a nice arena though.

I am already here in Dallas,so pumped about tonight's game

#72 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

This feels almost like a game 7 of a series.  Pretty pumped, our boys showed that they can do it for the past 3 games.  Only X factor is a relatively 'new' goalie ... sometimes in their debut, they play lights out.  But if we pepper him with 35+ shots, we should pull out the win.  

I hope they pull the goalie if we're tied with a couple of minutes left, makes it easy for us to score the EN.  How about if we are winning by 3+ goals, we pull the goalie in the last 30 seconds to try to run the score on them to say screw you !

Actually, I'm cheering for Colorado to play spoiler.  Would love to see Minny get 9th and Columbus makes it in at 8th.  Seeing how they came out last night 'gainst Edmonton ...didn't think they could lose 2 in a row but it could be a very real possibility.  

Edited by RedWingsRox, 27 April 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#73 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Last night I had a dream that Detroit was up 3-1 in the series against Chicago so here's hoping that I've become a psychic.
LGW!

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#74 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

About to hit the road!  See you guys on the other side!  LGRW!!!!!

It sure is a nice arena though.

Are you following through with Operation Callamari?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#75 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'm not mad because we've been playing well.  But man do I want to see Bert hit the ice sometime soon.  It would kill me if we somehow managed to win a cup and he didn't have much to do with it.  I've been looking forward to seeing him get handed the cup first for about four years now. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#76 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I am already here in Dallas,so pumped about tonight's game

Have a great time!

FlashyG, epic GDT is epic.  Awesome covered in awesome with a creamy awesome filling. Thank you!

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#77 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Great work, Flashy!  You are uber-talented, not only graphically but verbally.  But making Cleary the arch-enemy of the Wings?  I'm thinkin' juust a wee bit overboard for dramatic effect?    :rolleyes:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#78 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Columbus has been hungry for it, plus did you see minny lose 6-1? :o I hope they are tired and blow a tire tomorrow night, and the olson twins can shine up the clubs when the BJ's win

Thing is, Avs played last night too.  Bah.  Humbug.   :glare:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#79 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Love the GDT! :lol:

Finally closure to this strange tightly contested regular season comes tonight.

Go Wings!

#80 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Dallas down 1 with a minute to go. will they pull the goalie?

https://twitter.com/...165841516494851

They just moved Fraser back here to Austin, so that could be a good thing because he's pritty good.