• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#81 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

About to hit the road!  See you guys on the other side!  LGRW!!!!!

We'll be...um...thinking about you *winkwinknudgenudge*

tumblr_m2jft1VPeS1qkue3eo1_1280-1.png

Edit:  And I'm dying right now over Flashy's alternate DALLAS gameday graphics...why is Brunner looking at me so seductively?!

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 27 April 2013 - 01:14 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#82 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Great work, Flashy!  You are uber-talented, not only graphically but verbally.  But making Cleary the arch-enemy of the Wings?  I'm thinkin' juust a wee bit overboard for dramatic effect?    :rolleyes:

This GDT almost didn't exist. I had the one below made already but I've never seen the TV show and I was having trouble writing copy for the back. Thankfully inspiration struck during our last game when Cleary kept falling all over the place. 

Thanks to everyone for all the kind responses to it, It was one I put together pretty quickly compared to some of my other ones so I wasn't expecting everyone to like it this much.

k4hsur.png

#83 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't think I would, lately they have actually been able to score on the empty net, just don't let Z try lol :P

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#84 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm here! I'm so nervous I could puke, but I'm here! I was hoping to not have to do this again (f*** you, Lumbus!), but here goes:

You know what? Z has done a s***ty job as captain. He never deserved the C, and now he's clearly showing why. He can't carry this team on his back, and because of that we can look forward to losing many years' worth of must win games because we have no leadership. Where are our veterans?! We have a bunch of kids running around in poopy diapers, spazzing all over the ice and tripping over their own dicks because they're toof****** excited! This DelKeyser kid makes too many mistakes because he's out there ripping around, taking chances, and trying to show off. I mean, WTF?! And is Brunner not the laziest son of a ***** you have ever seen? He doesn't even try! Don't get me started on Tootoo. What af****** *****! My grandma could kick his ass with her diabetes monitor. Mark my words--this team is going nowhere, so get used to The Suck. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will be jumping off this bandwagon like af****** Titanic survivor after the game tonight. Whatever.

LGW!!

Aww.  Bless yer buns.  Thanks.   :cheesy:

I am already here in Dallas,so pumped about tonight's game

Too late to loan you a Wings' t-shirt, huh.  Ah.  Well.   :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#85 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

God I hope we win, I hope Columbus wins and Minn. lose.  I've always hated Minn. so I would find it hilarious if they choke again, not to mention the Parise/Suter thing (though I didn't really care if we got either).  Plus you can't help but respect Columbus.

Money says Dallas will be rocking as if it were at the Joe

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#86 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I was referring to last game when he missed an empty net 30 seconds in lol

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#87 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

This GDT almost didn't exist. I had the one below made already but I've never seen the TV show and I was having trouble writing copy for the back. Thankfully inspiration struck during our last game when Cleary kept falling all over the place. 

Thanks to everyone for all the kind responses to it, It was one I put together pretty quickly compared to some of my other ones so I wasn't expecting everyone to like it this much.

k4hsur.png

:hysterical:   S'ok about Cleary.  I know I'm in the minority and that's ok too.  With me it's a karma thing.  Bottom line?  You're a helluva creative human being and I'm grateful you're on our side!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#88 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

God I hope we win, I hope Columbus wins and Minn. lose.  I've always hated Minn. so I would find it hilarious if they choke again, not to mention the Parise/Suter thing (though I didn't really care if we got either).  Plus you can't help but respect Columbus.

I would not mind seeing that scenario. Columbus has shown a tremendous work ethic and I would love to see them take on Chicago in the first round.

#89 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

If we win, the  other 5 original 6 teams will be pissed. They all probably want us in 8th, so every original 6 team plays each other

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#90 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Nashville is starting mason in net tonight,so the jackets have a chance to win tonight

#91 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Nashville is starting mason in net tonight,so the jackets have a chance to win tonight

Send some positive thoughts your team's way

Edit: Didn't read the quote... I see what you're saying now

Edited by wingsfan4795, 27 April 2013 - 01:53 PM.

-Buppy

#92 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

If we win, the  other 5 original 6 teams will be pissed. They all probably want us in 8th, so every original 6 team plays each other

I see your point, but that is assuming that the devils wont beat the rags for pride, and keep NY in the 8th spot.

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#93 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I see your point, but that is assuming that the devils wont beat the rags for pride, and keep NY in the 8th spot.

Plus Ottawa still has 2 games left. so they control their own destiny as far as seeding goes.

They could possibly even take 5th place from Toronto if they win both and Toronto loses to Montreal in regulation.

#94 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Plus Ottawa still has 2 games left. so they control their own destiny as far as seeding goes.

They could possibly even take 5th place from Toronto if they win both and Toronto loses to Montreal in regulation.

Sorry I haven't looked at the East's standings in a couple days. It would be cool to see though!

-Buppy

#95 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

when was the last time all original 6 made it?

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#96 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Definitely don't remember the last time I was this nervous about a regular-season game, hope they grab an early lead and never look back.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#97 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

I think like 17 years or something crazy like that. Toronto probably had a lot to do with that

-Buppy

#98 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

'94 correction '96

Edited by McAwesome, 27 April 2013 - 03:16 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#99 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

If anyone is desperate, they can sign up for a day pass on NHL Gamecenter Live for 9.99 here.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#100 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Fact: Jordin Toootoo has scored and assisted on our last two game-winners, respectively.

Bizarro season is bizarro.

Don't Toews me, bro!